PDA

View Full Version : 2inch lift with 30mm spacers

Dampies
23rd February 2014, 02:26 PM
Hi guys.

I bought an 98 gu ti with 2 inch tjm lift.
It only done 3000km before I bought it a d I did 2000km with it.
So the suspension is still brand new to replace with a 3inch one.

What I saw from superior engineering are that you can get 30mm spacers for the front and back?
Will that wotk if I just fit the spacers or what do you guys think?

Thank you in advance.

Ben-e-boy
23rd February 2014, 03:04 PM
Bugger the spacers. It will be over 3 inch lift, so you will need new drag link, panhards and some form of castor correction or it will handle like crap.

paulyg
23rd February 2014, 03:43 PM
I have an OME 2 inch lift with 30mm spacers in the back and 20mm spacers in the front,
but my troll has draws and fridge permanently in the back and a roof rack and RTT, so it is always carrying a load,
I use the spacers to compensate for the load not as a cheap lift and for that they are okay.

Bloodyaussie
23rd February 2014, 03:51 PM
I had 3 inch and it is a big mistake running this without allowing for panhards and brake lines and lower control arms and caster correction sway bar connects.

Thought it was fine until I had it up on the hoist and saw how stretched the brake line was and how much the diff moved over and hit my long range tank.

There were plenty of other issues and I have draws and roof rack and fridge. .

Either stick with 2 inch and be happy or budget and do it properly for 3-4 inch.

Ben-e-boy
23rd February 2014, 04:37 PM
I had 3 inch and it is a big mistake running this without allowing for panhards and brake lines and lower control arms and caster correction sway bar connects.

Thought it was fine until I had it up on the hoist and saw how stretched the brake line was and how much the diff moved over and hit my long range tank.

There were plenty of other issues and I have draws and roof rack and fridge. .

Either stick with 2 inch and be happy or budget and do it properly for 3-4 inch.

Good responce....you get a biscuit

Dampies
23rd February 2014, 10:19 PM
Thanks fot the advice mates.
Think I will stick with the 2inch for now and then later get a full 3 inch kit with everything. :D

Dampies
25th February 2014, 11:29 PM
I have another question what i thought about.
If you install the 30mm spacers, wont the travel still be determined by the shocks?
You said that the brake lines will stretch and all that?
Wont it still be the same as with the 2 inch lift?
Because it only stretch at it most when it travels or not?

What I have read and seen on the suspension packages are that you can go 3 inch with you standard set up?
Only when you go to 4 inch you need to do the rest?

What do you guys think?

Ben-e-boy
26th February 2014, 07:06 AM
Just re read the first post..it answered your question.

Ben-e-boy
26th February 2014, 07:14 AM
For the simple fact of gaining some ground clearence, the steering will be twitchy, the diffs wont be centred properly, it might shimmy under hard breaking, plus a number of little handling quirks.
All that for 30mm of ground clearence........no thanks

Bloodyaussie
26th February 2014, 07:39 AM
Just read my post again mate.... I had 3 inch with 2 inch coils and 1 inch spacers.

Take it from me a person who has made many a mistake because I did not listen to those that knew better..............

Dampies
27th February 2014, 11:50 PM
Ok.
Thanks guys.
I will wait then. :-)