PDA

View Full Version : Selling Shorty

rusty_nail
14th February 2014, 02:11 PM
well guys the time has come to sell shorty, its been a fun car to have but getting older with changing priorities the SWB has been increasingly not as desirable to holiday in.

my time on NP.com.au has been awesome, i will be sticking around on the forum as its been a pleasure getting to know everyone in the last two years and i hope i will still be welcome to come along to future meetups in an albeit lessa capable vehicle.

at the moment i have my heart set on a Nissan Pathfinder, they seem to be in an affordable price range for me and while not being as capable of a 4wd, they will be much more comfortable than the shorty to tour in and able to get me most places, which is more what im interested in. please see below my advert which i spread to the various places on the interweb.

Regrettable Sale $3500

For Sale is my 1991 SWB GQ Manual Nissan Patrol. This car is a great offroad machine but unfortunately i have lost interest in it. The car has primarily been used for touring however it has been taken offroad a few times.

Specs:
TB42 on Dual Fuel, Manual Gearbox, Towbar

The Good:
Has a 2 year old King Springs 2" lift Kit
10000 pound Winch
Stainless steel snorkel(however not fully connected to motor)
Full Size Aluminum Roof Rack
After market Stereo with 6x9 Speakers in rear doors
Brand new Head, has done 10000k's since it was installed in november 2012
Gearbox and clutch all in good condition.
Comes rolling on 31" Highway tyres but will also include a set of 5 offroad 33" tyres
Dual Fuel
Brand New Windscreen
Replaced Rear windows with solid windows
Serviced every 5000k's with no oil leaks
GME UHF 40 Channel Radio

The Bad: Less than a month Registration
Interior needs work. comes with all parts to be re-fitted(as they were removed when car was painted in 2012)
Front left wheel bearing has gone and i dont have to time nor interest to fix it. will pass a roadworthy once this is fixed

Location Wollongong NSW

this car would be perfect for a person looking for a serious offroad vehicle or somthing as a tow vehicle. the price is definately negotiable please do not hesitate to enquire.

PM me and well get in touch if you are interested

BigRAWesty
14th February 2014, 04:08 PM
Good luck with the sale mate.
But not even a tb48 gu in the budget??

Maxhead
14th February 2014, 04:10 PM
We'll allow you to sell the shorty but you gotta make sure you stick around mate!!!....but a Pathy?? What are you thinking...LOL

NissanGQ4.2
14th February 2014, 04:23 PM
Did i just read your going to buy my GQ *L* Good luck with the sell mate and no doubt I will catch up with you again shortly.............I'm thinking of doing a day trip down 2 Kiama with the family so when I do I'll give u a call and see if your around home.

Edit: Shame this wasn't 8 months ago when I bought the crappadore, I would of bought it of you :( always the way

MudRunnerTD
14th February 2014, 05:31 PM
Wow Nic i just saw your add on FB and came looking here, Bugger. Its a pleasure to meet you mate, do go anywhere, your welcome here. Top Bloke gents!

What year are you looking at for the pathy? consider a LWB GQ or GU mate, even an early 2.8TD GU would be a gem mate!

Drewboyaus
14th February 2014, 07:06 PM
Yeah man, stick with the Patrol mate. You'll sit in the Pathy when you get it home and it just won't be the same!
You could even think about a GU.....
LOL

rusty_nail
14th February 2014, 07:17 PM
Good luck with the sale mate.
But not even a tb48 gu in the budget??

We'll allow you to sell the shorty but you gotta make sure you stick around mate!!!....but a Pathy?? What are you thinking...LOL

Did i just read your going to buy my GQ *L* Good luck with the sell mate and no doubt I will catch up with you again shortly.............I'm thinking of doing a day trip down 2 Kiama with the family so when I do I'll give u a call and see if your around home.

Edit: Shame this wasn't 8 months ago when I bought the crappadore, I would of bought it of you :( always the way

Wow Nic i just saw your add on FB and came looking here, Bugger. Its a pleasure to meet you mate, do go anywhere, your welcome here. Top Bloke gents!

What year are you looking at for the pathy? consider a LWB GQ or GU mate, even an early 2.8TD GU would be a gem mate!

ok so the main reason i want to sell it is if im to do more touring, the SWB is just NOT the vehicle to do it in its not roomy enough for two people to tour in and its REALLY bumpy.

so i want a diesel, in my mind to tour around, it just HAS to be a diesel so that rules out the 4.5 and 4.8 GU's. diesel GQ's are getting too old, i just want somthing i can drive and not worry about this or that breaking down. my budget for a new car would be 15-20k, 20k is stretching. i would love to own a GU, but i figure more that 10 years old is too much and anything less than would be outta my price range. the pathfinder will be '05 onwards, being the 2.5l turbo diesel, i believe its the same motor as the D22 navara, which is a pretty strong motor, also i went with a mate to test drive one(for him a few months ago) and i loved it roomy inside, fold flat seats for lazy camping, reasonable clearance, to get me most places but mainly it was the roominess lol.

I hadn't considered the 2.8GU's so i will look into that Dazz thanks for the idea.

Todd, timing is always a btch, and you know your always welcome at mine come around whenever you please well have a BBQ.

Chrisso, your the first bloke i met from the forum, for that you will always be special lol, will you be my valentine? dont worry im not going anywhere you blokes are awesome(that goes for you too roofy!!!) see above for the answer to all your other crude statements =P

Edit: another reason for choosing the pathfinder is that there is no way im going over to the darkside, i woudlnt even consider a toymota and i dont want a Ute, what other turbo diesels are available out there that are 4x4 capable and fairly reliable?

rusty_nail
14th February 2014, 07:18 PM
Yeah man, stick with the Patrol mate. You'll sit in the Pathy when you get it home and it just won't be the same!
You could even think about a GU.....
LOL

mate i just felt dirty when posting those adverts on the net, but it just has to be done lol. i know the pathy wont be a fulfilling as the troll, but when the time comes and im older with more money, ill probably head back to a patrol

Drewboyaus
14th February 2014, 07:37 PM
Mate, for 15-20K you would get an absolutely mint TD42 GQ LWB with 200K, plenty of fruit and an unmarked interior. I would tour in that in front of a Pathy any day of the week.
Just sayin'

Bloodyaussie
14th February 2014, 07:54 PM
Sorry Nick I just sat down to have a proper read and I want to come up to sydney and punch you round the ring??

I understand selling shorty but mate you could get a great GU at the moment or a off its tits GQ????

A Pathfinder is crappy junk mate??? why would you go from something that has the toughest drive line around to one of those bloody things???

What ever you do you are on this forum for life mate even if you buy a GREAT WALL!!!!!!

rusty_nail
14th February 2014, 08:03 PM
Sorry Nick I just sat down to have a proper read and I want to come up to sydney and punch you round the ring??

I understand selling shorty but mate you could get a great GU at the moment or a off its tits GQ????

A Pathfinder is crappy junk mate??? why would you go from something that has the toughest drive line around to one of those bloody things???

What ever you do you are on this forum for life mate even if you buy a GREAT WALL!!!!!!

Mate, for 15-20K you would get an absolutely mint TD42 GQ LWB with 200K, plenty of fruit and an unmarked interior. I would tour in that in front of a Pathy any day of the week.
Just sayin'

OK guys might have to rethink this Lol everyone on here is making this decision so hard. Still gotta get rid of the shorty but I'll have a better look at the Gus I just want easy, I am sick of thirsting money into the pit and not really enjoying driving the bloody thing

Bloodyaussie
14th February 2014, 08:10 PM
That right Drew nailed it.....

MudRunnerTD
14th February 2014, 08:21 PM

Yeah....nah..... We really just draw the line somewhere!

Nic you've changed mate. :(

I 100% agree that for your price range you will get an "Off its tits GQ TD42T" and have $5000 left! Or get a pretty tidy GUIII at least for up to $20k I reckon.

growler2058
14th February 2014, 08:24 PM
Wow pathy flex

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Bloodyaussie
14th February 2014, 08:24 PM
Wow pathy flex

Bwa ha ha ha ha.... thanks Growler thats awesome!!!!!

rusty_nail
14th February 2014, 08:26 PM
Wow pathy flex

I am laughing so much and hating so much right now... How can I argue with that pic...

Bloodyaussie
14th February 2014, 08:28 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha I am still laughing.........

Buy that car Nick and while your at it go in for a frontal lobotomy!!!!!

Mate you could buy a car we would be jealous of or you could buy one of them!!!

rusty_nail
14th February 2014, 08:29 PM
Yeah....nah..... We really just draw the line somewhere!

Nic you've changed mate. :(

I 100% agree that for your price range you will get an "Off its tits GQ TD42T" and have $5000 left! Or get a pretty tidy GUIII at least for up to $20k I reckon.

Yeah I see your point mate the GQ is a no go to old and I would again just be sinking money into a bottomless pit. The gu... I'll think about it there is gonna be six months planning in my next car and once the shorty is gone I'll really need to look at what is around is the GU really gonna affordable to drive to work every day tho

Clunk
14th February 2014, 08:52 PM
Yeah I see your point mate the GQ is a no go to old and I would again just be sinking money into a bottomless pit. The gu... I'll think about it there is gonna be six months planning in my next car and once the shorty is gone I'll really need to look at what is around is the GU really gonna affordable to drive to work every day tho

No matter what you get, you'll be sinking money into a bottomless pit. It's just the nature of 4bying bud. TD42 GQ no nads required lol

AB
14th February 2014, 08:55 PM
Don't worry blokes, just rung Nic and got his mind sorted...lol

04 3 litre onwards..lets find him one!!!

Winnie
14th February 2014, 08:57 PM
Well after his first trip to Vic, he knows what not to but in a GU

taslucas
14th February 2014, 08:59 PM
Don't worry blokes, just rung Nic and got his mind sorted...lol

04 3 litre onwards..lets find him one!!!

Damn, I wanted the sh1t slinging to go on for another few pages!

AB
14th February 2014, 09:03 PM
It's still open for any curry giving...lol

MudRunnerTD
14th February 2014, 09:04 PM
If you buy a heavily modded GQ TD42T that is already setup as a tourer then you will sink possible Zero further dollars into it, all the money is spent and all you have to do is use it.

A $15,000 well setup GQ TD42T has finished depreciating mate and if anything is appreciating. You could drive it for 5 years and probable still sell it for $12k. You would loose 3 times that on a GU over the same period.

AB
14th February 2014, 09:06 PM
If you buy a heavily modded GQ TD42T that is already setup as a tourer then you will sink possible Zero further dollars into it, all the money is spent and all you have to do is use it.

A $15,000 well setup GQ TD42T has finished depreciating mate and if anything is appreciating. You could drive it for 5 years and probable still sell it for $12k. You would loose 3 times that on a GU over the same period.

He's getting old Darren, he needs soft seats, air con that keeps his tootsies cool and little buttons that he can press to make life easy!

Bloodyaussie
14th February 2014, 09:06 PM

Yeah.... because... wait for it ...... GU's are shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clunk
14th February 2014, 09:07 PM
GU 3ltr 4 potter wheeze machine, one word mate............ KAAAAAAABOOOOOOOOM

;):D

TPC
14th February 2014, 09:10 PM

Don't you drive a GU? Its what I saw you in when I was over there.

MudRunnerTD
14th February 2014, 09:12 PM
Don't you drive a GU? Its what I saw you in when I was over there.

I have a GUIV TD42Ti and a GQ TD42T for the bush. The GUIV is awesome and roomy and very comfortable. The GQ gets it done just fine though and a decent GQ setup well will do 1million kms.

rusty_nail
14th February 2014, 09:18 PM
He's getting old Darren, he needs soft seats, air con that keeps his tootsies cool and little buttons that he can press to make life easy!

Yeah don't forget Tegan won't be happy to a GQ, she's actually scared of the drivers seat on mine Lol I don't think she would change her mind even if it were a diesel. And as much as I like driving I don't want to drive around the whole of Australia with her in the passenger seat getting to enjoy the surrounds while I drive the whole bloody way Lol

MudRunnerTD
14th February 2014, 09:19 PM
This would be a pretty cool car, swap for you Shorty with cash his way??

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-GQ-Patrol-TD42-Turbo-Diesel-GU-Drivetrain-ARB-WARN-Lightforce-NO-RESERVE-/231155254499?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item35d1ed44e3&_uhb=1

rusty_nail
14th February 2014, 09:29 PM
This would be a pretty cool car, swap for you Shorty with cash his way??

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-GQ-Patrol-TD42-Turbo-Diesel-GU-Drivetrain-ARB-WARN-Lightforce-NO-RESERVE-/231155254499?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item35d1ed44e3&_uhb=1

It's bad timing that is a nice rig. But I'm at least 3-4 months away from from actually buying another truck. Tegan still had to finish off the dualis and in two months when that it's done it will be go go go with finding an actual vehicle

TPC
14th February 2014, 09:44 PM
I have a GUIV TD42Ti and a GQ TD42T for the bush. The GUIV is awesome and roomy and very comfortable. The GQ gets it done just fine though and a decent GQ setup well will do 1million kms.
Yea I have heard about your GQ but have heard stories on here that its a myth.
I think most people on here that do a bit of touring have a GU, as you have said their are roomy and comfortable.

BigRAWesty
15th February 2014, 12:04 AM
I see your dilemma mate.
I guess how much of the outback do you wanna see?
The black top, or places a pathy can't go??

Clunk
15th February 2014, 12:21 AM
here you go mate, this is what you need

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-5Z4XBCkcE