PDA

View Full Version : 2" lift

critta11
12th February 2014, 02:00 PM
Hey guys
I'm looking at getting an 2" lift for my gu wagon and am curious to see what people recommend. Seems like the decent ones are around $950/1000. Anyone know what dobinsons are like ? Just don't want to get a year down tracks and have it sag a heap. Probably looking at a 200kg constant load

critta11
12th February 2014, 02:05 PM
Also king springs and Suzukisuper?

fourj
12th February 2014, 09:15 PM
King springs as far as I'm concerned, value for money & great gear.

critta11
13th February 2014, 10:57 AM
I've done a bit of research and price finding and I'm thinking either dobinsons or king spring coils with efs elite shocks. Now jut have to find the $$ haha

MEGOMONSTER
13th February 2014, 12:40 PM
So many choses and combinations to choose from.
Get the best you can afford.
I am still deliberating as what to get, but at the moment not working doesn't help my situation.
Good luck with it all.
If you have a look under the suspension section, there are many thread about this very topic to peruse.

Lightspeed
18th May 2014, 07:16 PM
I've got 2" EFS springs & shocks with EFS steering damper cost me around the $1,000 mark. Had it for just over 2&1/2 years now no sagging great on & off road. My patrol is always fully loaded also.

BigRAWesty
18th May 2014, 08:30 PM
Nice mate and thanks for the feedback.

How does the front end feel going threw drains etc?? Mine is stiff as and I'm wondering if my bro got heavier front springs to..

Lightspeed
24th May 2014, 09:44 AM
Nice mate and thanks for the feedback.

How does the front end feel going threw drains etc?? Mine is stiff as and I'm wondering if my bro got heavier front springs to..

My patrol feels really good on road & off road it goes where I point it. I have long wheel base rear springs in my shorty as they are a fraction wider. Bumps on the road feel real smooth. I think the important thing about selecting your suspension is getting it right with what the finished weight of your vehicle is going to be. Also what your going to carry on the roof makes a heap of difference to how it will perform.