PDA

View Full Version : Anaconda's Dune 4wd EyrePlus 10x14 Tent

Clunk
8th February 2014, 09:10 PM
I was originally looking at getting either a Dune Kimberley 9 plus tourer or the Oztrail Tourer 9 plus. but was a bit worried that space may have been a bit of an issue with 2 adults & 3 kids. Noticed online that they had the Dune 4wd Eyre Plus 10x14 Tent in the link below on special, so after doing a spot of research on them, found they are also know as the Kodiak Flex Bow 10x14 Deluxe, or there's also SpringBar.......... can't wait to get it and get out in it. Gonna make it much easier and quicker for us to set up camp now.

http://www.anaconda.com.au/Product/Camp-and-Hike/Tents-and-Shelter/Family-Tents/eyre-plus-10x14-tent

How it's set up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIrlCOIH4nc

How it stands up to a little breeze

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-0bZoGm9Is

Clunk
8th February 2014, 09:19 PM
Also bought one of these http://www.anaconda.com.au/Product/Camp-and-Hike/Outdoor-Furniture/Camp-Kitchens/Weekender-Camp-Kitchen

and one of these http://www.anaconda.com.au/Product/Camp-and-Hike/Tents-and-Shelter/Screens-and-Shades/Event-14-Sunshade

to keep the missus happy

Woof
8th February 2014, 09:27 PM
No matter what tent you got Clunky it will still take you 2 hours to put it up..........................but we all enjoy watching while having a cold beverage, thanks mate...hahahahaha

Clunk
8th February 2014, 09:36 PM
No matter what tent you got Clunky it will still take you 2 hours to put it up..........................but we all enjoy watching while having a cold beverage, thanks mate...hahahahaha
well at least with this one I dont have to wait for a break in the rain to put it up lol...................... and besides, I enjoyed those 2 hours, just hanging around havin beers ;):D

Clunk
5th April 2014, 10:01 PM
Finally picked it up, set it up to condition it. Took less than 5 minutes to erect, do happy with that. Should be enough room for 2 self inflating mattresses, 2 camp city for the girls and another mattress for the boy.

megatexture
5th April 2014, 10:11 PM
Tent looks great but the only reason I wouldn't get it is it needs to be pegged down, we've camped in some places out west on cap rock that you would bend any size peg on. Looks like it holds up to the wind well. Has it got loops on the Side up top for some guy ropes?

MudRunnerTD
5th April 2014, 10:26 PM
Never seen one of those, looks great Clunk. How was it mate? Plenty of room.

Clunk
5th April 2014, 10:58 PM
Tent looks great but the only reason I wouldn't get it is it needs to be pegged down, we've camped in some places out west on cap rock that you would bend any size peg on. Looks like it holds up to the wind well. Has it got loops on the Side up top for some guy ropes?

ahhh now I've thought of the old trying to peg down in the hard ground....... have bought some Peggy Pegs http://www.peggypeg.com.au/ , whchi are screwed into the ground. Not cheap though.
only guy ropes are on the porch. Watch the vid s mate, only 3 main poles and spring arms support the whole thing

Clunk
5th April 2014, 11:02 PM
Never seen one of those, looks great Clunk. How was it mate? Plenty of room.

seems to be a fair bit of space inside but proof will be in the pudding next weekend when we go away for a few days...................... and its got plenty of head room for us over 6 footers.

By the way, the porch is lowered to allow for run off while I was giving it a good soaking

megatexture
6th April 2014, 12:07 AM
ahhh now I've thought of the old trying to peg down in the hard ground....... have bought some Peggy Pegs http://www.peggypeg.com.au/ , whchi are screwed into the ground. Not cheap though.
only guy ropes are on the porch. Watch the vid s mate, only 3 main poles and spring arms support the whole thing

You would prob need to take a hammer drill to start off with also where we were but the pegs look good I might have to grab some also to see if they would work there. Have you tried them before?

Clunk
6th April 2014, 01:50 AM
You would prob need to take a hammer drill to start off with also where we were but the pegs look good I might have to grab some also to see if they would work there. Have you tried them before?

Unfortunately not yet, just getting prepared for all eventualities

megatexture
6th April 2014, 06:31 PM
Just looked at a few vids on the pegs and they look pretty good for general ground certainly easy , knowing my luck I'd either forget my cordless at home or not charge it lol

Clunk
6th April 2014, 08:41 PM
Yep need to get me self a cordless, dropped plenty of hints but looks like I'll have to get it myself as usual lol

never
19th June 2014, 02:59 PM
These are the kodiak version available in aus http://shar.es/PNrgj . Comes with a range of internal storage compartments and vents. 2 doors (one front and one at back) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gprMzIoG4bU&sns=em

Kodiak version talks about army duck canvas. The Dune Eyre version now half price and says ripstop canvas, single door and no mention of vents or internal storage ykk zippers etc.

Clunk have you had chance to test your tent. Can you advise of similarities and differences of the 2 brands? Both were $900ish but now Dune Eyre $450

Clunk
19th June 2014, 03:19 PM
Still haven't had chance to test it out, had to cancel trip due to everyone in the family getting sick. Haven't seen the the Kodiak in the flesh do can't comment.
The 10x14 that I bought has a couple of internal storage compartments, doors from and back. Also panels on all sides which can be zipped down for all round ventilation. I don't remember the zips being YKK though and yes it's made out of ripstock canvas. Not sure about the 10x10, ruled it out do to its size.

May not get to use it until end of September now though

megatexture
19th June 2014, 03:35 PM
I saw a fella using those drill in pegs a few weeks back also i kept meaning to go over and ask about them but they took off before i could but they looked good when he used them, though the soil was not hard to peg anything into.

never
19th June 2014, 03:59 PM
Thanks - they sound very similar other than type of canvas. I'm going to look at Kodiak 10x14 tomorrow. Will see what salesman says about ripstop vs army duck. I only just revisited anaconda site. Yesterday the dune eyre was $899, same price as kodiak. Had my self ready to walk out the door with kodiak. Now second guessing. But $450 a big savings.

Thanks again for info on your tent

Covo71
19th June 2014, 04:46 PM
These look pretty good. Going down to Penrith to have a look on Sunday. Can't beat the price.

Clunk
19th June 2014, 05:29 PM
Thanks - they sound very similar other than type of canvas. I'm going to look at Kodiak 10x14 tomorrow. Will see what salesman says about ripstop vs army duck. I only just revisited anaconda site. Yesterday the dune eyre was $899, same price as kodiak. Had my self ready to walk out the door with kodiak. Now second guessing. But $450 a big savings.

Thanks again for info on your tent
Yeah I paid $508 for my 10x14 on special. Oztrail are now doing the 10x10 aswell

Clunk
3rd October 2014, 12:29 AM
Finally got to use the tent on the weekend and what a lovely wet weekend it was too......... tent performed very well, quick to set up, didn't leak, plenty of room for the 5 of us inside with room to spare and needless to say I'm very happy with it and even more so because of the price I paid for it. The only real issue that I have, is that the poles are a little to long to actually fit inside the main tent bag but then again it's not a big issue because it means you're not having to try and lift a full 37kg on to the roof rack

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l570/clunk71/Dwellingup%20Sept%202014/20140928_124200_zpsump6yftg.jpg (http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/clunk71/media/Dwellingup%20Sept%202014/20140928_124200_zpsump6yftg.jpg.html)

MudRunnerTD
3rd October 2014, 12:49 AM
37kgs!!!! Really!!! got a pic of it bagged up Clunk?

Clunk
3rd October 2014, 01:25 AM
37kgs!!!! Really!!! got a pic of it bagged up Clunk?

Sorry should be 34kg but even so it's not light weight (plenty of canvas and a good heavy duty flooring). It is tall to being over 2m, which I find a bonus not having to stoop to get dressed.
Will get a photo of it bagged up soon (ish) :D
I'll also get some weights of the tent bag and pole bag separately.

Clunk
4th October 2014, 05:45 PM
Here you go MR put the bags against the wheel just to give an idea on the size once bagged up. Considering the size of the tent, I don't think it's too bad at all. Tent bag weighs just under 20kg, pole and peg bag are just under 14kg.

spinyeel
9th May 2015, 09:38 PM
My wife and I bought one of these tents at an Anaconda half price sale,last year. We have survived some horrendous conditions and couldn't be happier.
They are very well made,super stable in strong winds and a lot cheaper than their more expensive competition.

Avo
9th May 2015, 11:16 PM

OI we have pics of you...two hours...oh geez you where way more funn than that

clubbyr8
18th May 2015, 05:26 PM
Clunk,

We saw one at the weekend and it looks pretty impressive but was wondering how vulnerable the side and back mesh is, as the canvas cover is on the inside? Is there any other protection for the mesh if the wind starts blowing a bit?

Clunk
18th May 2015, 06:36 PM
Clunk,

We saw one at the weekend and it looks pretty impressive but was wondering how vulnerable the side and back mesh is, as the canvas cover is on the inside? Is there any other protection for the mesh if the wind starts blowing a bit?
No idea mate, not had it out in anything more than a bit of a breeze

spinyeel
27th May 2015, 01:50 PM
Clunk,

How would the wind affect the mesh?

clubbyr8
27th May 2015, 02:21 PM
How would the wind affect the mesh?

The mesh is exposed (no canvas cover) on the sides and back of the tent which means if it's windy, there's a chance it can be damaged by debris from trees etc, that's why I asked is there's any other protection for the mesh. Having said that, we'll probably still get one...

Clunk
27th May 2015, 03:13 PM
The mesh is exposed (no canvas cover) on the sides and back of the tent which means if it's windy, there's a chance it can be damaged by debris from trees etc, that's why I asked is there's any other protection for the mesh. Having said that, we'll probably still get one...
Bit of gaffa tape will fix it up [emoji12]

spinyeel
28th May 2015, 12:55 PM

They are an awesome tent. By far the best foul weather tent I have owned. I think if branches start to blow off trees,it's time to pack up and hide in the car.lol.