PDA

View Full Version : Texting while driving awareness video

Clunk
7th February 2014, 11:53 PM
Ok, ok so not necessarily 4x4 safety, so mods please move if you deem necessary.

Made by the Welsh police (hence the accents boyo) a couple of years back to bring awareness to drivers in the UK. It's not short but well worth the watch in my opinion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3WWpCUme3M

threedogs
8th February 2014, 06:25 AM
very graphic , its whats needed ,,see it every day , day in day out pet hate of mine
I'm sure as well as others

fracster
8th February 2014, 08:15 PM
Ok, ok so not necessarily 4x4 safety, so mods please move if you deem necessary.

Made by the Welsh police (hence the accents boyo) a couple of years back to bring awareness to drivers in the UK. It's not short but well worth the watch in my opinion

Harsh film mate, but worth it, see far to many idiots texting whilst driving.

AB
8th February 2014, 08:32 PM
It definitely hits home that's for sure. I have no issue with that on tv after 9:30 though. I wouldnt want my 4 year old daughter seeing that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Clunk
8th February 2014, 08:33 PM
Harsh film mate, but worth it, see far to many idiots texting whilst driving.
yep harsh indeed but I dont see the point in treading lightly

fracster
8th February 2014, 08:39 PM
yep harsh indeed but I dont see the point in treading lightlyNo point in treading lightly at all boyo.

I`ve been driving lorries for a few weeks now,to get some brass rolling in, amazing what you see other people doing when they are supposed to be concentrating on driving.

Clunk
8th February 2014, 08:42 PM
cant do anything but matey, not at 110KG hahahahahahaha

Gecko17
14th February 2014, 11:51 AM
Great Ad. Sadly, the message is still not getting through. And it is not just the youth that are guilty of texting whilst driving. The amount of people I see texting whilst driving is just sad but the ad also shows that the guilty party is not usually the only one effected.

If drunk-drivers only killed themselves, I really couldn't care less, but unfortunately I have had to pick up the pieces of too many destroyed lives, just because of the actions of single person.

Please don't text and drive... for the sake of not being able to talk to your friends for a couple of minutes or even hours... it's still better than never being able to talk to them again.

SonOf
19th February 2014, 10:13 AM
Graphic but unfortunately all to realistic.
Agree it is not just teenagers who are guilty of this, I have even seen local GD cops chatting on phones whilst driving.

I remember the adds for taking rest breaks with the combi getting slammed when I was younger, definately had an impact.

lightfoot
27th April 2014, 09:02 AM
The Belgians came up with this idea, interesting to see the responses of the people in the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbjSWDwJILs