PDA

View Full Version : Warraweena Conservation Park

wildgu6
31st January 2011, 04:23 PM
Warraweena Conservation Park, Beltana S.A (Flinders Ranges) 540 kms north of Adelaide

http://www.warraweena.com/4x4tracks.html

Cheers Pete

patch697
31st January 2011, 08:19 PM
Not a bad looking spot Pete, you planning to come pick me up so we can take a trip out there are ya?????

NissanGQ4.2
31st January 2011, 08:44 PM
pick me up 2 Pete....NOW!!!!!!, it won my vote on the first line on the website "4X4 DRIVING & TRAIL BIKE RIDING"

I wanna go now!!!!!!!

wildgu6
1st February 2011, 08:38 PM
Not a bad looking spot Pete, you planning to come pick me up so we can take a trip out there are ya?????

pick me up 2 Pete....NOW!!!!!!, it won my vote on the first line on the website "4X4 DRIVING & TRAIL BIKE RIDING"

I wanna go now!!!!!!!

On my way guys, be there soon. I'll pick you up first Pauly, that way I got company to go Toddstas way
Meet me at the corner................LMFAO

Could be a plan though.

If I remember correctly I think Plas was the one that recomended this place to me.........Yer Plas ???

growler2058
20th February 2011, 09:18 PM
Onya mate that looks like an awesome adventure rekon we'll give Warraweena a crack

sa_on_patrol
19th May 2011, 11:30 PM
Warrawenna is a great place to do some 4wding and camping, I grew up in that area and have been there dozens of times, definitely worth it!

big_fletch
20th May 2011, 08:17 AM
Looks like a fun spot to go for a wheel, will check it out for sure one day

twiggsy
20th May 2011, 10:00 AM
that place looks awesome, will definitely be taking the family for an adventure there!!!

Pitbull
20th October 2011, 05:37 PM
I was at Warraweena in August for my fourth visit and stayed in Cockatoo Hut , we drove the Mt Gill and Dunbar tracks and then to finish off took the Copper Mine track into Blinman , there are many excellent camping spots on the property and excellent 4x4ing , plenty of washouts and rocky creek bed driving , Stony and Gina are also excellent hosts , well worth visiting

Blacklotusdog
23rd May 2012, 05:01 PM
Anyone been out here recently? Is it all still running, sounds like a great spot.

pearcey
23rd May 2012, 08:35 PM
Anyone been out here recently? Is it all still running, sounds like a great spot.

G`day mate
Yes it`s still running and it`s pretty cheap all the info is on their site.
It`s a top spot and there are plenty of places to explore so alow plenty of time

Blacklotusdog
24th May 2012, 01:04 PM
Yeah it sounds fantastic,

Really want to do the Mt Gill track, how difficult is it for those that have done it? I have a stock as a rock 2012 GU8 ST Auto, reckon we would be right in her. No lift, shitty stock bridgies.

pearcey
24th May 2012, 06:42 PM
Have done all the tracks although it was awhile ago in a close to stock GQ. You will get a few scratches and if not real carefull a dent or two. Ask Stony about tracks as he is very help full.
I do recommend you go and have a crack at the tracks there You Will not be disappointed

zoids666
10th April 2013, 09:48 AM
Blacklotusdog my mate done the mount gill track in a stock 2006 gu with no trouble at all, as long as you watch your wheel placement you should have no trouble

Blacklotusdog
10th April 2013, 01:06 PM
Lol, digging up bit of an old thread there. But funnily enough your timing is spot on, I'm heading into warrawena finally on the 17th and am booked in to do the mt gill track. Thanks for the reply.

Sanouske
26th June 2013, 05:51 PM
Nice spot. Been looking for a few nice placed to head. Thanks.

Sanouske
26th June 2013, 05:58 PM
Actually did they start charging for staying in this area. Was talking to a mate just now and he thought they were charging....

wildgu6
26th June 2013, 06:38 PM
http://www.warraweena.com/bookings&fees.html

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Blacklotusdog
26th June 2013, 11:35 PM
It's privately owned so charge to stay a d do their tracks. Well worth it, camp sites are awesome, and tracks o did were fantastic

Sanouske
27th June 2013, 12:32 AM
Sorry, totally missed the booking and fees link. Thanks wild.

Blackdog, how aggressive did you think the tracks were? My missus brother in law has a bog stock amarok along with her parents in their 2012 stock sr5. Would there be suitable tracks for them to attack without grief...going to have to do some more reading up on the area, but its hard finding spots which are a bit of fun, but not out of the park for stock busses.

Blacklotusdog
28th June 2013, 01:30 PM
Yeah no dramas, the owners are very helpful. We did the mt gill track which is their toughest track. Patrol was pretty much stock except for 265/75 MT ATZ 4 ribs. Unless they are pretty confident drivers with experience of tight rocky steep tracks would probably miss that particular one. The rest of the tracks should be all good though. Copper track is an easy but really nice way to exit warraweena when heading back down south. Especially if then heading into flinders ranges.

Mickyd188
31st July 2013, 04:22 PM
awesome place been there not long ago ,had a bit of rain made it interesting. the owners are cool to

Blacklotusdog
15th August 2013, 12:59 PM
Video of a small section of the mt gill track, def not one if the hardest bits but gives a good idea of the kind if terrain you drive through.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IE3hCYx0Gg0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DIE3hCYx0Gg0

Shalee
26th December 2023, 09:37 PM
Here's a few pictures from when we were up there before the manager changed.
Stoneys gone but I've heard it will be reopening.
Here's the track (creek bed) to Mount Gill.
Panoramic shot at the top of Mount Gill.
With Stoney as the manager you could pay to do goat control. Not sure about the new one.