PDA

View Full Version : Springs different heights

Dougy
5th February 2014, 07:01 PM
Im about to put my OME 2" lift springs and shocks in, and I noticed the springs are a little different in height, obviously the rear springs are taller than the front springs, but shouldn't both rear springs be the same height, the front springs are the same, both different heights. Are the taller springs perhaps for the passenger side? Or do I have a faulty product? They have they same part numbers on them.

Bloodyaussie
5th February 2014, 07:05 PM
There should be a tag or sticker on them telling you what side ...

Drewboyaus
5th February 2014, 07:19 PM
There should be a tag or sticker on them telling you what side ...

Indeed!
As I recall the longer ones are for the drivers side I think.....

lhurley
5th February 2014, 07:19 PM
I thought the longer ones where for the drivers side, to counter the weight of the driver and the subtank.
Well I put my longer springs on the drivers side and it's pretty flat

happygu
5th February 2014, 07:33 PM
Definitely longer springs on drivers side, to allow for the extra weight....

Mic

MEGOMONSTER
5th February 2014, 11:53 PM
Im about to put my OME 2" lift springs and shocks in, and I noticed the springs are a little different in height, obviously the rear springs are taller than the front springs, but shouldn't both rear springs be the same height, the front springs are the same, both different heights. Are the taller springs perhaps for the passenger side? Or do I have a faulty product? They have they same part numbers on them.

The longer one are the drivers side and should have a sticker telling you so.

Dougy
6th February 2014, 08:41 AM
Thanks everyone, theres an A on the taller springs and a B on the shorter ones, no other instructions. Reckon i'll put the A ones on the drivers side.