PDA

View Full Version : Quote for 2" lift.

mudnut
4th February 2014, 12:57 PM
G'day all. The Old Trol's suspension is starting to creak and groan when braking, so I had the vehicle put on a hoist and inspected. The mechanic suspects that the noise is the radius arm bushes. He also pointed out the sway bar bushes, rubbers and the shockers are on their way out.

I have recently purchased a set of 31" tyres so getting 33" any time soon isn't on the cards so I am trying to make a decision whether or not to get a 2" lift.

The shop quote for OME is Front: Spring 51-11kgs part number 2976 pair $252

nitrocharger sport shock 60013 pair $170

caster kit OMECA77B $170

Rear: Spring medium load 2GQ02C pair $252

nitrocharger sport shock 61014 pair $170

G/box packer kit GQK01 $56

Fitting $400

So, is this a reasonable price? I thought a set of $15 radius arm bushes would suffice to correct the caster. The correction kit quoted isn't Calpro either, but is yellow neoprene. Is that a problem in itself. I.E.: will it wear out everything else instead of the rubber?

I could probably fit the shocks and springs, but the radius arm would have to be done at the shop. Also, I would have to make an extension bracket for the load sensing valve, wouldn't I?

threedogs
4th February 2014, 01:02 PM
have you looked at those those FLEXI coils Big Fletch just fitted 2" flexi coils with 4" procomp shocks.
IMO just do your bushes for now while you do a bit more homework about your suspension

liftlid
4th February 2014, 01:04 PM
Talk to AB he might be removing what you need to go bigger
For a 2 " lift you might not need correction, the yellow poly wear quick

mudnut
4th February 2014, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I thought the poly would be a problem. I am sort of limited to buying locally, which I try and do anyway, but I suppose I could get on the blower and get some quotes from Mt Gambier or Warrnambool.

MEGOMONSTER
4th February 2014, 11:40 PM
The OME prices you got are good prices for ARB OR OME equipment

lhurley
4th February 2014, 11:56 PM
For a 2" lift all you need is shocks and springs. Will take a couple hours to install on the grass at home. It's really simple. If your radius arm bushes are shagged, replace them with genuine rubber. I got mine from patrolapart for an awesome price, not much over $100 I think for all 6. Just watch out for install prices, I got quoted $400 a side including bushes. It's time consuming but not a difficult job

Clunk
5th February 2014, 12:14 AM
For a 2" lift all you need is shocks and springs. Will take a couple hours to install on the grass at home. It's really simple. If your radius arm bushes are shagged, replace them with genuine rubber. I got mine from patrolapart for an awesome price, not much over $100 I think for all 6. Just watch out for install prices, I got quoted $400 a side including bushes. It's time consuming but not a difficult job

Agree, just get shocks and suspension. It's very rare that a gq requires castor correction for a 2in lift but not unheard of.

Parksy
5th February 2014, 10:15 AM
Hope this isn't a stupid question but what is a g/box packer kit?

MEGOMONSTER
5th February 2014, 11:21 AM
Hope this isn't a stupid question but what is a g/box packer kit?

GearBox Packer Kit for GQ's- Designed to space down the gearbox cross member from the chassis to reduce tail shaft flange angle there by reducing drive line vibration.

mudnut
5th February 2014, 02:44 PM
Ok, so I'll pull the radius arm off and check out if the rubbers are worn or if the crush tubes are moving and go from there. It seems strange that they want to sell me the off centre poly bushes, when I've seen metal spacer for $20 that do the same job.