PDA

View Full Version : LPG valve saver lube kit

NP99
3rd February 2014, 10:56 PM
Anyone looking at buying one, sca have them between $25 and $37 ......usually around the $70ish mark.....

lhurley
4th February 2014, 12:53 AM
ive been quoted around $150 for one installed. Thats a good price.

NP99
4th February 2014, 01:07 AM
Mate, if you buy one, I'll install it free for you. I did mine, it's very easy...

lhurley
4th February 2014, 02:06 AM
Thanks mate. They are pretty easy, I only got the quote cause I was talking to the mechanic when I dropped it off to get new gas injectors in.

NP99
4th February 2014, 08:59 AM
Yeah, at that price you can't let it go. Side note, LPG is starting to drop on this side of Brisbane @ 89.9 now.

lhurley
4th February 2014, 11:47 AM
I wish it was on my side, still all around 95c/L

CPOCSM
4th February 2014, 02:52 PM
I wish it was on my side, still all around 95c/L

I tasked Ian mcfarlaine here in toowoomba as to why the price of LPG jumped 30cpl in December last year and he replied it was because of the European winter?!? What a crock of hogs wallop. Good opportunity for the government to take a gouge out of us with a higher exise.

The setup is great but make sure you periodically check it as I emptied mine over a weekend. Internals were nice and clean though and definitely won't have an issue with vsr lol. The instructions show you the adjustment process and you can infinitely change it with the adjustment screw.

lhurley
4th February 2014, 04:40 PM
I tasked Ian mcfarlaine here in toowoomba as to why the price of LPG jumped 30cpl in December last year and he replied it was because of the European winter?!? What a crock of hogs wallop. Good opportunity for the government to take a gouge out of us with a higher exise.

The setup is great but make sure you periodically check it as I emptied mine over a weekend. Internals were nice and clean though and definitely won't have an issue with vsr lol. The instructions show you the adjustment process and you can infinitely change it with the adjustment screw.

LPG is a by product of making petrol, they hike up the price cause they can. The price of oil does go up and down, but we only ever see it on the up side. Apparently the price is on the way down. I'll believe it when I see it.

desray
1st March 2014, 11:59 PM
I wish it was on my side, still all around 95c/L 95c/l would be good some garages are charging $1.10 a litre in Perth

NP99
3rd March 2014, 02:26 AM
BP is charging 89.9 cpl and Caltex is slowly following, very slowly!

BigRAWesty
3rd March 2014, 07:17 AM
Geeze you guys are lucky. 103c/L down here..

And still above 160 for diesel..

NP99
3rd March 2014, 07:08 PM
Yeah diesel is hanging around 160 cpl here too :(

StavTB48
15th November 2014, 09:05 PM
Hi gent's any advise on whats the bast Vac line to tap into on the TB48 ? Ive tapped into one of the lines on the drivers side on the middle as directed to do so by a mechanic but wondering if the line up top just before the split would be best for an even spread ? It runs under the throttle cables and is attached to a servo type thing? Would it be safe to tap into it ?

Thanks in advance.

Agronaught
15th November 2014, 09:31 PM
I'll check where mine is tapped in the morning if nobody responds. I'm fairly sure it's on the drivers side (the tap that is).

Agronaught
16th November 2014, 04:33 PM
In my car there is a little air hose that feeds into the in take manifold that has been chit and a t piece inserted for the tube from the valve saver reservoir.

StavTB48
17th November 2014, 02:46 AM
Thanks Agronaught same line I have just cut into. Feeling a bit better now burn out valves etc was playing on my mind especially as it was just rebuilt by a dealership before I purchased it... I have the invoice they passed onto me and would be shattered if I had to cough that much $$ up for the same reason. Would rather spend it on mods :) I have giving it a good couple of good runs and don't know if its just my mind playing games but the engine sounds a little happier and smoother... again could just be me making things up :) next mission is to disconnect or disable the bloody sub tank light drives me bonkers at night... black electrical tape isn't going to cut it!!!