PDA

View Full Version : Fitting longer rear swaybar links

trekster
2nd February 2014, 05:44 PM
Hey all,

When I got my 3" lift installed the rear swaybar was removed due to the standard links being too short, I bought an extended link kit from Sydney that suits 3-8" of lift. Now what I need to know is do I need to cut the threads to make them shorter or is it like a one size fits all job?

Cheers,
Eric.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

MudRunnerTD
2nd February 2014, 05:58 PM
Can you post a pic of the ones you bought or a link to them online.

GUtsy ute
2nd February 2014, 06:13 PM
[QUOTE=trekster;475657]Hey all,

When I got my 3" lift installed the rear swaybar was removed due to the standard links being too short, I bought an extended link kit from Sydney that suits 3-8" of lift. Now what I need to know is do I need to cut the threads to make them shorter or is it like a one size fits all job?

Cheers,
Eric.

Hi Eric,

Yes, you cut them to length to suit.

Bloodyaussie
2nd February 2014, 07:31 PM
Leave the nuts on so when you cut them the nuts clean up the thread.

happygu
2nd February 2014, 08:15 PM
Trekster,

I have just bought similar links I think, and was wondering the same thing....

I have some old cheapy extended fixed length links that are starting to disintegrate, so I was going to see if they would just adjust to a similar length with no cutting....

If it drops below 40 degrees anytime soon, I will go and check

Mic

trekster
2nd February 2014, 08:24 PM
Can you post a pic of the ones you bought or a link to them online.

Hey Darren,

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/360733413182?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

got em for $84 which seemed a good price.

Cheers,
Eric.

happygu
2nd February 2014, 08:40 PM
Trekster,

Mine aren't exactly the same as they are gold zinc plated, but very similar in construction.

Make sure you fully grease the rose joints before you install them

Mic

MudRunnerTD
2nd February 2014, 10:05 PM
Hey Darren,

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/360733413182?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

got em for $84 which seemed a good price.

Cheers,
Eric.

Yeah I am going to go with cutting them too mate. I assume you want the sway bar to be flat and horizontal so set the length and then cut to suit.

trekster
2nd February 2014, 10:10 PM
Thanks fellas, I'll look into it next weekend I think, Can always reference off the in-laws if need be ;)

Cheers,
Eric.

happygu
3rd February 2014, 01:13 AM
Thanks fellas, I'll look into it next weekend I think, Can always reference off the in-laws if need be ;)

Cheers,
Eric.

Just installed mine, and had to cut a bit off to suit.

I left as much thread as possible at the ends, to make them as strong as they can be, and it was all too easy...

Mic