PDA

View Full Version : Buckland River

Bob
31st January 2011, 08:52 AM
Finally got away for the Weekend. Stayed at A caravan Park at Porpunkah and went investigating the Buckland Valley to find where I could take the Camper Van. Found some great spots and attached are some Pics

Sir Roofy
31st January 2011, 08:59 AM
Nice spot the buckland vally how was the fishing

cheers roofy

Bob
31st January 2011, 09:05 AM
Nice spot the buckland vally how was the fishing

cheers roofy

One of the Pics shows my Dog with a Blackfish which I released. Only fished in the top of the Buckland whilst having Lunch. Pics of me on Chair was the Ovens River and set up to some serious Fishing when some Woman with a tribe of Kids came along and just jumped in next to my Rods and when I said I was fishing she said so what this is where the Kids come swimming. Rude Bitch

AB
31st January 2011, 09:29 AM
Nice little spot Bob, You should have fowl hooked the rude bitch Bob...lol

Sir Roofy
31st January 2011, 10:53 AM
People just dont care any more think they own the world till something happens then there the first wanting help
that black fish would be about the same size as the trout i caught a while ago
how you been finding the fishing thisyear
seems slow and a lot of small fry down my way,must still be tomuch water about

Bob
31st January 2011, 11:07 AM
People just dont care any more think they own the world till something happens then there the first wanting help
that black fish would be about the same size as the trout i caught a while ago
how you been finding the fishing thisyear
seems slow and a lot of small fry down my way,must still be tomuch water about

The Black Fish was not a bad size for Blackfish.
This is my first trip of any consequence since the July Long Weekend last year other than a local trip to Lake Eppalock so i cannot comment on what the fishing has been like lately. THIS HAS TO CHANGE as I love my Fishing.
Whilst I still work I am finding more spots that I can go Camping and still be in touch over the Internet to support my Customers.

Sir Roofy
31st January 2011, 11:26 AM
Well mate if you come over this way in feb theres no internet at the aberfeldy bridge camp just pure relaxing and a fish

patch697
31st January 2011, 12:26 PM
The fishing was back with a vengeance before the floods hit & I expect it will come back soon just as good.

If you feel up to a trip my way Bob, I give you the heads up when it is & mate your welcome at my fire anytime.

Top pics BTW, I wouldn't mind heading out there with you myself one day.

Bob
31st January 2011, 12:35 PM
The fishing was back with a vengeance before the floods hit & I expect it will come back soon just as good.

If you feel up to a trip my way Bob, I give you the heads up when it is & mate your welcome at my fire anytime.

Top pics BTW, I wouldn't mind heading out there with you myself one day.

Would be in that. I thought that I would be having a reasonably quite time now but have a new Computer System to install within the the next two weeks. Just arrived from the States
and I will be in contact as soon as its is installed and bedded down

nowoolies
31st January 2011, 12:35 PM
great looking site guys , did you catch enough for a feed????
got any more pics or the trip ????
nowoolies
p:s jealous .....not hhahaha

patch697
31st January 2011, 12:39 PM
PM sent Bob.

Bob
31st January 2011, 12:42 PM
Well mate if you come over this way in feb theres no internet at the aberfeldy bridge camp just pure relaxing and a fish

You forgot something Roofy. It is usually in your Hand or beside your Chair

Sir Roofy
31st January 2011, 12:44 PM
Yep your right mate a can of coke lol

BillsGU
31st January 2011, 05:48 PM
The Buckland is a great place to camp - but it is shoulder to shoulder over Easter - and getting worse !!!

Bob
31st January 2011, 06:57 PM
The Buckland is a great place to camp - but it is shoulder to shoulder over Easter - and getting worse !!!

Hi Bill

I can see what you mean . It is like that most areas today. I was looking for places that I can take my Camper Van during non Holidays.
You are lucky that you are so close to this fantastic area.

BillsGU
31st January 2011, 11:01 PM
You are right there BOB. We go there a lot and there are MANY good 4WD tracks within a short drive. Problem is - a lot of the areas along the Murray are being closed and campers are looking elsewhere - especially at Easter.

Darknight
3rd February 2011, 09:54 PM
Nice spot ....

simmo_88
5th February 2011, 05:04 PM
looks like a nice relaxing spot mate

BillsGU
6th February 2011, 11:05 PM
If anyone is into Geocaching - there is a great cache in a gold mine at the 12 Mile in the Buckland. Its called "12 Miles of Gold" and is really worth a look.