PDA

View Full Version : Imported budget Rear bars now on Ebay

AB
1st February 2014, 10:05 AM
Looks like someone is importing GQ budget rear bars on Ebay now...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-GQ-PATROL-MAVERICK-REAR-STEEL-BAR-WHEEL-CARRIER-JERRY-CAN-HOLDER-/131104243791?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e866c004f

BigRAWesty
1st February 2014, 12:12 PM
Fark... But it's a one size fits all..
You drill your own holes.. So the finish is in your hands..

But Geeze..
My sliders are going to be $200 in material alone!!!
I wouldn't expect quality to be brilliant with bars like this..
But any guinea pigs??

Bloodyaussie
1st February 2014, 12:30 PM
Been on ebay for some time now...... the smart money says dont do it.

For people like you Andy you will kill it the first time you do a decent rock climb.

AB
1st February 2014, 12:41 PM
Been on ebay for some time now...... the smart money says dont do it.

For people like you Andy you will kill it the first time you do a decent rock climb.

Nah not even contemplating it just never seen them on Ebay before that's all.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

the ferret
1st February 2014, 12:54 PM
The first thing you would get is a yellow sticker, blocks out view of L/H lights, (fit your own lights lol) plus the side skirts don't follow the contour of the rear quarter panel.
Waste of money IMO.
Cheers, the ferret.

Bloodyaussie
1st February 2014, 12:57 PM
The first thing you would get is a yellow sticker, blocks out view of L/H lights, (fit your own lights lol) plus the side skirts don't follow the contour of the rear quarter panel.
Waste of money IMO.
Cheers, the ferret.

Yeah and you would never be even close to 100% happy with the overall look... the first time you pull up alongside some one with a decent bar you would get penis envy!!!!!

BigRAWesty
1st February 2014, 01:03 PM
Waste of money IMO.
Cheers, the ferret.

Looks a GU or 1\4 chopped gq..

Maxhead
1st February 2014, 03:02 PM
Wonder how much the tyre would hang out with just a standard 31...let alone a 35 or so...ferking junk!!

How would it handle that track at the Brindies where every one hit with their bars...LOL