PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to load a very basic form of the forum?

mudnut
26th January 2014, 02:57 PM
I have only 8GB of data a month then get slowed usage. Because I have teenagers at home, on holidays, we are almost out and there is nearly ten days to go before renewal. Is there any way to change to a very basic form of the forum, so I don't have to wait 20 minutes for one page to load?

MudRunnerTD
26th January 2014, 05:37 PM
Can you log on from your mobile??

How much does an 8g plan cost ?? Seems very very low in today's world! 8gig is nothing! I have seen my house use 15gig in a day without trying??

mudnut
26th January 2014, 05:50 PM
What mobile? I hate the bloody things except for when I travel; then mudnutette or Mrs mudsane have theirs. I had one for a few years and got sick of the bloody thing: no signal no credit, low battery and idiots from telstra or telemarketters ringing all the time. Out here in the sticks buying data is just expensive. The 8GB is about $60 per month on top of the phone bill. Usually it is adequate, if I don't watch 'boob' tube, but in the holidays it is a bit light on.

MudRunnerTD
26th January 2014, 05:52 PM
What mobile? I hate the bloody things except for when I travel; then mudnutette or Mrs mudsane have theirs. I had one for a few years and got sick of the bloody thing: no signal no credit, low battery and idiots from telstra or telemarketters ringing all the time. Out here in the sticks buying data is just expensive. The 8GB is about $60 per month on top of the phone bill. Usually it is adequate, if I don't watch 'boob' tube, but in the holidays it is a bit light on.

That is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!! $60 for 8gig!! That sir is a disgrace!! And a Ripoff!

d.n.blewitt
26th January 2014, 05:53 PM

Scroll to the bottom of the forum page and change to mobile as per attached screen shots. 8 gig is really small though. I have 17 just for my mobile.

Clunk
26th January 2014, 05:55 PM
Sounds like a wireless package to me............ Is it?

NissanGQ4.2
26th January 2014, 05:58 PM
8GB, what rock have you been living under!!!!!

Not that I know off but you can turn you image loading off in your browser which will make it load quicker.

60 bucks what a rip.....is that wireless...............don't you have a home phone line?

mudnut
26th January 2014, 05:59 PM
Mrs mudsane revised the figure to $50 a month, after looking at a payed bill. Still it's bloody dear. It is wireless because they wont upgrade the lines out this way.

NissanGQ4.2
26th January 2014, 06:01 PM
Scroll to the bottom of the forum page and change to mobile as per attached screen shots. 8 gig is really small though. I have 17 just for my mobile.

Don't think that would change the amount of data been transferred as it still loads all image in the main threads

NissanGQ4.2
26th January 2014, 06:03 PM
Mrs mudsane revised the figure to $50 a month, after looking at a payed bill. Still it's bloody dear. It is wireless because the wont upgrade the lines out this way.

So you can't get adsl 1 on your lines????

mudnut
26th January 2014, 06:10 PM
I didn't do the research, but a neighbour had a satellite dish installed. When we got the service put on our tech-head mate showed Mrs mudsane how to research what was available. Telstra was the only provider 18 months ago when we got the internet.

NissanGQ4.2
26th January 2014, 06:16 PM
PM me your land line number and what suburb and I can have a quick look into it if you want me 2.

mudnut
26th January 2014, 06:40 PM
Pm sent, thanks.

mudnut
27th January 2014, 11:22 AM
Ok, blokes I spent a couple of hours researching availability. No adsl1 or adsl2 available. Just sat dish and wireless available. Or a $15 per 1Gb usb. So I'll just crawl back under my rock and not watch Zube Tube.

mudski
28th January 2014, 04:43 PM
Jeepers! 8gb a month! I just downloaded two movies today at 8.5 and 9Gb each. One good thing about living in the burbs.

mudnut
28th January 2014, 04:52 PM
Jeepers! 8gb a month! I just downloaded two movies today at 8.5 and 9Gb each. One good thing about living in the burbs.

Along with traffic jams, gangs, smog, and I hour just to go to the local shop and back, if your vehicle hasn't been vandalised, run into or stolen or towed. Also standing wedged like a sardine in the mets train, sniffing someones smelly armpit as the announcement that the train has broken down and buses are available comes on.:)

NissanGQ4.2
28th January 2014, 06:20 PM
Ok, blokes I spent a couple of hours researching availability. No adsl1 or adsl2 available. Just sat dish and wireless available. Or a $15 per 1Gb usb. So I'll just crawl back under my rock and not watch Zube Tube.

Sorry I couldn't do much at this end for you, and Satellite is probable just as expensive as wireless so not much point going Satellite either :(

mudnut
28th January 2014, 07:26 PM
No worries, mate. I had an inkling that not much had changed down this way. On the NBN roll out map I saw early last year, there was, for our area, a big slice that wasn't even meant to be touched.

mudski
29th January 2014, 01:03 PM
Along with traffic jams, gangs, smog, and I hour just to go to the local shop and back, if your vehicle hasn't been vandalised, run into or stolen or towed. Also standing wedged like a sardine in the mets train, sniffing someones smelly armpit as the announcement that the train has broken down and buses are available comes on.:)
Lol. Where do you think I live? The Bronx?

mudnut
29th January 2014, 05:44 PM
I had 11 years living in the burbs and working in the city, I was glad to leave it all behind and head bush. This thread was originally only about making the best of the limited data I have.

mudski
29th January 2014, 06:47 PM
Have you had a look on broadbandchoice.com.au? Good website where most ISP's go to play. Very informative forum there too full on knowledgable people.

mudnut
29th January 2014, 07:13 PM
Ha ha. It won't load for me now. I'll have to wait until I get some more data.