PDA

View Full Version : TD's issues viewing the January photo comp thread

threedogs
23rd January 2014, 12:58 PM
One for the MODS why does this go to the first page regardless which page I press

threedogs
24th January 2014, 11:11 AM
Still cant shuffle through the pages always goes back to the start GGGGRRRRrrrrr

threedogs
25th January 2014, 12:32 PM
Is anyone trying to fix this I can only get page one all the time unless I write a post

Clunk
25th January 2014, 12:44 PM
Is anyone trying to fix this I can only get page one all the time unless I write a post

I've Bennett able to look at all pages........bit of an odd fault hey. What about other threads?

MEGOMONSTER
25th January 2014, 02:08 PM
One for the MODS why does this go to the first page regardless which page I press

Are you having trouble on the phone or the laptop or on Motorculture.

NissanGQ4.2
25th January 2014, 02:08 PM

I doubt it, I never knew there was an issue until 2day when I viewed the thread.

I have now moved your issues into its own thread in the help section. If you have issues with something can you please post them in a new thread in the help section please as it may get missed if in another thread / section.

I have no issues going between pages in that thread using the PC ( using firefox ) or on android tablet using MC.

What are you using, is it only the photo comp thread you are having issues with?

From my understanding once you post in that thread you see the rest of the pages............is this correct????

Anyone else experiencing this issue???

MudRunnerTD
25th January 2014, 02:10 PM
Sorry TD, so it's only the Ian photo comp thread you are having trouble with?

What happened when you choose the next arrow? Or the page numbers?

Not sure I can help you mate, sounds like an AB kinda problem and he is in the Brindies for the weekend lucky bastad!!!

threedogs
25th January 2014, 03:35 PM
Only way I can see page 6 for eg is to post a comment.
if I push back button or say page 4 it goes back to the start every time.
I'm on a laptop

NissanGQ4.2
25th January 2014, 04:08 PM
Sorry John I can't replicate this error can you log out of the forum and back in again and see if that fixes it

Cheers

Toddie

the ferret
25th January 2014, 04:14 PM
Ya must have a blocked wire TD, works fine here.
Cheers, the ferret.

threedogs
25th January 2014, 04:26 PM
logged off completely and logged on again still the same only that thread
We'll see what happens next comp,
No matter what page I nominate it returns to the first unless I post and then I can only view last page

NissanGQ4.2
25th January 2014, 05:04 PM
Not that it will really solve your problems but go to "Forum Actions" in the grey quick bar then go "General Settings" Scroll down until you find "Number of Posts to Show Per Page:" and change it to "Show 40 post per page", scroll down to bottom of page and select "Save" your 7 odd pages will turn to 2 pages :)

threedogs
25th January 2014, 05:26 PM
same now with 40 posts per page.
Still cant select page

NissanGQ4.2
25th January 2014, 06:02 PM
The only other thing I can think of is to log out of the forum and in your browser delete all history and cookies ( will be in the browsers settings somewhere )

mudnut
26th January 2014, 12:35 AM
Yeah, bloke. I am having a problem with only that thread as well. I'm using windows. I can only move pages by using the jump to page box.

MudRunnerTD
26th January 2014, 01:35 AM
Not that it will really solve your problems but go to "Forum Actions" in the grey quick bar then go "General Settings" Scroll down until you find "Number of Posts to Show Per Page:" and change it to "Show 40 post per page", scroll down to bottom of page and select "Save" your 7 odd pages will turn to 2 pages :)

is that new Todd or have we always been able to do that mate?? I only have 10 per page, used to it now but used to drive me nuts

mudnut
26th January 2014, 01:56 AM
As per TD's posts. Logged out and got 40 posts per page and still have the problem, only with that thread. Weird or what?

NissanGQ4.2
26th January 2014, 07:21 AM
is that new Todd or have we always been able to do that mate?? I only have 10 per page, used to it now but used to drive me nuts

Always been there Darren, I set it to 40posts per page the same week I became a member so much easier 2 view a thread

NissanGQ4.2
26th January 2014, 07:25 AM
TD and mudnut can I get both of you to log out and clear your browsers history and cookies. And let me know if that works or not.

Also let me know what browser you are using.

If you have another browser on your operating system, try that as well

Cheers

Todd

threedogs
26th January 2014, 09:33 AM
Dumb question time whats a browser.
What am I deleting when I delete
whats a cookie?? this is all new to me

NissanGQ4.2
26th January 2014, 09:57 AM
Dumb question time whats a browser.
What am I deleting when I delete
whats a cookie?? this is all new to me

Browser is what you use to view the internet. Most common ones are Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox.

Read this on cookies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browser_cookie

megatexture
26th January 2014, 10:06 AM
If your using internet explorer, Firefox .. close it then clear history

threedogs
26th January 2014, 12:15 PM
I've cleared history from internet explorer, still the same I'll wait till next comp

NissanGQ4.2
26th January 2014, 12:40 PM
On further testing and now that TD has told me what browser he is using this seems to be an Internet Explorer issue and only in that thread.

This will have 2 wait for Andy 2 sort out

Mudnut, what browser are you using???

the ferret
26th January 2014, 12:52 PM
I'm using Internet Explorer and no problem.
Cheers, the ferret.

mudnut
26th January 2014, 02:03 PM
Explorer as well. I will try as you said.

NissanGQ4.2
26th January 2014, 02:14 PM
I'm using Internet Explorer and no problem.
Cheers, the ferret.

go away Rod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *L*

Still think its only IE related even if it works on some and not others, pretty sure all the other drama's Andy had when we upgraded were IE only issues

mudnut
26th January 2014, 02:14 PM
Ok, have installed chrome and issue is resolved:)

NissanGQ4.2
26th January 2014, 02:16 PM
Ok, have installed chrome and issue is resolved:)

Thanks, must be an IE thing. Will get AB to look at it when he gets back

Cheers

Toddie

the ferret
26th January 2014, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=NissanGQ4.2;473099]go away Rod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *L*

Ha ha, ya have ta pay me ta go away Todd
Cheers, the ferret

threedogs
26th January 2014, 02:47 PM
Yeah same all good on chrome,
always wondered what that icon meant lol
Go figure

AB
28th January 2014, 09:44 AM
Hi blokes, I might not be able to properly look at this until tomorrow. I have ran out of water and today is going to be a nightmare.

What internet browser style are you both using?

Click on the question mark top right of screen (right next to tools) and press about internet explorer.

It should say a number 8,9 or 10, etc.

threedogs
28th January 2014, 09:51 AM
We both have internet explorer, no rush
Mudski is having issues with his Avatar as well

AB
28th January 2014, 10:00 AM
We both have internet explorer, no rush
Mudski is having issues with his Avatar as well

Thanks mate, I'm just trying to work out which version number it is before I do research on it.

It has always worked fine for me using number 10 but just want to see what version you blokes are running first.

NissanGQ4.2
28th January 2014, 04:18 PM
Thanks mate, I'm just trying to work out which version number it is before I do research on it.

It has always worked fine for me using number 10 but just want to see what version you blokes are running first.

Has this issue been fixed now AB??? Pretty sure I tested it in IE10 when I was trying to replicate the error and had the same issues as John and mudnut but it is working for me now

growler2058
28th January 2014, 04:38 PM

I changed mine a year ago for 40 posts per pg

TPC
28th January 2014, 04:53 PM
I have the same problem when using IE10 but works for Firefox and Chrome.

NissanGQ4.2
28th January 2014, 05:18 PM
Has this issue been fixed now AB??? Pretty sure I tested it in IE10 when I was trying to replicate the error and had the same issues as John and mudnut but it is working for me now

Disregard, not working again. Same version as TPC

AB
28th January 2014, 05:49 PM
Ok so ie 10 is the issue as ie 8 is ok.

I heard they had a lot of issues with 10.

Leave it with me gents, another one on the list to check out this week..lol

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

AB
29th January 2014, 12:11 PM
Ok, bit of a nightmare...

Can one of you please confirm if this is now working ok?

Bob
29th January 2014, 12:14 PM
Still not working for me but only on Cuppa's Photo Thread

IE10

Works OK on all other Threads

threedogs
29th January 2014, 12:36 PM
@ Bob have you tried another server than internet explorer,
WOW hows that TD giving IT advice lol
worked for me using Chrome

TPC
29th January 2014, 12:39 PM
It does the same thing on the Oct, Nov & Dec photo comp threads as well but the Sep thread works ok.
The only difference I can see is the ones that don't work have the set of rules at the start of the thread and the Sep one does not.

NissanGQ4.2
29th January 2014, 06:16 PM
Ok, bit of a nightmare...

Can one of you please confirm if this is now working ok?

As Bob said still not working in IE10

AB
29th January 2014, 06:39 PM
Bugger thought that was it...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

NissanGQ4.2
29th January 2014, 07:15 PM
Nope, back to debugging the forum for you!!!