PDA

View Full Version : Any feedback about TJM Winches???

markymark
18th January 2014, 04:42 PM
Hi
Im looking at buying a winch for my GU Patrol and was interested in the TJM Winch with synthetic rope.

Has anyone got any feedback ????

threedogs
18th January 2014, 05:00 PM
Well known name, Proven track record

maverick01
19th January 2014, 08:02 AM
I bought a TJM OX electric winch many years ago and it never let me down.

I used to strip it down every 12months months and I remember the first time I stripped it down, I found out back then that its just a rebadged T-MAX.

Now im not sure if there still rebadging T-MAX winches. But make sure you find out for sure because the difference between a T-MAX and TJM winch is about $700.

The only reason I sold the winch is because the new vehicle I bought came with a warn. Although I will say my warn is a lot noisier under load than the T-MAX ever used to be.

threedogs
19th January 2014, 08:09 AM
I'll see what I can find out about the winches,

pickers
23rd February 2014, 07:52 PM
I have the 9500 tjm winch and so far has been a great winch will be servicing it soon as the handle is getting tight to move.
The patrol has been under water a lot and it has handled it so far with no electrical faults .
Have used it a fair bit at walhalla deep creek track and today at Ellis track , wesburn which was fun

Bloodyaussie
24th February 2014, 09:39 PM
I have the 9500 tjm winch and so far has been a great winch will be servicing it soon as the handle is getting tight to move.
The patrol has been under water a lot and it has handled it so far with no electrical faults .
Have used it a fair bit at walhalla deep creek track and today at Ellis track , wesburn which was fun

Have you had it apart to see how it is holding up with water getting in??

I have heard good things about the TJM winch but have never seen one in action.

pickers
25th February 2014, 06:54 PM
Pulled it apart yesterday there looks to have be some water inside gear side only ,
Motor side looks all good repacking grease and will put back together on weekend .
Still very happy with winch considering I got water through out interior and had to rip seats and carpet out of patrol

Maxhead
25th February 2014, 07:05 PM
I've had mine for 2 years. Not used it a lot but the times I have it worked and got me out of trouble every time. Pulled a tractor out the river as well...LOL
Only thing I found was the synthetic rope came off the spool