PDA

View Full Version : couple of 4inch lift question..

richo_GQ
17th January 2014, 07:58 PM
Hey all.

Im looking at purchasing this 4-5 inch kit for my GQ wagon-
4-5" AmadaXtreme lift kit Super flex Radius Arms
Product #7688
from superior engineering i just have a few questions to clear up. 1- after a bit of research iv decided on this kit so any advice or input is great :) 2 why is it that the kit doesn't require rear lower control arms and also larger or disconnectable sway bars?? 3 do i not need longer bump stops to fit this kit? and lastly im looking at installing the kit my self have done other 2 inch kits but not the full 4 - will i survive haha cheers

MudRunnerTD
17th January 2014, 08:14 PM
Hi mate,

First off head over to the Introduction Section and start an intro thread, say g'day when you enter the room mate ;)

You should consider adjustable upper rear control arms to adjust the pinion angle once your done and if you have the cash HD standard length lower arms as they can be very exposed once you start using a decent 4" lift.

You will almost certainly need to extend your front and rear bump stops and you should be talking directly with the guys at Superiors about that mate. Thy should be able to guide you but you will still need to take some measurements and make some adjustments to your set up when your fitting it.

Extended sway bar links will be required.

You will almost certainly need adjustable panards front and rear.

I would recommend Drop Boxes for your caster correction.

Head over to the intro section mate and say g'day please.

Cheers MR

MudRunnerTD
17th January 2014, 08:18 PM
My GQ with 5" superiors setup with Amadas. Drop boxes no super flex there.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

89gqpatrol4x4
17th January 2014, 08:22 PM
If you have done a 2 inch lift you can do a 4inch lift. I just did a 3 and never done one before and survived! Just a case of remove and refit. Had a bit of trouble with trying to get the nut on the lower of the front shock if using armadas but apart from that easy.

richo_GQ
17th January 2014, 08:32 PM
no worries buddy got a bit exited to ask all the questions - but im now introduced :)

cheers for the replies

so Mr mudrunner ur rig looks sweet by the way!! yeh i tryed to call superior but they are always closed after work hence perth time..

yeah i thought i needed a few more parts than the kit includes? what other parts will i be looking at that the kit doesn't include?
also are u saying i should just go drop boxes instead of flex arms? am i right in saying that the flex arms mean u dnt need drop boxes ? cheers

And 89 gq cheers for the confidence haha so u went with the armandas hey ? pretty sure iv decided i like them better than the tuff dawgs cheers

MudRunnerTD
17th January 2014, 08:42 PM
Have you got a link to the kit your looking at mate? Post it up and I will have a look at it.

I have drop boxes on both cars and rate them highly. Yep drop boxes OR Superflex. The Arms are nice but it coin. If you have the coin go for it mate.

The Tough Dog are notin the same Paddock as the Amadas mate. Different Planet in fact.

richo_GQ
17th January 2014, 09:05 PM
yeah cheers buddy

http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=31_32_33_179&products_id=7688

megatexture
17th January 2014, 09:24 PM
I dont have these but id be getting these ones and do away with the mushroom bushes and it has the drop box already
http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=31_32_33_178&products_id=20309

growler2058
17th January 2014, 09:42 PM
Hi mate,

First off head over to the Introduction Section and start an intro thread, say g'day when you enter the room mate ;)

You should consider adjustable upper rear control arms to adjust the pinion angle once your done and if you have the cash HD standard length lower arms as they can be very exposed once you start using a decent 4" lift.

You will almost certainly need to extend your front and rear bump stops and you should be talking directly with the guys at Superiors about that mate. Thy should be able to guide you but you will still need to take some measurements and make some adjustments to your set up when your fitting it.

Extended sway bar links will be required.

You will almost certainly need adjustable panards front and rear.

I would recommend Drop Boxes for your caster correction.

Head over to the intro section mate and say g'day please.

Cheers MR

X2 With MudRunner mate. Extended arms or drop boxes

richo_GQ
17th January 2014, 09:58 PM
yeah cheers bois - so if im getting this right, im buying the super flex arms so i shouldnt need drop boxes?

also iv done a fair bit of research and decided on this kit from superiour but wld like to hear other peoples choices cheers!

MudRunnerTD
17th January 2014, 10:08 PM
yeah cheers buddy

http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=31_32_33_179&products_id=7688

That's pretty well the kit I have on the GQ but with Drop Boxes i lieu of Superflex arms.

Yes Superflex arms OR drop boxes..

MudRunnerTD
17th January 2014, 10:10 PM
I dont have these but id be getting these ones and do away with the mushroom bushes and it has the drop box already
http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=31_32_33_178&products_id=20309

Pretty sure Beneboy run the Hybrid arms. If I was going to spend the money on the Superflex it would be the Hybrid arms for sure.

growler2058
17th January 2014, 10:10 PM
Yup no drop boxes if you get ext or superflex arms. This is what i got
http://www.bigo4x4.com.au/default.asp?page=suspension

Dobinson, Rockhopper & BIG O 4X4 4-6" Full Lift kit - To suit GQ & GU Series 1 Patrols

Dobinson 4-6" Coil springs front and rear
Dobinson HD Gas Shock Absorbers
Dobinson HD Big Bore Steering damper
Extended Brakeline Kit
Big O 4X4 Dropped Radius Arms with genuine Nissan Slotted Bushes
Rockhopper Adjustable Panhard Rods with genuine Nissan Bushes
Big O 4X4 XHD Rear lower Trailing arms & Rockhopper Adjustable Draglink
Brake Prortioning Valve bracket

$3080

richo_GQ
17th January 2014, 10:27 PM
yeah sweet growler thats a good looking kit good price!! the kit im looking at is about $1500 more hope the amanda extremes are worth it :)

89gqpatrol4x4
18th January 2014, 11:40 AM
Also mate why do you want to go a 4-5 inch lift? Iwas looking at this exact same kit but was struggling with the price. After talking to others I decided to go with a three inch lift and am more than happy. Cost a hell of a lot less. A four inch lift and 35's is a huge car and the police are doing a bit of a crack down on such things. I run old (time for new ones) 31 inch tyres on the road and have a set of 35's centipedes for fun. Food for thought.

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2014, 11:44 AM
Also mate why do you want to go a 4-5 inch lift? Iwas looking at this exact same kit but was struggling with the price. After talking to others I decided to go with a three inch lift and am more than happy. Cost a hell of a lot less. A four inch lift and 35's is a huge car and the police are doing a bit of a crack down on such things. I run old (time for new ones) 31 inch tyres on the road and have a set of 35's centipedes for fun. Food for thought.

Yes that is a decent question. My GQ does not leave my yard unless I am going to use it. Most of the time I prefer to use it in the dark and I avoid the road as much as possible to avoid scrutiny. A decent 3" lift with drop boxes and Amadas will perform amazingly.

richo_GQ
18th January 2014, 11:53 AM
good food for thought buddy - i run 2 inch tuff dog atm and 12.5 inch by 33 MTZ and i get alot of scraping?? and not as much flex as i wld like u really think just going to the three is worth it? i see so many ppl running the six inch kit, thought that was a bit much... is alot of money isnt it was hoping it wld transform the gq hahah

Clunk
18th January 2014, 12:40 PM
good food for thought buddy - i run 2 inch tuff dog atm and 12.5 inch by 33 MTZ and i get alot of scraping?? and not as much flex as i wld like u really think just going to the three is worth it? i see so many ppl running the six inch kit, thought that was a bit much... is alot of money isnt it was hoping it wld transform the gq hahah

where do you get your scraping?

richo_GQ
18th January 2014, 01:12 PM
all around where the mud guards meet the body - front an back.. but really im just not happy with the flex and drop.

i thought i had my mind set on that kit but im not sure again now :/

iv been looking at the fox and kings shocks also haha to make the decision even harder.

89gqpatrol4x4
18th January 2014, 01:28 PM
With the 35's and a three inch I haven't been hung up yet. Save the money on the lift and get a front locka. I used to get people ask me what is done to my car before the lift and I'd say its totally stock with highway tyres and twin locked and they couldn't believe the places I'd get. Small lift, big tyres and a locka or two and you'll love it.

Ben-e-boy
18th January 2014, 02:20 PM
all around where the mud guards meet the body - front an back.. but really im just not happy with the flex and drop.

i thought i had my mind set on that kit but im not sure again now :/

iv been looking at the fox and kings shocks also haha to make the decision even harder.

I have kings, and cant really recommend anything else that isnt in that high end range

Ben-e-boy
18th January 2014, 02:28 PM
3 to 4 inch lift is plenty you can add longer shocks with a bit of bump stop mods and you can make it higher with bigger tyres.

You ca buy a standard height superflex arm and use the original radius arm onnthe other side with drop boxes

richo_GQ
18th January 2014, 05:43 PM
yeah sweet guys all good info - and where other than superior engineering should i be looking?? cheers

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2014, 05:47 PM
yeah sweet guys all good info - and where other than superior engineering should i be looking?? cheers

Ummm......... Superior Engineering. ;)