PDA

View Full Version : electronic chips

nowoolies
28th January 2011, 11:48 PM
g`day
anyone good with chips i have looked and all i seen to do is get very confused
i would like to put one in my new patrol 3 ltr the attempt is to get better fuel economy ,
at the moment the best we can get from both tanks is around 650-750 klms which is very poor i think ,for 130 ltr
not bad when Nissan say the vehicle is supposed to get 10.7 per 100, all i get is half that.
my questions are ,type, model ,and the best to run on this bus of mine, power seems ok.
the vehicle has 15,000 klms on it so far
thanks nowoolies

AB
31st January 2011, 07:51 PM
Might move your post here mate as your not getting many bites.

the evil twin
31st January 2011, 08:09 PM
Firstly a Chip will potentially blow your Warranty enginewise so up to you on that one.

Next, your fuel consumption will improve as the engine runs in and the ECU does it's thing but get some accurate figures as a starter.

It isn't Nissan that says the vehicle will "get" 10.7 LPH that is the ADR "vehicle comparison" consumption figure, depending on how you drive and man or Auto plus whatever accessories/tyres/roof rack expect an overall average of between 12.5 to 14 ish real world... I'll admit that your current numbers are terrible tho.

If I was to "happen" to fit a chip I would go for the DP style that can be removed prior to any conatct with the Dealer Mechanics

Finally, if you want the engine to work nicely with a Chip then a 2.75 or 3 inch exhaust is also a good move.

nowoolies
1st February 2011, 02:25 AM
G`day Evil twin
thanks for the info on the chip, i have been looking for ages and i came up with the D P chip and the Steinbauer chip , i like the idea of removing them before going to the workshop , (i must be dumb, never thought of removing it) hahahahahaours is a 3.0 ltr auto with a tracklander rack still got the same tyres at this point , 3" exhaust is next, then the chip.
cheers agin mate
nowoolies
Paul

nowoolies
1st February 2011, 02:27 AM
thanks mate
wondered why it was quite
nowoolies
Paul

the evil twin
1st February 2011, 10:35 AM
G`day Evil twin
thanks for the info on the chip, i have been looking for ages and i came up with the D P chip and the Steinbauer chip , i like the idea of removing them before going to the workshop , (i must be dumb, never thought of removing it) hahahahahaours is a 3.0 ltr auto with a tracklander rack still got the same tyres at this point , 3" exhaust is next, then the chip.
cheers agin mate
nowoolies
Paul

Steinbauer is probably the better chip but not by much however the DP only takes a few minutes to remove and replace... if a person had one fitted that is....

The roof rack will be costing you about 1 LPH in fuel consumption depending on average speed as drag is exponential not linear (I have the same rack actually and quite like it) and will be interesting to see an accurate figure on your actual consumption... you know the story, top up the tank, drive for say 500K's or so and top up trying to use the same pump...

nowoolies
1st February 2011, 11:18 AM
due for a refill today
ill work it out again and post the results
will be nice if the main problem was the leaky turbo????
Paul

szaf
13th February 2011, 10:18 PM
Hi Just got my 3 ltr turbo wagon about a week ago driven from Qld and around town and from the main tank only aux tank was empty I got about 700 klms it has done 20000 klms - I assume consumption will get better as the motor is broken in? any other thoughts Paul

nowoolies
13th February 2011, 11:12 PM
g`day szaf
i hope the mileage gets a heap better im up to 18,500klm now and still am only getting 5.45 kpl on a average, on road ,or off road ,it dont make any differance to the fuel useage
nowoolies
Paul

my third 256
14th February 2011, 02:34 AM
i use a nolimit chip plug and play cost $140.00 on ebay im prety sure ab has one also takes 2 mins to install and vice versa
just had a service and took it off now back on
stephen ps have a look at post cheep diesel chip on ebay

Bigrig
14th February 2011, 11:28 AM
Does anyone know if there is one out there for the petrol engine? Interested in it, but steinbauer definitely don't do one (rang them) and it seems to be a diesel thing.

the evil twin
14th February 2011, 11:37 AM
Everything I have ever seen for the Petty's (Skylines, Soarers, Mitsi's etc) involves either remapping the ECU witha Lappy or putting on a Piggyback ECU.

Dunno about 'Trols... but those psycho desert racers would def be doing something... ROFL

Try googling using the "Patrol ECU remapping" or similar

Bigrig
14th February 2011, 11:43 AM
Everything I have ever seen for the Petty's (Skylines, Soarers, Mitsi's etc) involves either remapping the ECU witha Lappy or putting on a Piggyback ECU.

Dunno about 'Trols... but those psycho desert racers would def be doing something... ROFL

Try googling using the "Patrol ECU remapping" or similar

Thanks mate - will do.

GU4u
16th February 2011, 09:25 PM
What do these chips look like?
how can you tell if you have a standard chip or a mod chip?

nowoolies
16th February 2011, 09:39 PM
have a look at D P CHIPS or Stienbaur chips i think thats how it is spelt , they are all after market i believe