PDA

View Full Version : Inner Oil Seal

Squilly
29th January 2011, 12:00 AM
Greetings all!
I have attempted to change my inner oil seal, but was posed a very difficult problem of removing the old one and installing a new one. I didn't do it properly the first time, and the diff oil is still leaking. I have a new kit, but would like some advice on how to correctly remove and install. My Gregory's service manual says to use a slide hammer (which I cannot find for the life of me) to remove it and a drift (also can't find) to get it in. Any suggestions?

YNOT
29th January 2011, 01:03 AM
Welcome to the forum Squilly, it's always nice to post an introduction before asking questions.

I have a pair of diffs in the shed that I put new seals etc in last week end. I used a hooked seal puller (Bluepoint or Snap on, I can't remember) to get the old seals out and part of rear control arm bush pressing tool to install. Not many people have press tools but you can also use a socket the right size with an extension bar. I'll put some photos up tomorrow.

Tony

patch697
29th January 2011, 01:31 AM
Welcome mate & as Tony said, please visit our Introductions section found at the link below.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions

We are a bit of a stickler for ceremony here so would you mind taking 5mins to introduce yourself to the other members.

Thanks in advance

Paul