PDA

View Full Version : Dick Cepek FC-II

Stretch
14th January 2014, 05:09 PM
Just purchased my new tyres being the Dick Cepek FC-II from the local Bob jane.
First impression are really good.
Very impressed.
Quiet and smooth.
Mind you I am coming off Cooper STT after 4 yrs and over 100k kms.
Once I take it for a good run out in the bush somewhere, I come back here for further feedback.

MEGOMONSTER
14th January 2014, 05:15 PM
Does that mean you'll come to Wombat state forest with me, and we'll really give em a good test out.

DSzuke
14th January 2014, 09:24 PM
I've pretty much decided on a set of these myself so have a couple questions….

What size are they Stretch? Do you have a lift in?

If you don't mind me asking where and how much $$? (maybe PM me if you'd prefer)

MEGOMONSTER
14th January 2014, 09:38 PM
I've pretty much decided on a set of these myself so have a couple questions….

What size are they Stretch? Do you have a lift in?

If you don't mind me asking where and how much $$? (maybe PM me if you'd prefer)

285/70R17
No lift just removed front mud flap on 2006 model
Bob Jane ( not sure where)
$390 a corner

Stretch isn't computer/phone savvy, and might be a while before he answers, so I'll do it for him.

PMC
14th January 2014, 09:42 PM
Just purchased my new tyres being the Dick Cepek FC-II from the local Bob jane.
First impression are really good.
Very impressed.
Quiet and smooth.
Mind you I am coming off Cooper STT after 4 yrs and over 100k kms.
Once I take it for a good run out in the bush somewhere, I come back here for further feedback.

G'day mate,

They are a great performing tyre, i have had mine now for eighteen months, great both off-road and on road, especially in the wet!

Regards,

RLI

DSzuke
15th January 2014, 10:37 AM
Thanks Megomonster.

I really like the look of these. I want muddies but just cant justify them with my lack of dirt road fun atm :(

These look like a good compromise.

TimE
15th January 2014, 11:28 AM
They are a great performing tyre, i have had mine now for eighteen months, great both off-road and on road, especially in the wet!

Regards,

RLI

My experience is as they wear the tread gets harder, wet weather performance drops off noticeably at about the half worn mark. Makes for interesting experiences on wet tar, who would have thought you could drift a diesel Patrol on the tar ;)

MEGOMONSTER
15th January 2014, 11:29 AM
Thanks Megomonster.

I really like the look of these. I want muddies but just cant justify them with my lack of dirt road fun atm :(

These look like a good compromise.

Two guys went and got new tyres, one got DC muddies and the other got DC FC-II, both went out for a bash in the mud.
Both tyres held there own. Both did the same tracks, same mud holes.
Road noise was quite loud on the muddies, so has now sold the muddies for a small loss and went for the FC-II now.

In other words he says the FC-II are more than capable in any terrain.

threedogs
15th January 2014, 11:32 AM
Look like a great all rounder

MEGOMONSTER
15th January 2014, 11:33 AM
would have thought you could drift a diesel Patrol on the tar ;)

I still got my stockies on, and are well worn.
So I'm drifting on dry roads with a diesel patrol. Lol
The wet makes for real fun.

MEGOMONSTER
15th January 2014, 11:33 AM
Look like a great all rounder

They do, I was surprised how quiet and smooth they were.
But I really want to take Stretch to Wombat SF for a real wheelin to test the limits.

BigRAWesty
15th January 2014, 11:50 AM
Geeze 390 a corner.
Micky t ATZ or 4 rib tyres are $360 each.
Be interesting to hear reviews

MEGOMONSTER
15th January 2014, 11:54 AM
Geeze 390 a corner.
Micky t ATZ or 4 rib tyres are $360 each.
Be interesting to hear reviews

Not for 17's and not down this way.

meh
15th January 2014, 12:15 PM
I have these aswell, 285/75/16 $350 a tyre from bob jane.
Taken them rocky, mud and sand terrains and never had an issues with them. Even the slippery clay wasnt a problem :-)
I will get them again in a heartbeat.

MEGOMONSTER
15th January 2014, 07:10 PM
I bet ya his still got the blue on his tyres, to protect the writing as long as possible. PML
I WONDER IF HE'LL REPLY.

Stretch
15th January 2014, 07:13 PM
I bet ya his still got the blue on his tyres, to protect the writing as long as possible. PML
I WONDER IF HE'LL REPLY.

No blue writing , smart R's

Dales300exc
15th January 2014, 07:17 PM
I like the look of them except for the white writing out! Good stuff. Keen to hear.

jack
15th January 2014, 09:41 PM
I was looking at a set of these on a white GU down at Lorne on Sat. Looked very nice, also had black powder coated mags. ARB bull bar, WARN winch, topped off with a nice roof rack.
Only thing missing was the Nissanpatrol.com.au sticker.

MEGOMONSTER
20th February 2014, 09:51 AM
Stretch has decided to test out the tyres at Wombat (Bullengarook), so we headed out Sunday before lunch, where we met up with Matfew and went for a wheel.
The tyres performed very well and went through everyone we did. Stretch's car has no lift as yet.
Wombat was quite dry compared to my last visit, but still found a few climbs and muddy tracks, which he did very well.
It was also noted by Matfew that the tyres cleared the treads of mud quite well.

Here's a short vid of stretch in action, although it was a little more difficult last time through as the creek has dried up and quite compact.
http://youtu.be/lsd1FvgPBuc

I also had some fun out there, after finding a three way fork in the track we were on and we chose the left track, which proved to be quite sloshy and thick.
Matfew didn't have enough speed and got caught near the end with diff hung up a little, a quick pull and he was out.
So my turn to go through and I did it with ease as he had pushed most of the slosh out the way, but mid way I hit the bank a little quick and popped the bead off the tyre a little and had to change to the spare once I got through.
http://youtu.be/FOWz2SBhmKI

Clunk
20th February 2014, 12:30 PM
Got a set of these on me new GQ, will see how they deal with the powerlines on Saturday....... On the road, so far so good, quieter than the Mickey Thompson ATZs on me other Q.

MEGOMONSTER
23rd May 2014, 05:56 PM
So happy was Stretch with these tyres, he stopped being a tight arse and bought himself another set with new rims for the 80. Looks so much nicer then the little cheese cutters he had on there.

Drew
24th May 2014, 04:03 PM
very nice if I do say so myself, even though they look a bit Dicky ;) :) Yep I just had to :) :) :)

fish_sparky
16th September 2014, 02:16 PM
Best tyre i have had got 120000k before needing new, could not get them in nz so went with MT's ATZ instead with a price of $520 per corner ouch.
Time will tell how they go seem to be similar to DC FC11.

Plasnart
21st July 2022, 08:05 PM
OK time for a thread dig. About to change over tyres and have always had half a bar for the Dick Cepek FC's, although have always run MT MTZ's because they're freaking awesome in sand, dirt, mud and on wet bitumen, and therefore I haven't broken away from them. But time has come for a new set of shoes and once again I'm thinking of the Dick Cepeks.

I don't really need MTs as I'm not a hard core 4x4 mudbogger. But the MT MTZs are so good on the bitumen as well as general off road that's why I've stuck with them. They got grip on wet tar. Big plus. And then they do everything else too. Just a bit louder.

Can anyone tell from experience how the Dick Cepeks go on wet roads? I once had BFG AT's and chucked them because they were roller skates in the wet. Don't want to go back there. I would really like a good sticky road AT and the Cepeks look aggressive enough to do their bit off road as well.

growler2058
22nd July 2022, 06:16 AM
Stick with the MTZ's Plazzy. Dont fix what aint broke