PDA

View Full Version : New camera

Avo
8th January 2014, 08:16 PM
well got sick of not having a family camera.After using phone camera's and really missing out on some nice shots me and the wifey with kids in tow went shopping.I already new I wanted a canon(had 3 fujifilms already)but just a point and shoot one nothing overboard.My friend and his daughter have the good 3 grand ones,but not for me hey.So in town they had a twin lense kit for 850 so I did the ring around and did the gooogle.I ended up driving 150km(stayed the night and caught up with a mate and his family)Scoured one over the phone looking at there web page for 480...saved 370 for a couple of phone calls....

So I now have a eos1100d to shoot some pics of down here with,,,more pics to come.

AB
8th January 2014, 08:32 PM
I expect some hefty completion from you now in our photo comps...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Clunk
8th January 2014, 08:35 PM
So where are they????

Avo
8th January 2014, 08:59 PM
Ok then,this is one of the first ones...

Avo
8th January 2014, 09:05 PM
One to scare ya ,and the roo one was meant to be the firast pic but stuffed the loading up..

Woof
8th January 2014, 09:06 PM
So where are they????

Won't see any for a while mate.............................................. ...............................until he realises that there is a lens cover on it, and then works out how to remove it...ROFLMAO
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2014/01/2.gif

fracster
9th January 2014, 09:27 AM
Enjoy the camera mate. ignore any software I recommend. Sorry about that pal.

threedogs
9th January 2014, 11:49 AM
now you need a SD card for for 1000's of pic storage.
I dropped off years ago taking pics when these digital cameras first come out.
I have a 12MP job maybe I should start using it again
Still have dads Petax SLR from the late 70s I think its a X700
Looks brand new

NP99
9th January 2014, 12:41 PM
The hard part of digital photography is cataloging your work so that you can retrieve pics as you need them. Enjoy mate, shooting hundreds, cause when you review them later you will have captured a few good ones!

MelvinMelvin
19th February 2014, 06:47 PM
The hard part of digital photography is cataloging your work so that you can retrieve pics as you need them. Enjoy mate, shooting hundreds, cause when you review them later you will have captured a few good ones!

I am totallya gree with you. Certain 2 facts on this page are unequivocally the best we have all had. You are 100% good here that the hard part of digital photography (http://weddingphotography-goldcoast.com/blog/) is cataloging your work so that you can retrieve pics as you need them.

04OFF
19th February 2014, 07:29 PM
As you gain experience, you may find cataloging will become less of a problem ,you will actually take "less" pics, and you will learn how to convert what you "see" (or want to see) into pics, this will greatly reduce the number of pics you take, as you will be able to tell what will make a good pic, and what will not, all without even taking the camera out of the bag.

I find my best pic is usually somewhere between shot 1-3 (depending on the scenario).

The ONLY thing that really matters is YOU enjoy it !

BigRAWesty
19th February 2014, 07:35 PM
Nice buy mate. We went the 550D And are very happy with the buy.

Twin lense aswell but the long range one doesn't see much air time.

Looking at an 18mm portrait lense to add another dimension to the kit..

fracster
23rd February 2014, 04:16 PM
Nice buy mate. We went the 550D And are very happy with the buy.

Twin lense aswell but the long range one doesn't see much air time.

Looking at an 18mm portrait lense to add another dimension to the kit..18 mm portrait lens?

18 mm is a fairly wide angle lens mate. Portraits lenses are ,generally, 50,85 or 135mm.

BigRAWesty
23rd February 2014, 05:36 PM
18 mm portrait lens?

18 mm is a fairly wide angle lens mate. Portraits lenses are ,generally, 50,85 or 135mm.

Sorry, 50mm is what she wants.
I'd love an 85mm. But your talking 3x the price...

@GUte
10th March 2014, 01:13 PM
Last year I bought the Nikon D7000 with twin lens kit even though the D7100 had just came out. The D7000 got very good reviews as did the twin lenses, 18-55 and 55-300 zooms.

I recently bought the Tokina AT-X PRO 11-16mm f2.8 for $519. Yes f2.8!!! :D

clubbyr8
14th May 2014, 05:36 PM
Photography is my passion and hopefully by just purchasing a troll I can enhance that. I've got a Canon 7D with a few lenses which I carry all the time, but I tend to only use two of them. A 24-105mm f/4L IS USM and a 70-200 f/4L IS USM. I've just got a carbon fibre tripod to carry when we go hiking. Expensive but it only ways just over a kilo.

Enjoy the camera mate.... :)

Avo
14th May 2014, 05:45 PM
I still haven't manage a perfect pic yet,taken a few nice ones but on auto..lol.since o4off has started his new thread I have been trying new stuff.trying shutter speed and so on..when will we some asome of your pics clubbyr8..

clubbyr8
14th May 2014, 06:49 PM
I still haven't manage a perfect pic yet,taken a few nice ones but on auto..lol.since o4off has started his new thread I have been trying new stuff.trying shutter speed and so on..when will we some asome of your pics clubbyr8..

There's a couple in the photo section and one in the monthly photo comp but they not troll related (only just got it), it'll have it's first outing this Saturday, not sure where yet, somewhere around the Blue Mountains..... :)

04OFF
14th May 2014, 06:59 PM

Good man :049:

There's a couple in the photo section and one in the monthly photo comp but they not troll related (only just got it), it'll have it's first outing this Saturday, not sure where yet, somewhere around the Blue Mountains..... :)

Any coincidence you bought the best colour car for photography ? (he-he)

Please feel free to get amongst the photo thread, if you've been at it a while, im sure you must have some valuable tips/info to share with us all.......

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?27621-Getting-MORE-from-your-photos-!

:thumbup: