PDA

View Full Version : GQ upper control arm replacement

Drewboyaus
6th January 2014, 05:25 PM
Hi all,
As the title suggests, I need to replace my RHS rear upper control arm with a bent one so I can fit my sub tank underneath.
Question I have are; how hard is it to do? What are the steps involved? Any special tools or tips I need to know about?
Cheers,
Drew.

Bloodyaussie
6th January 2014, 05:28 PM
If you come around here I will do it for you.....

Not hard just need to watch things moving about... I had to use my winch to line up my front diff after removing the radius arms...

Dont forget all your belts need replacing urgently!!!!

89gqpatrol4x4
6th January 2014, 06:02 PM
just did the lowers no special tools just as BA says I had to use a pipe clamp to pull the diff back as it moved when I undid them.

Drewboyaus
7th January 2014, 06:19 PM
If you come around here I will do it for you.....

Not hard just need to watch things moving about... I had to use my winch to line up my front diff after removing the radius arms...

Dont forget all your belts need replacing urgently!!!!

Thanks man but don't mind doing it, just need some direction. You have a sh!tloads better work area than I do though....when can we do it? I'd better go and buy the arm then ay? Maybe after the Australia Day trip......I have a bit to do between now and then. Hope my clutch holds up!

Bloodyaussie
7th January 2014, 06:48 PM
All good anytime mate............ oh and how about dinner the following friday???

Drewboyaus
8th January 2014, 12:11 AM
All good anytime mate............ oh and how about dinner the following friday???

The 31/01?

MEGOMONSTER
8th January 2014, 01:20 AM

No probs I'll be there for dinner.

Edit: sorry, is this an open invite.

Bloodyaussie
8th January 2014, 07:39 AM
17th mate..... that way we can get all girly and talk about the trip the following week!!!!!!

Drewboyaus
8th January 2014, 07:09 PM
Cool. It's in the calendar.