PDA

View Full Version : Wanted, TD42 harmonic balancer

love ke70
4th January 2014, 07:02 PM
ITEM: TD42 harmonic balancer from a black top, NA motor, I believe the TD42T ones are different, not sure if silver and black top vary or not, but I am assuming not...

PRICE AND PRICE CONDITIONS: as little as possible, but you tell me what you want and I will pay it.

CONDITION: Good to Very good, but show me what you have :)

EXTRA INFO: My rubber section is OK, but getting a bit old, so if yours is stuffed but your pulley section is good I would take it, as I cracked my pulley section, dont ask how...I will probably get a new rubber anyway

LOCATION: Yatala, but will collect from north bris to southern goldy and pay post from anywhere

CONTACT: text or call me 0433 108 569, or if you really have to, PM me, but I would rather contact via the telephone.

Cheers, Andy

Dales300exc
4th January 2014, 07:50 PM
Just paid 200 for the balancer (pulleys) from repco and 179 for dampner (nissan only).

Thats new parts trade price.

love ke70
4th January 2014, 08:17 PM
OK cheers, do you have the repco P/N?
my local repco, if you dont get the two girls that run the place, the two blokes are less than helpful, much as they try.
was that TD42T or TD42?

Cheers, Andy

Dales300exc
4th January 2014, 08:39 PM
HB1299N is the Powerbond part number that repco recognise. I am 99% sure that is the number. Im stretching my memory and I dont have the invoice here its at work.

Thats a td42

love ke70
4th January 2014, 09:06 PM
Thanks,
Was it a power bond item you were supplied?
I saw power bond ones on ebay but the photo didn't look the same as the genuine ones.
There's a complete item for 295 on ebay that looks okay, including balancer.
Depends on quality though doesn 't it.
I would be happy with second hand pully and genuine balancer.

Dales300exc
4th January 2014, 09:09 PM
Quality of the powerbond unit seems good. Putting it on a hot td42 so time will tell.

The problem is the "balancer" that is supplied and the only part that comes up is the pulleys (two one size, on another) which is the complete part that bolts to the crank. The rubber part that bolts to the balancer is not listed at repco. If you remove youes and seperate with the 6 bolts. The pulley part is a complete unit. The dampener is a bolt on unit.

Dales300exc
4th January 2014, 09:13 PM

My new one

love ke70
4th January 2014, 10:32 PM
Yeah true, I know what your saying that the pulley itself is a whole unit and the harmonic balancer rubber section a bolt on extra. very much required to avoid crank breakages though.

Just realised the 295 one on ebay is only the pulley too, no rubber.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/POWERBOND-OEM-HARMONIC-BALANCER-1988-ON-NISSAN-PATROL-GQ-GU-4-2L-TD42-INC-TURBO-/111136814480?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e0453590&_uhb=1

that is HB1299-N, description says
"Standard Replacement Balancers offer engine repairers the option of a totally new assembly featuring high grade SG iron castings assembled with new inserted or bonded rubber as used in the original balancer. They are available for many popular passenger cars, light commercial and 4WD applications as listed in our applications section. These totally new balancers do not attract a deposit charge and core return is not required."

So I guess being bolt on rubber it isnt going to come with it.
I might contact patrolapart for the rubber and see if I can turn up a second hand pulley and get a new rubber.
atleast I know I can get one at repco not too dear :)

Dales300exc
4th January 2014, 10:52 PM
Yeh it will not come with the rubber. Patrolapart might be worth a crack. I just wanted new. Best of luck

SupRob
6th January 2014, 10:04 AM
PM SENT =]

Rob,

love ke70
13th January 2014, 11:52 AM
OK, this is all sorted, thanks go to Rob for a genuine balancer (the rubber bit) at a very very good price. everyone should talk to rob, or SMS diesel when they need these things. Dont know why I didnt think of it, seeings as they supplied my engine rebuild kit...

after seeing this on ebay
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/POWERBOND-OEM-HARMONIC-BALANCER-1988-ON-NISSAN-PATROL-GQ-GU-4-2L-TD42-INC-TURBO-/111136814480?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item 19e0453590&_uhb=1&clk_rvr_id=572659523130

I emailed them and they were slow to respond, so I tried to call,
http://www.onlineautomotive.com.au/
who are actually not the same people.
the lady at online automotive was great to deal with and matched the price and let me pick up, which the ebay seller would not.
so all in all, was not a very painful exercise.

props also go to patrolapart for supplying the new woodruff key and locking cone.

Cheers, Andy