PDA

View Full Version : Vic Meetup with RLI in Geelong this weekend

MudRunnerTD
30th December 2013, 03:04 PM
OK! Sorry guys this has creeped up on us a bit.

This meetup is THIS WEEKEND!

We will meet at the BARWON VALLEY PARK, Barrabool Rd BELMONT.

2:30pm onwards for a BBQ Dinner with Paul and his family who will arrive around 4pm or so.

There is a large Kids play ground and BBQs and plenty of shade. If its hot though bring your sunscreen. The Barwon River is just there too and you might get a swim if the weather is nice.

I will post some maps from MC

So I just had a coffee and a chat with Paul, great bloke.

I have had a look at the map while he was here and at this stage we are looking to have 2 Meetup points then rendezvous in Waurn Ponds before heading into the Otways.

Meetup point 1 is the Barwon Vally Park 8:30am
where the Saturday BBQ is as some will be at the caravan park opposite and Paul and his family are just up the road.

Meetup point 2 Lara 8:15am
Pm me for the address.

Rendezvous will be at 9am
Bunnings Carpark Waurn Ponds

Heading into the Otways via Cape Otway Rd down into Barwon Downs.

MudRunnerTD
30th December 2013, 03:13 PM

Meetup just to the West of the pin

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

MudRunnerTD
30th December 2013, 09:36 PM
Hey guys started a new thread for this. I am hopeful that a heap of guys can make it down for a Saturday arvo BBQ in Geelong to Meetup with Paul RLI and then maybe a camp out at Dandos in the Otways and a day trip through some reasonably easy stuff in the Otways on Sunday.

Look forward to seeing anyone that's still about for this.

AB
30th December 2013, 09:37 PM
Yep ill be there mate.

Winnie, when you see this Roofy offered to drive you and your misses for the day too.

PMC
30th December 2013, 10:53 PM
G'day Lounge Lizards,

Looking forward to the meet & greet/show & tell on Saturday afternoon folks!

A special thanks to Darren (MudRunner) for organising the week-end, especially knowing that he is extremely busy currently setting up his and his wife's new business!

Speaking of the new business, i have booked the wife in on Monday afternoon 6th January for Darren's wife to perform her medial therapeutic massage. I am impressed at $75.00 per hour!

Farkk, i was even stunningly impressed when Darren advised me, that he was only charging male forum members only $5.00 per hour, for him personally performing his therapeutic massage whilst only wearing nothing but a G-string, girdle and suspenders whilst playing his banjo! lol.

PS, i am booked in behind AB, Apollofish, Roofy and Winnie for 4 hours on Monday morning. lol

Kind regards,

RLI

Winnie
30th December 2013, 10:56 PM
Hahahahahaha good onya Paul! Bloody pissa! I'll do my best to take you up on that generous offer Roofy

TPC
30th December 2013, 11:15 PM
Roofy, if you are car pooling can you swing past my place and pick me up too?

fracster
31st December 2013, 03:53 AM
Make sure you get some pics of the lounge lizard guys.

AB
31st December 2013, 08:27 AM
That is a very generous offer Dazz.

When I get home tomorrow ill change the top banner to promote this wonderful deal so it gets noticed!!!

jack
31st December 2013, 09:00 AM
That is a very generous offer Dazz.

When I get home tomorrow ill change the top banner to promote this wonderful deal so it gets noticed!!!

Lucky we're at the front of the alphabet AB, bet Winnie wished he changed his name to AAAWinnie

AB
31st December 2013, 09:06 AM
Lucky we're at the front of the alphabet AB, bet Winnie wished he changed his name to AAAWinnie

Yeah by the time Dazz gets to "w" hell be rough...lol

Winnie
31st December 2013, 09:07 AM
He's a battler though, he'll keep on keepin' on.

MudRunnerTD
31st December 2013, 09:12 AM
I was told Winnie likes it rough! Lucky! In a past life I was a Biker so I got Looottts of Leather!

Nah bugger that! I'm a big fat bastard!! Not a good look!

How are the numbers looking guys? Anyone looking to camp? If not then the drive on Sunday can happen but from a different spot.

Sir Roofy
31st December 2013, 09:47 AM
Jane and i are still in for the bbq

AB
31st December 2013, 09:48 AM
I'm easy, ill take bedding down and if people are camping and staying then so will I...

MudRunnerTD
31st December 2013, 05:08 PM
Bump.

I spoke to Paul today and he is definitely up for a Drive on Sunday and will be bringing 2 cars and his whole family. Sunday will be an easy drive through the Otways and i will be in the GUIV

mudnut
31st December 2013, 06:51 PM
Is anyone else planning to stay in the Otways on Sunday night?

Winnie
31st December 2013, 06:54 PM
Hey Paul. I'm working on Saturday but finish at 11, if that works out with Roofy then I'll be coming along for the ride mate!

PMC
31st December 2013, 07:32 PM
Hey Paul. I'm working on Saturday but finish at 11, if that works out with Roofy then I'll be coming along for the ride mate!

Good onya young Winston!

Looking forward to the meet & greet!

PS, after speaking to Darren today, the bugger advised me that you are getting his massage for free, apparently you will be wearing a Sexy Borat Mankini number! lol

Regards,

RLI

Winnie
31st December 2013, 10:25 PM
Good onya young Winston!

Looking forward to the meet & greet!

PS, after speaking to Darren today, the bugger advised me that you are getting his massage for free, apparently you will be wearing a Sexy Borat Mankini! lol

Regards,

RLI

Yeah mate that's on the down low though.

PMC
31st December 2013, 10:57 PM
Make sure you get some pics of the lounge lizard guys.

G'day folks,

I agree with fracsters comments 100%, however, we will be holding real beers in our hands and not the shite from the former motherland! lol

Very kind regards! lol

RLI

fracster
1st January 2014, 02:22 AM
G'day folks,

I agree with fracsters comments 100%, however, we will be holding real beers in our hands and not the shite from the former motherland! lol

Very kind regards! lol

RLI

Nah, you`ll be drinking that poofy lager stuff mate, not real ale like we have here.

TPC
1st January 2014, 02:37 AM
Nah, you`ll be drinking that poofy lager stuff mate, not real ale like we have here.

You ever tried a Coopers Ale mate?
That's what we drink in South Australia and it is world famous.

Nobody drinks lager here except for those poofs in Victoria.

fracster
1st January 2014, 02:52 AM
Nope, but i`ll see if it is available here and sample some if it is.

james008
1st January 2014, 03:30 AM
Nope, but i`ll see if it is available here and sample some if it is.

You have to come to Aussie land to try our properly good beers. More specifically Victoria, some of the smaller Victorian breweries make some fantastic beer.

fracster
1st January 2014, 04:19 AM
Hmmmm,available here (http://www.beerhawk.co.uk/coopers-pale-ale.html?gclid=CMDE5a712rsCFfHMtAodSWkAiw)

mudnut
1st January 2014, 01:17 PM
The 7 day forecast is showing cool, wet and windy weather for the Otways. Bring it on!!!

AB
1st January 2014, 03:01 PM
Yep, where the hell has summer gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drewboyaus
1st January 2014, 06:23 PM
Guys,
I was going to be doing both days but due to circumstances now will be driving back from Pambula on Saturday instead of Friday. I will come down Sunday morning for an Otways drive though.
Still meeting at Dando's?

NP99
1st January 2014, 07:37 PM
You ever tried a Coopers Ale mate?
That's what we drink in South Australia and it is world famous.

Nobody drinks lager here except for those poofs in Victoria.

Do you still roll the stubble before you crack it?

TPC
1st January 2014, 07:42 PM
Do you still roll the stubble before you crack it?
Sure do, about to crack another now.

MudRunnerTD
1st January 2014, 08:07 PM
Guys,
I was going to be doing both days but due to circumstances now will be driving back from Pambula on Saturday instead of Friday. I will come down Sunday morning for an Otways drive though.
Still meeting at Dando's?

Hey Drew. Is ill be leaving from Geelong on Sunday morning and at this stage don't know who is going to Dandos??? If there is no one then we certainly won't be going anywhere near there. It to the West side of the Otways and we will only go there if there are a few campers.

Watch this space

jack
1st January 2014, 08:12 PM
I'll be there for the BBQ and probably the drive on Sunday. Paul is Ally going on Sunday? if she is then Elsie will come along as well.

MudRunnerTD
1st January 2014, 08:26 PM
I'll be there for the BBQ and probably the drive on Sunday. Paul is Ally going on Sunday? if she is then Elsie will come along as well.

Paul and Ali are both coming Sunday and other members of Paul's a Family will be there too. He will bring 10 or 12 family members for a drive in at least 2 cars.

He has asked me to keep it pretty easy for the sake of his car and medical conditions so it will be a sight seeing cruise through the Forrest park. I have not been into the Otways for a few years and so much has been closed and not much now to drive that is difficult for the GQ.

We had a heap of rain today so we could see a bit of mud ;)

jack
1st January 2014, 08:34 PM
We had a heap of rain today so we could see a bit of mud ;)
That would be right, spent 4 hours cleaning my car after yesterday's effort. :eek:

Drewboyaus
1st January 2014, 09:38 PM
Other members of Paul's a Family will be there too.

Does he have a "B" family for substitution when the "A" family gives him the sh!ts......? LMAO

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the Sunday plan. I might have one or more of my kids along for the ride too......

MudRunnerTD
2nd January 2014, 09:19 AM
Roll up roll up.

Need some numbers guys for both the BBQ and the Sunday drive??

If your thinking of coming put your name down please.

If there. Is only 1 or 2 campers and your going to swag it then I'd almost suggest going to the caravan park opposite the BBQ site on Saturday. Literally across he road from the BBQ. Grab a non powered site between a coue of you and your done.

Speak up please

Winnie
2nd January 2014, 09:27 AM
I am coming down with Roofy for the BBQ, won't be there on Sunday.

AB
2nd January 2014, 09:30 AM
BBQ and drive for me.

macca
2nd January 2014, 09:42 AM
Have a great time guys and girls, and a safe trip Paul.
Everyone is looking forward to seeing you so enjoy yourself mate.
Sure you will :band:

Sir Roofy
2nd January 2014, 11:32 AM
i am coming down with roofy for the bbq, won't be there on sunday.

im with win

PMC
2nd January 2014, 11:55 AM
G'day folks,

My family (Ally, Emma, Maddie, Ryan and myself) and my dad and father-in-law will be present for Saturday B/Q dinner & drinkies around 4.00 pm after our sons christening!

On the Sunday drive it will be myself, my dad, my sister and her partner and my 21 year old nephew James.

Unfortunately, my father in-law cannot make the trip on Sunday which has resulted in me leaving Ally and my Children home. Not a problem as they have been off-roading with me for years, however, my dad and my sister have not and would love to come along and that is why i have rearranged my travelling format for Sunday Darren!

Anyhow my Father, Sister and myself are extremely exited by the up-coming trip that you have painstakingly organised Darren! Good onya mate!

PS, numbers for Saturday between 7 & 11 numbers for Sunday 5

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

Winnie
2nd January 2014, 12:05 PM
im with win

Is Jane coming too?

Sir Roofy
2nd January 2014, 02:38 PM
is jane coming too?

im hoping she is

TPC
2nd January 2014, 02:43 PM
Is there anybody camping the Saturday night?
I am tempted to drive over for a short holiday and meet a few of you.

MudRunnerTD
2nd January 2014, 02:49 PM

There is a caravan park directly opposite the BBQ site if your interested. Would be a big drive but be great to meet you.

Winnie
2nd January 2014, 03:06 PM

Would be good to meet you mate.

PMC
2nd January 2014, 03:32 PM
G'day you Patrolling 4x4 Lounge Lizards,

Could please add your names and the number of persons who will be participating in the following days events for Darren!

1. Saturdays meet and greet B/Q in Geelong

RLI's family Ally, Emma, Maddie, Ryan, Paul and my dad (Jim) and father-in-law (David) total 6

2. Sundays Otways 4x4 fun run!

RLI (Paul), my dad (Jim), my sister (Julie) and her partner (Shaun) and my 21 year old nephew (James) total 4 and one Patrol!

Kind regards,

RLI

Winnie
2nd January 2014, 03:37 PM

RLI's family Ally, Emma, Maddie, Ryan, Paul and my dad (Jim) and father-in-law (David) total 6
Winnie

RLI (Paul), my dad (Jim), my sister (Julie) and her partner (Shaun) and my 21 year old nephew (James) total 4 and one Patrol!

jack
2nd January 2014, 04:45 PM

+ Myself and wife (possible 2 grandkids)

+ Myself (possible wife and 2 grandkids)

Bloodyaussie
2nd January 2014, 07:12 PM
God I have scrolled through pages of this stuff and I still cant find definitive answers to where and what as far as Sunday goes???

I will not make it for the BBQ as I have a late Xmas dinner with Peter (Irish) that evening and its been put off a couple of times plus I have to scoot down to my house in Mornington and do a quick few jobs...

As for Sunday that depends on where and what and how.... I have no idea where Dando's is????

MudRunnerTD
2nd January 2014, 07:50 PM
God I have scrolled through pages of this stuff and I still cant find definitive answers to where and what as far as Sunday goes???

I will not make it for the BBQ as I have a late Xmas dinner with Peter (Irish) that evening and its been put off a couple of times plus I have to scoot down to my house in Mornington and do a quick few jobs...

As for Sunday that depends on where and what and how.... I have no idea where Dando's is????

Grumpy bastard!! You should be all rested and happy to read our dribble!!

Sunday has been left open while we figure out whether anyone is camping. I have No intention going near Dandos unless there are campers there.

I know a couple of members have booked into the caravan park across the road for the BBQ site so Dandos is likely out.

If your coming boof head your welcome to meet me in Lara or meet up in Waurn Ponds on Sunday morning. Time to be advised.

Bloodyaussie
2nd January 2014, 07:53 PM
Grumpy bastard!! You should be all rested and happy to read our dribble!!

You are not the first to call me that today!!!!!!

See tomorrow when I have a moment to clear my head of too much grog!!!

growler2058
2nd January 2014, 08:52 PM
You are not the first to call me that today!!!!!!

See tomorrow when I have a moment to clear my head of too much grog!!!

Girl.......

Bloodyaussie
2nd January 2014, 08:57 PM
Girl.......

You can call me Princess buttercup!!!!

AB
2nd January 2014, 09:16 PM
Sorry blokes I'm still working but again both days for me, can someone please add me...lol

MudRunnerTD
2nd January 2014, 09:34 PM
Sorry blokes I'm still working but again both days for me, can someone please add me...lol

Your not Invited

Drewboyaus
2nd January 2014, 09:49 PM
I am on for Sunday.....
What time at Lara Daz?

Drewboyaus
2nd January 2014, 09:57 PM
You can call me Princess buttercup!!!!

C'mon Princess, you can meet me early on Sunday and drive down.....say 11am? PML

MudRunnerTD
2nd January 2014, 10:19 PM
I am on for Sunday.....
What time at Lara Daz?

watch this space Drew

GQ TANK
2nd January 2014, 10:30 PM
I'm in for the barby, truck is having a front diff change - so im out for the 4wd

me and 2 kids

PMC
2nd January 2014, 10:44 PM

SIT-REP of the number of persons who will be participating in the following weekends events!

RLI's family Ally, Emma, Maddie, Ryan, Paul my dad (Jim) and father-in-law (David) total 6.
Apollofish (Jack) wife (Elsie) (possible 2 grandkids) total 4.
Roofy & Jane their love child Winnie total 3.
GQ Tank & 2 children total 3.
MudRunner (Darren) and his 8yo son Zach and 2.5yo girl Amelia and maybe Dad Joe
AB & family?
TPC & family?

2. Sundays Otway’s 4x4 fun run!

RLI (Paul),
my dad (Jim),
my sister (Julie) and her partner (Shaun)
and my 21 year old nephew (James) total 4 and one Patrol!
Apollofish (Jack) wife (Elsie) (possible 2 grandkids) total 4 and Patrol.
MudRunner (Darren) and two kidsnand maybe his Dad and Patrol?
AB & family and Patrol?
Bloodyaussie and family and Patrol?
Drewboyaus (Drew) and possible between 1 and 3 kids and Patrol.

PS, any other takers?

Kind regards your humble Lounge Lizard,

RLI

Drewboyaus
2nd January 2014, 10:51 PM
I might have anywhere between 1 and 3 kids riding with me. It will depend on the morning.

MudRunnerTD
2nd January 2014, 11:30 PM

SIT-REP of the number of persons who will be participating in the following weekends events!

RLI's family Ally, Emma, Maddie, Ryan, Paul
my dad (Jim)
and father-in-law (David) total 6.
MudRunner (Darren) and his 8yo son Zach and 2.5yo girl Amelia and maybe Dad Joe
AB & family?
TPC & family?

RLI (Paul),
my dad (Jim),
my sister (Julie) and her partner (Shaun)
and my 21 year old nephew (James) total 4 and one Patrol!
AB & family and Patrol?

PS, any other takers?

RLI

Changed it to a list Paul. Easier for me to read bud ;)

Also I can confirm Matthew (can't remember his user name) and partner will be in for the BBq and the drive and are booked into the caravan park.

Winnie
2nd January 2014, 11:59 PM
Is Matthew, Matfew?

mudski
3rd January 2014, 12:31 AM
Working Saturday but depending on how i go I will try my best to get down there...Sundays out for me though...

mudnut
3rd January 2014, 01:26 AM
Mudnut and mudnutette for barby, camping (somewhere) and wheeling on Sunday.

TPC
3rd January 2014, 08:54 AM
I am in for the BBQ and the drive on Sunday. I will be alone as wife has to work on Monday.

TPC
3rd January 2014, 09:32 AM
Mudnut and mudnutette for barby, camping (somewhere) and wheeling on Sunday.
Were you going to try getting into the caravan park across the road from the BBQ or go someware else?

PMC
3rd January 2014, 10:24 AM
G'day Lounge Lizards,

Latest SIT-REP of the number of persons who will be participating in the following weekends events!

RLI's family Ally, Emma, Maddie, Ryan, Paul my dad (Jim) and father-in-law (David) total 6.
MudRunner (Darren) and his 8yo son Zach and 2.5yo girl Amelia and maybe Dad Joe total 4
AB & family total 3
Matthew and partner total 2
Mudnut and mudnutette total 2
Mudski total 1
TPC total 1

AB & family and Patrol?
Matthew and partner and Patrol.
Mudnut and mudnutette and Patrol
TPC

PS, any other takers?

RLI

MudRunnerTD
3rd January 2014, 10:36 AM
This is looking like a good time!! Have contacted Plas but he is in QLD damnit. Sends his regards

NP99
3rd January 2014, 10:37 AM
Enjoy mate....those of us in Qld will be in the midst of our annual heat wave :)

MudRunnerTD
3rd January 2014, 10:38 AM
29 for the BBQ
And maybe 28 for the Sunday drive in 8 cars.

Good sized group.

mudnut
3rd January 2014, 02:14 PM
Were you going to try getting into the caravan park across the road from the BBQ or go someware else?

I packed the Patrol with all the gear to camp anywhere for two nights, as the drive home is too long for us after Sunday.

MudRunnerTD
3rd January 2014, 04:09 PM

I have had a look at the map while he was here and at this stage we are looking to have 2 Meetup points then rendezvous in Waurn Ponds before heading into the Otways.

where the Saturday BBQ is as some will be at the caravan park opposite and Paul and his family are just up the road.

Pm me for the address.

Added this info to the 1st post of this thread too

jack
3rd January 2014, 05:19 PM
[QUOTE=MudRunnerTD;464644]So I just had a coffee and a chat with Paul, great bloke.
/[QUOTE]
Geez he must have changed a lot since I last caught up with him! :biggrin:

PMC
3rd January 2014, 05:57 PM
G'day folks,

There is 3 caravan parks on Barrabool Rd in Belmont. They are all in the same location as Saturdays B/Q meet & greet area.

The first one is Barwon caravan park about 1 km from B/Q location contact phone number 5243-3842 or freecall 1800 657 955

The second one is City Southside Caravan Park walk across the road to B/Q location contact phone number 5243-3788

The third location is Geelong Riverview Tourist Park walk across the road to B/Q location contact phone number 5243-6225 or freecall 1800 336 225

I hope this information is a help to anyone looking for a camp site near the B/Q location on Saturday.

PS latest SIT-REP of the number of persons who will be participating in the following weekends events!

MudRunner (Darren) and his 8yo son Zach and 2.5yo girl Amelia and maybe Dad Joe total 4
AB & family total 3
Liftlid & family total 3
Mudski total 1
TPC total 1

AB & family and Patrol?
TPC

Kind regards,

RLI

PMC
3rd January 2014, 06:04 PM
[QUOTE=MudRunnerTD;464644]So I just had a coffee and a chat with Paul, great bloke.
/[QUOTE]
Geez he must have changed a lot since I last caught up with him! :biggrin:

G'day Apollo-Cretin,

You cheeky lounge lizard!

Regards,

Paul

liftlid
3rd January 2014, 06:41 PM
We will be coming (x3)for the BBQ sat,
Not sure about Sunday yet.
If i do I will be solo
Not camping

GQ TANK
3rd January 2014, 08:08 PM
buger I cannot make it now - work commitment

PMC
3rd January 2014, 10:17 PM
G'day Trendsetters,

This is the latest SIT-REP of the number of persons who will be participating in the following weekends events!

AB & family total 3
Liftlid & family total 3
Mudski total 1
TPC total 1

AB & family and Patrol?
TPC

PS, i met Darren (MudRunner) and his infamous GQ Patrol (THE BEAST!) What a top bloke he his and that goes to for his young lad Zac, they both made myself and my nine month old son Ryan extremely welcome when i visited Darren at his home today. Thanks for your kind hospitality once again mate! What a machine, the Beast is, it is a real credit to Darren to the amount of effort and time spent building the Beast! Good onya mate!

Kind regards,

Paul

AB
3rd January 2014, 10:23 PM
The cars not really his though Paul.

He just hires out on trips and special occasions like this...lol

mudski
3rd January 2014, 10:48 PM
So the Saturday meet up is starting at 2:30 still? Looks like I may finish work around 12pm so if I leave straight from the job I will be there by 1:30 at the latest!!! I will be "me and all my mate" for an hour or so...

jack
3rd January 2014, 11:30 PM
We'll probably get there closer to 4pm, competing in the 'Danger 1000' early that afternoon.

Alitis007
4th January 2014, 12:11 AM
If i can a viscous hub for my clutch fan tomorrow i'll be in for the Sunday drive.

Will i need to switch wheels ???

MudRunnerTD
4th January 2014, 12:20 AM
If i can a viscous hub for my clutch fan tomorrow i'll be in for the Sunday drive.

Will i need to switch wheels ???

Awesome George be great to see you mate. If you have then swap them, probably won't need them but the Otways is a funny place mate. There are a few on All Terrains though.

MudRunnerTD
4th January 2014, 12:22 AM
So the Saturday meet up is starting at 2:30 still? Looks like I may finish work around 12pm so if I leave straight from the job I will be there by 1:30 at the latest!!! I will be "me and all my mate" for an hour or so...

Hey Mark,

I have a couple of things to do tomorrow including sorting this steal tray for AB, not sure time I will be there but likely 2:30 3pm mate

Alitis007
4th January 2014, 12:23 AM
Awesome George be great to see you mate. If you have then swap them, probably won't need them but the Otways is a funny place mate. There are a few on All Terrains though.

Like wise mate, see how i go.

fracster
4th January 2014, 06:07 AM
Have a good weekend guys.

Winnie
4th January 2014, 08:40 AM
See you all this arvo guys! I'm stuck at work at the moment and finish at 11. Roofy and I will probably be on the road at around 11.15

AB
4th January 2014, 09:45 AM
Leaving now to sort out the trailer Dazz, see you at lunchtime mate and see you all of you at the BBQ.

Winnie
4th January 2014, 09:52 AM
Should I maybe bring some big sausage packs and some bread or something?

Sir Roofy
4th January 2014, 10:08 AM
Should I maybe bring some big sausage packs and some bread or something?

wont hurt mate were taking some bread and meat you wont need a lot lessyou plan on feeding the troops

PMC
4th January 2014, 10:35 AM
G'day Darren,

Ally and the kids and I drove past Barwon valley park last night, there is two B/Q areas there, one is the river side and the other is the caravan park side, both areas have ample parking shade and B/Q facilities with the kids play area in between them both.

PS, see you all around 4.00 to 4.30 pm, just getting ready now for young Ryan's christening.

Regards,

RLI

MudRunnerTD
4th January 2014, 10:58 AM

Hey Mark if your there early depending on the weather mate there is a large Rotunda just up from the playground, if the weather is crap can you stake a claim on the Rotunda if there is no one in there.

Cheers mate

mudski
4th January 2014, 01:40 PM
Hey Mark if your there early depending on the weather mate there is a large Rotunda just up from the playground, if the weather is crap can you stake a claim on the Rotunda if there is no one in there.

Cheers mate
Had to come home first now mate. The missus had to go to the docs so I will wait until she come back, then I'm off...

Winnie
4th January 2014, 02:32 PM
Roofy, Jane and I are not far away now. Probably be there in about half an hour.

TPC
4th January 2014, 02:37 PM
I am at the BBQ opposite the caravan park, anybody else around?

Winnie
4th January 2014, 02:46 PM

Were not far mate, coming into Geelong now.

Winnie
4th January 2014, 03:17 PM

I just PMd you mate

lucus30
4th January 2014, 03:24 PM
Just got back from Eildon so will miss the BBQ but keen tomorrow for a drive though it will be a long drive from SE suburbs of Melbourne by myself. Might need to look for a Co-driver

AB
4th January 2014, 03:44 PM
I'm outside akoya day spa looking after Darren's children whilst he gets his nails done, shouldn't be long gents!!!

PMC
4th January 2014, 04:05 PM
G'day Lounge Lizards,

Just finished with the Christening, we have gone home to get changed. I am also borrowing my father in-laws portable B/Q to help with the cooking!

We should be in your location around 4.00 pm!

PS, i just heard the cricket score, the Poms were 8 for 112, by the time i get to the B/Q they should be all out and starting there second innings. Poor ole fracster. lol

Regards,

Paul

threedogs
4th January 2014, 04:29 PM
they are all out and we are none for 27

Winnie
4th January 2014, 09:29 PM

Where were you this arvo John? Thought you were coming?

jack
4th January 2014, 10:18 PM
What a great forum and a great turn out this afternoon!
Good to catch up with Paul and family again and to see so many who travelled so far for this event. Special mention to TPC, Mudnut, Mudnutette, Roofy, Jane and Winnie for distance travelled to attend. Not forgetting those who didn't have as far to travel, well done.
Lot's of BS and honest truth stories were told, some bonnets were raised and a good time had by all members and families.
If you missed it then there is still time to join the Otways drive tomorrow.

NP99
4th January 2014, 10:21 PM
Paul has told me that if any of you need parts from his rig, he is happy to offer them up. He is too embarrassed to tell you all in person.... He is happy to drive a chassis home!

Bloodyaussie
4th January 2014, 10:24 PM
Useless with out pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jack
4th January 2014, 10:33 PM
Useless with out pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You wouldn't need pics if you were there, so see you tomorrow?

jack
4th January 2014, 10:35 PM
We talking beers drunk or sausages eaten at the BBQ?

TPC
4th January 2014, 10:47 PM
Paul has told me that if any of you need parts from his rig, he is happy to offer them up. He is too embarrassed to tell you all in person.... He is happy to drive a chassis home!
Thanks for letting me know, I am half way through pulling his winch off but having trouble with a stuck bolt.
Maybe I should knock on his door and see if he has a strongarm for the socket.

NP99
4th January 2014, 10:50 PM
Thanks for letting me know, I am half way through pulling his winch off but having trouble with a stuck bolt.
Maybe I should knock on his door and see if he has a strongarm for the socket.

He said take the bull bar as well :)

jack
4th January 2014, 10:51 PM
I've got first call on his wheels and tyres then.

Bloodyaussie
4th January 2014, 10:55 PM
Mags has just told me she wants to do a yoga class and she is doing a roast that I need to be home by 5pm?????????

Not looking good??

Winnie
4th January 2014, 10:59 PM
Mags has just told me she wants to do a yoga class and she is doing a roast that I need to be home by 5pm?????????

Not looking good??

Excuses already!

Sir Roofy
4th January 2014, 11:16 PM
Arrived home safely had a great day cathing up
and meeting paul and tpc that was a great effort
on tonys part winnie left not long ago another 35
minutes for himto drive home

darren we missed you when we left was good to see you again

Sir Roofy
4th January 2014, 11:18 PM
excuses already!

take the kids with you dont wimp out mate

AB
4th January 2014, 11:20 PM

Not looking good??

See you at 8am Johnathon...c'mon mate!!!

Alitis007
5th January 2014, 12:37 AM

Pm me for the address.

Added this info to the 1st post of this thread too

Where do we meet up in the morning ??

Is the Lara meet point your house mate?

MudRunnerTD
5th January 2014, 12:42 AM
Where do we meet up in the morning ??

Is the Lara meet point your house mate?

Yeah mate my house. See you then

MEGOMONSTER
5th January 2014, 12:52 AM
Really wished I was there today and was hoping to be a last minute entrant for the Otways.
Have fun, good luck and stay safe.

mudski
5th January 2014, 12:58 AM
Yeah mate my house. See you then

Wish I was going now. After the meet up today I was keen but the boss had other ideas.
Paul is a fantastic bloke. For people who haven't met him. He's exactly the same in person as he is on the forum,
FULL OF S#!T! :D

mudski
5th January 2014, 12:59 AM
Nah! Top bloke and very easy to talk too. Glad I met him.
Woops! Plus it was good to see all the other guys as well.

Bloodyaussie
5th January 2014, 06:41 AM
I'm up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tried calling George but he is hopeless when it comes to sleeping...... I will try again after shower... can I go back to bed?

AB
5th January 2014, 07:29 AM
I'm up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tried calling George but he is hopeless when it comes to sleeping...... I will try again after shower... can I go back to bed?

I'm going to ring you every 5 minutes if you go back to bed.

Leave now big guy, seeya soon!!

PMC
5th January 2014, 08:37 AM
G'day folks,

My family has arrived, TPC and Mudnut i am leaving now and heading to your location!

Regards,

RLI

Winnie
5th January 2014, 09:55 AM
Is johnny boy there!?

AB
5th January 2014, 01:51 PM
Is johnny boy there!?

He is mate, where are you?

Winnie
5th January 2014, 01:58 PM
Pics or it hasn't happened.

AB
5th January 2014, 01:59 PM
Pics or it hasn't happened.

taslucas
5th January 2014, 04:29 PM
Looks like a google image pic

matfew
5th January 2014, 06:16 PM
Spewing we had to bail fellas. The lil girl only just settled after falling asleep on our bed as we packed up. But then cracked the sads again and had i think last count so far is 3 number 3 explosions lol.

Looks like I have shagged a pinion bearing in rear diff too. was a bit whiney on way down but way home it got really bad. oils leaking out the front now :(

ahh well.

How were the tracks. We were both bit gutted we didnt just pack her up and go but neways. Missus was looking forward to the otways so I think we will be making another trip down soon to check it out.

Bloodyaussie
5th January 2014, 07:00 PM
Great day good to meet some more of our crusty members.... Paul you are nothing like your online persona ... you are actually a top bloke!!! bwa ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!

Weather closed in on us which would have made for some hairy driving.. that place is lethal in the wet.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140105_103128_zps35afad2c.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140105_103128_zps35afad2c.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140105_111751_zps687fd5e3.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140105_111751_zps687fd5e3.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140105_114049_zpse7061787.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140105_114049_zpse7061787.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140105_114115_zps93b2c64a.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140105_114115_zps93b2c64a.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140105_114133_zpsfe4e399d.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140105_114133_zpsfe4e399d.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140105_114324_zps5e4f7781.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140105_114324_zps5e4f7781.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140105_115033_zps233b56bc.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140105_115033_zps233b56bc.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140105_135506_zpsfa9da2c1.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140105_135506_zpsfa9da2c1.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140105_135512_zps5e3bdbd1.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140105_135512_zps5e3bdbd1.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140105_135802_zpsd6d1e587.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140105_135802_zpsd6d1e587.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140105_142941_zps4962fdb8.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140105_142941_zps4962fdb8.jpg.html)

MudRunnerTD
5th January 2014, 07:46 PM
Thanks everyone for a great day. Great group. We did a few tracks in the morning that I suggested would be very difficult with some rain then bugger me is pissed down!! Would have been in a little trouble had that rain come while we were mid track.

Glad everyone had a nice taste of the Otways. Truly was just a very small taste. Easy tracks only but I'd be happy to have a small group come down with Muddies and I can show you a couple of tracks a little more difficult. From Easy to Extreme is there but happy to run through some harder tracks some time.

special thanks go to Tony TPC for a Massive drive, travel safe mate. Mudnut and Mudette also did a big drive and stayed the weekend, hope you had fun. Roofy, Jane and Winnie for a big drive down yesterday for the BBQ, was great to see you all again. Jack (Apollofish) for coming down from Ballarat 2 days in a row, glad to see you again mate. Mark (Mudski) great to see you again yesterday mate, shame you couldn't get here today, there will be another time. Matt, shame you missed it mate, yell out sometime and we will sort something out. Amelia also had a bad night last night and I got little sleep last night.

Gary, (Liftlid) thanks for coming along and helping me with some track knowledge, been a few years since I was down that way.

Jonny (Bloodyaussie) thanks for making a big effort today and coming out for the day, I know it was last minute and may cause you some angst at home. Georgie! Great to see you today mate, look forward to seeing you on here a bit more in the coming months, and Drew, good effort today mate, good to see you as always and hope you enjoyed you day mate.

To Paul and your Family, has been a pleasure to meet you all and was a pleasure to host you today through the Otways Forrest Park. I hope the rest of your stay in Vic is fantastic. Travel safe and thanks for coming.

Regards Darren

MudRunnerTD
5th January 2014, 07:52 PM

Bloodyaussie
5th January 2014, 07:55 PM
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140105_103055_zps98c966a2.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140105_103055_zps98c966a2.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140105_104053_zpsf4cc0ae9.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140105_104053_zpsf4cc0ae9.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140105_132941_zps18c2083e.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140105_132941_zps18c2083e.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140105_090742_zpscfe6155a.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140105_090742_zpscfe6155a.jpg.html)

macca
5th January 2014, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the post, glad to hear you all had a good weekend.
You can send some of that rain north, we need it

Drewboyaus
5th January 2014, 08:21 PM
Thanks Daz,
Was a great day as always with a top group of guys and girls. No matter it was an easy drive, it's always good to be out in the bush with mates, better than sitting around at home....or work!
Was great to meet Paul and family, to meet TPC, to see Mudnut (and Mudnutette) and Apollofish again. As for the rest of you Victorian clowns.....great to see you all again, truly a great bunch. Thanks for organising today Daz, massive effort given what's been going on for you recently.
Today just whet the appetite for the Brindies trip over Australia Day......
Bring it! Can't wait!

taslucas
5th January 2014, 08:26 PM
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140105_103055_zps98c966a2.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140105_103055_zps98c966a2.jpg.html)

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140105_104053_zpsf4cc0ae9.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140105_104053_zpsf4cc0ae9.jpg.html)

I still find it crazy that there's street signs out on your tracks........AND pretty orange safety fencing..................... townies![/QUOTE]

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140105_090742_zpscfe6155a.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140105_090742_zpscfe6155a.jpg.html)
Quick stop for some audio gear?

growler2058
5th January 2014, 08:31 PM
Good to see you wearing the original NP.com shirt Dazz, gunna have to hubt mine down for the Brindies trip :)

AB
5th January 2014, 08:34 PM
Just got home, had a bit of traffic on the ring road but not too bad...buggered!!!

As above gents, another terrific meet up, Shame it was only a small amount of time.

Special thanks to the mud family and tony for travelling so far, great effort Tony!!!

And Paul, I don't care what the others say about you, you're ok in my books mate!!!

I killed two birds and came home with a replacement tray for my brother so win win!

Thanks Dazz for helping me with this, saved my bacon mate!

I got a panicking phone call today, the misses saw a 1.5m tiger snake at our front door as they walked out.

Just let the dogs out and trying to find it but must of moved on???

Thanks again everyone, loved it!!

taslucas
5th January 2014, 09:01 PM
No bitumen drifties on they way home this time AB?

Bloodyaussie
5th January 2014, 09:02 PM
Good to see you wearing the original NP.com shirt Dazz, gunna have to hubt mine down for the Brindies trip :)

I was wearing mine also... hey Winnie where is your NP shirt??

TPC
5th January 2014, 09:08 PM
Thanks to everyone for a great weekend, pity it was so bloody cold.
It was good to meet some of the guys I feel I have got to know on the forum.
Thanks Darren for organizing the drive, really enjoyed it and would have liked to spend another day there. Thanks also to Paul for suggesting the meet up, was great to meet you.

A few photos of a typical Australian BBQ_

A few guys cooking, the woman gossiping and the rest of the blokes with their heads under a bonnet. I think as soon as a bonnet is opened it is impossible to resist the urge to grab your beer and wander over to have a look.

Drewboyaus
5th January 2014, 09:20 PM
Tony, there are many Victorians that are keen for a wheel in SA on some of those amazing beaches of yours................. We can bring VB! LMFAO

TPC
5th January 2014, 09:27 PM
Tony, there are many Victorians that are keen for a wheel in SA on some of those amazing beaches of yours................. We can bring VB! LMFAO

Would be great to have a beach trip over here but we have a check post at the border to prevent fruit and VB coming into SA.
I noticed at the BBQ yesterday that they had a stack of VB kegs behind the toilets with hoses going to the urinal drain.

Drewboyaus
5th January 2014, 09:38 PM
I noticed at the BBQ yesterday that they had a stack of VB kegs behind the toilets with hoses going to the urinal drain.

Hahahahahaahahahahah

Mate, I'm happy to drink Coopers Pale all night long.......my favourite!

AB
5th January 2014, 09:50 PM
No bitumen drifties on they way home this time AB?

Every time it's wet and I go around a corner I think of the time I almost killed Lucas...lol

Winnie
5th January 2014, 10:10 PM
I was wearing mine also... hey Winnie where is your NP shirt??

Here it is ya jerk!

fracster
5th January 2014, 10:12 PM
Who is the bloke in the blue vest giving the double bird?

Always good to put faces to online names,especially as i`ll never meet you guys.

Bloodyaussie
5th January 2014, 10:14 PM
Ya jerk????? thats lovely that is....... Growler was right about you all along!!!!

Forgot about the killer dobermans we en counted today... pretty trippy.

Alfie's nose is all swollen..

Winnie
5th January 2014, 10:17 PM
Who is the bloke in the blue vest giving the double bird?

Always good to put faces to online names,especially as i`ll never meet you guys.

That's George mate, or Alitis.

fracster
5th January 2014, 10:20 PM
That's George mate, or Alitis.Cheers Winnie, who are the guys stood looking at the white Patrols engine bay?

Winnie
5th January 2014, 10:24 PM
In order is roofy, RLI, mudski, mudnut and mudnutette

mudski
5th January 2014, 10:25 PM
Great pics BA. You makin'me jealous....I am bloody spewing that I didn't go but when the boss speaks up I have to listen....Anyhow Darren. I would love to do trip down that way again. I have worked all through that region and never been able to go off road. The high country is certainly beautiful, but I think the Ottways is pristine. Very magical...

mudski
5th January 2014, 10:27 PM
Cheers Winnie, who are the guys stood looking at mudski's awesome engine?
Fixed that for ya fraccy.

fracster
5th January 2014, 10:28 PM
In order is roofy, RLI, mudski, mudnut and mudnutette

I see RLI is stuffing his face with fodder...............:clapping:

fracster
5th January 2014, 10:31 PM
Fixed that for ya fraccy.Cheers fella, i`l know for future reference...................:tease:

mudski
5th January 2014, 10:32 PM
I see RLI is stuffing his face with fodder...............:clapping:

Yeah! I was either food or beer, or both the whole time I was there....

Winnie
5th January 2014, 10:32 PM
Great pics BA. You makin'me jealous....I am bloody spewing that I didn't go but when the boss speaks up I have to listen....Anyhow Darren. I would love to do trip down that way again. I have worked all through that region and never been able to go off road. The high country is certainly beautiful, but I think the Ottways is pristine. Very magical...

Were you in trouble when you got home on Saturday??

mudski
5th January 2014, 10:35 PM
Were you in trouble when you got home on Saturday??
Haha! She was o.k Got home in 44minutes. Thankfully I know where the camera's are and where the fuzz hide....

MEGOMONSTER
5th January 2014, 10:36 PM
Now that today is over and reading today's events, I said to the Missus that I wished I was there.
And she has the balls to say now,
"Why didnt we just go".
At first I had fire in my eyes but I think she was just saying it to get under my skin.
It was a busy day for us.
Glad everyone had a good time.

geoffayres
5th January 2014, 10:47 PM
Just spotted this thread...........bugger!!!

Could have made it, too.........sorry Paul.....

mudski
5th January 2014, 11:04 PM
Just spotted this thread...........bugger!!!

Could have made it, too.........sorry Paul.....
Hey, long time no see bud. How are ya?

geoffayres
5th January 2014, 11:07 PM
Hey, long time no see bud. How are ya?

Going OK, thanks. Disappointed I missed the big day, though. How about you?

You used those recovery points yet?

Irish
5th January 2014, 11:39 PM
George(blue singlet) is easy to spot. He has a permafag hanging out of his mouth, bloody human chimney, hahaha.

Do I spy Mickey T 35's on the ba mobile? I remember the days when all we thought we needed were 31s, haha.

Looks like everyone had fun:-)

PMC
5th January 2014, 11:52 PM
G’day lounge lizards!

Gee wiz what a day. I left my father-in-laws place this morning in Newtown at 8.30 am with my daughter Maddie, my dad (Jim) my sister (Julie) and her partner (Shawn). First stop around the corner for take away coffee from buz muz/muz buss fark it, whatever you call it. Coffees in hand we then RV’d with Craig (Mud-Nut), Tony (TPC) at the Barwon river caravan park, we then headed to Bunnings Warn-Ponds to RV with Darren (MudRunner) and family and the rest of the Victorian motley crew!

Whilst posing for the usual obligatory forum photos, a couple of young blokes were having trouble with their Mitsubishi Triton dual cab ute, da, da Darren (MudRunner) to the rescue, the poor folks looked sheepish and stunned to have the Nissan Patrol Forum members to help with their plight. Good onya Daza, you really are a good bloke and not a prick as AB, BloodyAussie, fracster, NP99, Trekster and the barmy Army would have you believe. Lol

Finally, we are off and running to the start our trip, a beautiful sunny morning (we all thought, until it turned to shite, typical Victorian weather scenario.) Fark me swinging trendsetters, we are all driving in the middle of nowhere, and the only traffic on the road was the Patrol forum convey (11 Patrols) and a lone cyclist, then out of nowhere appears a revenue chasing, dick-brain squeezer of a police speed camera vehicle. I could visualize the lazy scrote, drooling from his mouth, thinking all his Christmases had come at once, only to be disappointed when we all drove pass doing 90ks in a 100 km zone. I am thinking to myself, (fark the scum-bag, I hope the toe-rag chokes on his coffee and croissants’.) lol

Finally, we hit the farken dirt, pull over and air down our tyres; BloodyAussie takes a farken piss, (using his magnifying glass to find his dick of course, lol)

We are into it, 4x4ing in the Otway’s, a very impressive bit of country side, a few mud puddles to play in, a creek crossing and the odd steep climb, unfortunately whilst travelling through this pristine area, we stumbled on areas where lazy scum-bags had left rubbish, which really pissed off our group.

Then finally excitement occurred, firstly Darren gets a phone call from his wife stating that a dozen pissed women were giving her trouble at their new business in Barwon Heads (apparently theses bitches had started drinking Vodka at 8.00 am and turned up for a therapeutic massage pissed to the farken eye balls.) Then Andy (AB) a couple of minutes later gets a phone call from his wife informing him that a Tiger snake was knocking at their front door.) Then to top it all off, whilst the group was parked off the side of the road a cock-head driving a blue Navara dual cab had his three hunting dogs chasing him behind his vehicle, when suddenly they decided to farken dart off to taste BloodyAussie’s little Jack Russel dog.

Mayhem has the driver of the Navara ute hastily reverses back his car at a great rate of knots, then jumps out of his vehicle and try’s unsuccessfully to call his farken dogs off, when this fails, he decides to beat the living shite out of the dog choking on BloodyAussie’s dog. We had children present and it could have turned nasty if the dogs had turned on the young kids, folks there out there, the gene pool is definitely infected by dick-brains.

My fellow Lounge Lizards, it was a classic case of being in the middle of nowhere and been unable to help family when the shit was hitting the fan blades (I am thinking to myself, geez if only I was Superman, I would have beaten the owner of three hunting dogs to death with his dogs, flew down to Barwon Heads to belt the snot out of the 12 drunk lesbians and then headed down to AB’s home to have a farken snake sandwich for lunch) lol.

Speaking of lunch, we then headed to Barwon downs for lunch, from there we then headed to Dandos for a look and see. Whilst on the way to Dandos, someone in our group spots a bog hole, well fark me swinging trendsetters, this was like showing a red rag to a bull to BloodyAussie. He is off quicker than a goose can shit, wheels spinning he is gone, two minutes later the call comes over the radio, err I am bogged, then several laughs come over the radio, then comes the message, he got bogged at the start of the bog hole, the front wheels only. Johnathon’s new name became instantly, Bogathon. Lol

After site seeing at Dandos we then headed to Gellibrand to air-up our tyres and grab a quick coffee, whilst parked in the main street, freezing cold, farken pissing down with rain, I had my back to the traffic whilst airing-up the driver’s side front tyre on my Patrol. All of a sudden a farken semi-trailer decides to drive straight into a pool of water drenching me to the bone. (The prickkkk!)

Anyhow folks, I would like to personally take this opportunity to thank the Victorian forum members for showing my family and I a great time. They are a great bunch of Lounge Lizards! I cannot get over there camaraderie and good ole fashion hospitality. Thanks to all you, you made me a very happy and grateful man today!

PS, to top it all off, whilst driving home Australia flogged the Poms in the Cricket, 5 nil, poor ole fracster!

Kind regards,

Paul (RLI)

Irish
5th January 2014, 11:57 PM
The f*ck?! Is Alfie okay????

TPC
6th January 2014, 12:13 AM
(I am thinking to myself, if only I was Superman, I would have beaten the owner of three hunting dogs to death with his dogs, flew down to Barwon Heads to belt the snot out of the 12 drunk lesbians and then flew down to AB’s home to have a farken snake sandwich for lunch) lol.

Hahaha
That has to be one of the funniest things I have read on here, good onya Paul.

mudski
6th January 2014, 12:14 AM
What a good read by RLI. You make every sentence easy to visualize. In such a humouristic' manner too... Love it. Makes me even more spewin that I couldn't farkin go.

Drewboyaus
6th January 2014, 12:18 AM
The f!ck?! Is Alfie okay????

All good mate, the bloke jumped out of his ute expecting at least one of his dogs to be be lined up with a Winchester.
Total diçkhead. Not one of his dogs responded to his calls. Soooo well trained.

Maxhead
6th January 2014, 07:09 AM
Bogathon!!! love it Paul...Bwahahahahah

PMC
6th January 2014, 08:26 AM
G’day lounge lizards!

Gee wiz what a day. I left my father-in-laws place this morning in Newtown at 8.30 am with my daughter Maddie, my dad (Jim) my sister (Julie) and her partner (Shawn). First stop around the corner for take away coffee from buz muz/muz buss fark it, whatever you call it. Coffees in hand we then RV’d with Craig (Mud-Nut), Tony (TPC) at the Barwon river caravan park, we then headed to Bunnings Warn-Ponds to RV with Darren (MudRunner) and family and the rest of the Victorian motley crew!

Whilst posing for the usual obligatory forum photos, a couple of young blokes were having trouble with their Mitsubishi Triton dual cab ute, da, da Darren (MudRunner) to the rescue, the poor folks looked sheepish and stunned to have the Nissan Patrol Forum members to help with their plight. Good onya Daza, you really are a good bloke and not a prick as AB, BloodyAussie, fracster, NP99, Trekster and the barmy Army would have you believe. Lol

Finally, we are off and running to the start our trip, a beautiful sunny morning (we all thought, until it turned to shite, typical Victorian weather scenario.) Fark me swinging trendsetters, we are all driving in the middle of nowhere, and the only traffic on the road was the Patrol forum convey (11 Patrols) and a lone cyclist, then out of nowhere appears a revenue chasing, dick-brain squeezer of a police speed camera vehicle. I could visualize the lazy scrote, drooling from his mouth, thinking all his Christmases had come at once, only to be disappointed when we all drove pass doing 90ks in a 100 km zone. I am thinking to myself, (fark the scum-bag, I hope the toe-rag chokes on his coffee and croissants’.) lol

Finally, we hit the farken dirt, pull over and air down our tyres; BloodyAussie takes a farken piss, (using his magnifying glass to find his dick of course, lol)

We are into it, 4x4ing in the Otway’s, a very impressive bit of country side, a few mud puddles to play in, a creek crossing and the odd steep climb, unfortunately whilst travelling through this pristine area, we stumbled on areas where lazy scum-bags had left rubbish, which really pissed off our group.

Then finally excitement occurred, firstly Darren gets a phone call from his wife stating that a dozen pissed women were giving her trouble at their new business in Barwon Heads (apparently theses bitches had started drinking Vodka at 8.00 am and turned up for a therapeutic massage pissed to the farken eye balls.) Then Andy (AB) a couple of minutes later gets a phone call from his wife informing him that a Tiger snake was knocking at their front door.) Then to top it all off, whilst the group was parked off the side of the road a cock-head driving a blue Navara dual cab had his three hunting dogs chasing him behind his vehicle, when suddenly they decided to farken dart off to taste BloodyAussie’s little Jack Russel dog.

Mayhem has the driver of the Navara ute hastily reverses back his car at a great rate of knots, then jumps out of his vehicle and try’s unsuccessfully to call his farken dogs off, when this fails, he decides to beat the living shite out of the dog choking on BloodyAussie’s dog. We had children present and it could have turned nasty if the dogs had turned on the young kids, folks there out there, the gene pool is definitely infected by dick-brains.

My fellow Lounge Lizards, it was a classic case of being in the middle of nowhere and been unable to help family when the shit was hitting the fan blades (I am thinking to myself, geez if only I was Superman, I would have beaten the owner of three hunting dogs to death with his dogs, flew down to Barwon Heads to belt the snot out of the 12 drunk lesbians and then headed down to AB’s home to have a farken snake sandwich for lunch) lol.

Speaking of lunch, we then headed to Barwon downs for lunch, from there we then headed to Dandos for a look and see. Whilst on the way to Dandos, someone in our group spots a bog hole, well fark me swinging trendsetters, this was like showing a red rag to a bull to BloodyAussie. He is off quicker than a goose can shit, wheels spinning he is gone, two minutes later the call comes over the radio, err I am bogged, then several laughs come over the radio, then comes the message, he got bogged at the start of the bog hole, the front wheels only. Johnathon’s new name became instantly, Bogathon. Lol

After site seeing at Dandos we then headed to Gellibrand to air-up our tyres and grab a quick coffee, whilst parked in the main street, freezing cold, farken pissing down with rain, I had my back to the traffic whilst airing-up the driver’s side front tyre on my Patrol. All of a sudden a farken semi-trailer decides to drive straight into a pool of water drenching me to the bone. (The prickkkk!)

Anyhow folks, I would like to personally take this opportunity to thank the Victorian forum members for showing my family and I a great time. They are a great bunch of Lounge Lizards! I cannot get over there camaraderie and good ole fashion hospitality. Thanks to all you, you made me a very happy and grateful man today!

PS, to top it all off, whilst driving home Australia flogged the Poms in the Cricket, 5 nil, poor ole fracster!

Kind regards,

Paul (RLI)

G'day folks,

When i get back to Coffs Harbour i will burn a copy of the photo's i took and send them down to AB, so he can post them up on the forum for the members!

PS, once again thanks for a great weekend folks! I know, and i am glad, that i have made some more new friends for life!

Regards,

RLI

Bloodyaussie
6th January 2014, 08:38 AM
Ok Alfie is fine it was not that bad and the dogs were friendly towards us but thought Jack Russells made a nice snack.

The bloke was a nob and if he had not been so over the top it might have not been so chaotic.

As for the drive I really loved the mud sections and the bog hole......eerrrr did I mention I forgot I had a locker??????

I got stuck and asked for help and while I was setting up a recovery AB asked about my locker... derr I got back in turned the locker on and drove straight out.

Ab tried his best to get me to drive back in but there was no way it was deep thick mud that would swallow a car.

I really wished this had not been such a rushed trip and mentioned to the guys who have not come along on one of our 3-4 day trips what fun it is and how much they would enjoy themselves.

Our drive home was crazy and frustrating with Drew and myself driving on the wrong side of the road for long sections overtaking (George was calling the traffic ahead oh us) because a car would be doing 65kmh in a 100kmh zone!!!

Anyway we all made it home in one piece and hope the interstate guys have a safe journey .

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140105_135506_zpsfa9da2c1.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140105_135506_zpsfa9da2c1.jpg.html)

MudRunnerTD
6th January 2014, 09:35 AM
That's a pathetic photo Jonathan!!! You kinda dipped a toe in. Lmao.

Hehehehehehe

Sir Roofy
6th January 2014, 10:03 AM
Mmmmmmmmmm bogathon yep that suits him to a t

love it

Winnie
6th January 2014, 10:07 AM
Whilst on the way to Dandos, someone in our group spots a bog hole, well fark me swinging trendsetters, this was like showing a red rag to a bull to BloodyAussie. He is off quicker than a goose can shit, wheels spinning he is gone, two minutes later the call comes over the radio, err I am bogged, then several laughs come over the radio, then comes the message, he got bogged at the start of the bog hole, the front wheels only. Johnathon’s new name became instantly, Bogathon. Lol

I see he has not learned any better. You would have thought he would by now!

growler2058
6th January 2014, 10:16 AM
Johnno, there's a locker out there by 4wd systems (goannawhere products) called simply LoKKa. You should seriously think about such an item, no worries switching on or off. Great for those brain fart moments ;)

lucus30
6th January 2014, 10:49 AM
G’day lounge lizards!

Kind regards,

Paul (RLI)

Totally spewing I didn't come. God dammit why do I listen to the Ms??? Ok VIC guys when is the next one? I'm in like flynn!!!!

Winnie
6th January 2014, 10:52 AM
Australia Day weekend in the Brindabella Ranges.

matfew
6th January 2014, 12:12 PM
Hey boys,

Well I'm home all safe and sound. Poor patrol is in need of love. Diff is rooted. Dunno whats happened coz it really hasnt had a hard life but just as we got home it seemed to be acting like a lokker in the rear. sharps turns and lots of noises from the back. Lucky I got other diffs to go in so looks like they will be going in sooner rather than later lol.

Darren - Abi slept great through the night was asleep by 10ish I think. But woke about 530 n wasnt a happy girl. Shes been a bit "blocked up" and meds she is on seemed to kick in rather quickly you could say and yeah she wasnt a happy girl with all that going on.
Both myself and Sarah are very keen to get down there and look around. Even with the pics now I want to more haha. Looks stunning down that area. I drive through the otways a lil bit recently but for work so only bitumen roads but it really is a spectacular area.

Paul - Was really nice to meet you. Your a top bloke and thanks for the offer. I hope to be able to drop by and say hi late august up your way. Depending what way we decide to come home.

Everyone else again great to meet the new ones and great to catch up with the rest of you again.

Now time to spend some money and time and get the patrol ready for Brindies :D.

jack
6th January 2014, 01:33 PM
Great day had by all.
I have some good carcam footage of the morning mid track and also the run into Dandos in the wet. Trouble is they are about 6gig in size so I won't try and upload.
Anyone know of a free video editing program as I need to delete one section as we hit Lardners and remove the audio - wouldn't want to bore you all with mature age gentlemen discussions.

lucus30
6th January 2014, 01:52 PM
Australia Day weekend in the Brindabella Ranges.

Afraid that one will probably have to be out also as I'm getting married on the 1st so doubt she would be impressed if I nicked off just prior though it would be as good as a bach party could get

mudnut
7th January 2014, 02:43 PM
We had an absolute ball. Every ones' radio chatter had mudnutette and I in hysterics. I was very happy with the way the RB30 and the BFG rugged terrains, performed. but when it rained, I wish the tyres had a tad more bite. Being the only stock Q in the convoy, I had to spend ages using the high pressure wash in Colac as I think we lugged half of the Otways with us. Thank you, Darren, Paul and Andy, for organising this great trip.

jack
7th January 2014, 03:06 PM
Hey Mudnut,

Certainly was sticky stuff, I had another 100k to go from Colac and hit every puddle and still ended up with half an Otway hill in the back yard. Had the Karcher going for ages, and a stick to poke the real sticky stuff loose.
Very happy with the way the auto preformed, and agree a little more bite would have helped as I am still running the original factory AT's.

Bloodyaussie
7th January 2014, 03:08 PM
Yeah I must say that stuff sticks like shit to a blanket... I spent much longer than normal cleaning and yesterday looked under the car to find there was still heaps under there!!!! evil stuff!!!

MudRunnerTD
7th January 2014, 03:51 PM
Yeah. Nothing sticks like Otway Mud!!! Imagine what it was like cleaning the GQ after the Gates of Hell trip!!!! Insane!

TPC
7th January 2014, 04:59 PM
I just finished top dressing the back lawn with Otway mud, hope it doesn't kill the lawn like Njarkat mud does.

jack
7th January 2014, 05:00 PM
I just finished top dressing the back lawn with Otway mud, hope it doesn't kill the lawn like Njarkat mud does.
You'll have Tree Ferns and gums sprouting in no time, just need water (lots of it).

Stropp
7th January 2014, 05:17 PM
Hey boys,

Well I'm home all safe and sound. Poor patrol is in need of love. Diff is rooted. Dunno whats happened coz it really hasnt had a hard life but just as we got home it seemed to be acting like a lokker in the rear. sharps turns and lots of noises from the back. Lucky I got other diffs to go in so looks like they will be going in sooner rather than later lol.

Darren - Abi slept great through the night was asleep by 10ish I think. But woke about 530 n wasnt a happy girl. Shes been a bit "blocked up" and meds she is on seemed to kick in rather quickly you could say and yeah she wasnt a happy girl with all that going on.
Both myself and Sarah are very keen to get down there and look around. Even with the pics now I want to more haha. Looks stunning down that area. I drive through the otways a lil bit recently but for work so only bitumen roads but it really is a spectacular area.

Paul - Was really nice to meet you. Your a top bloke and thanks for the offer. I hope to be able to drop by and say hi late august up your way. Depending what way we decide to come home.

Everyone else again great to meet the new ones and great to catch up with the rest of you again.

Now time to spend some money and time and get the patrol ready for Brindies :D.

mate what oil did you put in the diff, as its a limited slip you need to use the correct oil or she will bind up just as you describe.

matfew
7th January 2014, 10:03 PM
mate what oil did you put in the diff, as its a limited slip you need to use the correct oil or she will bind up just as you describe.

Yeah right oil dont worry I'm not a newby to mechanical stuff. I know just about every bolt in the GQ now haha. Almost all have been undone and redone atleast once lol.

Anyways it wasnt just the binding up. That was only in low range 4x4 while at full lock. So I guessing the metal in oil was making it sound like that. I dropped the oil and its very metallic so my guess is one of the bearings has let go. The whine also indicates this and oil is now seeping from front pinion. But not overly stressed I swapping diffs over soon as I get me drop boxes anyways.

I put it to the missus last night if she wants to come or just wants to spend the weekend with her parents in wodonga so that has her thinking. Might be easier on us both as not sure how the lil one will go when we disappear for hours doing tracks etc. I dont wanna be holding everyone up when she needs changing or cracks the sads lol.

We'll see how we go.

PMC
7th February 2014, 07:25 PM
G'day lounge lizards,

Finally getting to sit down and watch a DVD of our Cape Otways trip.

PS, hoping to find another freebie photo site so i can load up the photos i took of the trip. Photobucket want to charge me $25.00 for me to continue using there site. Thats why i have not loaded up any photos on the forum for the last 4 months.

Regards,

RLI

oncedisturbed
7th February 2014, 07:56 PM
G'day lounge lizards,

Finally getting to sit down and watch a DVD of our Cape Otways trip.

PS, hoping to find another freebie photo site so i can load up the photos i took of the trip. Photobucket want to charge me $25.00 for me to continue using there site. Thats why i have not loaded up any photos on the forum for the last 4 months.

Regards,

RLI

Is that because of the number of photos youhave stored there?

MudRunnerTD
7th February 2014, 08:21 PM
Yeah wow!! Really!! I rarely go to photo bucket now but I have a heap of pics there?? Why do they want to charge you??

mudski
7th February 2014, 09:17 PM
Imageshack now charge $2 per month too.

AB
8th February 2014, 12:12 AM
Load it to the forum gents.

It shits me to tears on photobucket to open a photo in another browser.

MEGOMONSTER
8th February 2014, 12:20 AM
Load it to the forum gents.

It shits me to tears on photobucket to open a photo in another browser.

Me too, take me forever to load up as it is, let alone wait for another browser to ope

PMC
8th February 2014, 12:24 PM
Yeah wow!! Really!! I rarely go to photo bucket now but I have a heap of pics there?? Why do they want to charge you??

G'day mate,

Apparently they allow you 1 gig free storage, then when your reach that limit, they then want to charge you $25.00 per for the next the next upload storage amount. What amazes me is that photo bucket makes a fortune on advertising and sponsorship. Now they want to charge there clients that they are making money from already.

That is why i have not up-loaded anymore photos to the forum. I have over 200 photos to share with members on the forum, ie GU 4.2 turbo diesel injector pump and tuning photos, more mods that i have done to my patrol, Cape Otways photos and photo's of Coffs Harbour area.

PS, AB i will contact you for instructions on how to load direct to the forum mate!

Regards,

RLI

AB
8th February 2014, 08:20 PM
G'day mate,

Apparently they allow you 1 gig free storage, then when your reach that limit, they then want to charge you $25.00 per for the next the next upload storage amount. What amazes me is that photo bucket makes a fortune on advertising and sponsorship. Now they want to charge there clients that they are making money from already.

That is why i have not up-loaded anymore photos to the forum. I have over 200 photos to share with members on the forum, ie GU 4.2 turbo diesel injector pump and tuning photos, more mods that i have done to my patrol, Cape Otways photos and photo's of Coffs Harbour area.

PS, AB i will contact you for instructions on how to load direct to the forum mate!

Regards,

RLI

No probs mate, anytime!!!