PDA

View Full Version : fixed v adjustable panhard rods

89gqpatrol4x4
30th December 2013, 10:42 AM
Ok so after the top bush in the front panhard rod totally disintegrated yesterday I can't keep driving around with screwdrivers jammed in there! Now I have a 3 inch lift and was always planning on replacing the panhards, just not so soon. So what are people thoughts on adjustable vs fixed, bare in mind there is a $190 difference between the two from superior. Thanks

lhurley
30th December 2013, 01:16 PM
I have an adjustable superior rod, I guess I chose the adjustable over a fixed because I can get it right to what I have, and if I change set up, I can just make it longer. I think they are good from 2"-6". Kind of a buy it once deal

MudRunnerTD
30th December 2013, 01:23 PM
I run a 3" lift on the GUIV and still run the factory panards. The body is centred and I see no need to upgrade. See if you can find a second hand panard or just replace the bush.

89gqpatrol4x4
30th December 2013, 02:00 PM
I run a 3" lift on the GUIV and still run the factory panards. The body is centred and I see no need to upgrade. See if you can find a second hand panard or just replace the bush.

That was my other thought. Just replace the bushes.

TimE
30th December 2013, 02:25 PM

Same here, no problems (touch wood) in the 6 years I have run it this way.

89gqpatrol4x4
9th February 2014, 11:09 PM
Well should have just replaced the panhard rods! Yesterday driving up camp rd lcmp I managed to bend the rear panhard into a boomerang. Pushed the rear diff to the drivers side and when the tyre flexed up before I stopped it bent the SH*T out of my freshly cut and chopped rear guard!!!!! NOT HAPPY JAN

Stropp
9th February 2014, 11:52 PM
I have adjustable a on my 3" lift as the diff was way off centre when I put it on.

nissannewby
10th February 2014, 12:09 AM
I would always lean towards an adjustable (pardon the pun :p) as each individual vehicle has its differences and having the adjustment it will suit most setups.