PDA

View Full Version : Tracks in ballina (nsw)

megatexture
28th December 2013, 09:05 PM
We're staying in ballina for a week and for the life of me I can't find any local tracks ! If anyone can let me know of some that would be Awsome ! Pm me if you like.

Cheers ,

Troy

the evil twin
28th December 2013, 11:17 PM
I just got back to Perth from a visit 'back home' to Ballina. I was born there too many years ago to mention and the brother still lives there.

While I was there it was all sand work down the beach or getting to/from as I went fishing and then fished some more and when we got bored the Bro and I went... uuummmm... fishing (altho we did wimp it one day and went crabbing... yum yum)

The coastal area and foothills are really heavily populated these days so you'll prob need to head deeper into the mountains to find something. Sorry, I can't help much, maybe someone with a bit more current local knowledge knows a few spots

megatexture
29th December 2013, 09:52 AM
Cheers I might have to just look for some state forest on google or some tracks on google earth, hopefully someone else has some more suggestions also but I'll keep looking:cheers:

megatexture
30th December 2013, 10:53 PM
Bumpity bump lol

the evil twin
31st December 2013, 02:05 AM
Quit while your ahead and go fishing instead...
Both Beswicks and Patches Beach are fishing really well at the moment.
Fresh Pippies are the best bait if (like me) you can't catch beach worms.
Collect the pippies on the low tide as you fish the run in and I betcha you get a few

megatexture
2nd January 2014, 07:04 PM
Cheers, I've taken the tinny out a few times and ended up getting 12 ltrs of 2 stroke siphon its way out of the fuel tank as the fuel line center fell out gah !! Cleaned most of it up but it's been airing out and still farking reaks 3 days later, anything more than a 15 min drive in it and it gives you a headache!!

Let's just say there have been plenty of walks to the beach.

Oh and I'm ready to kill my brother inlaw...