PDA

View Full Version : GU preventative maintenance

philmar
25th January 2011, 07:54 PM
I have just purchased a GU111 2002 TDI with 90,000 k's. It appears to have been serviced occasionally, but the books are incomplete. I have always been a believer in preventative maintenance, but as we change our vehicles we need a little advice at times.
I am looking for suggestions re what to look for on these vehicles. I am a mechanic and have lots of knowledge on other vehicles but with advances in diesel design and electronics etc we get left out in the cold at times.
My first trip with the beastie returned 8.9 litres/100 k's so I feel she is running fairly well. Boost feels good, and at times I feel I am driving an auto as I hardly need change gear much at all, as it hangs in very well.
Anyway any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bob
25th January 2011, 07:58 PM
Hi Philmar and welcome. Join in the conversations and after 25 posts you will be entitled to download the Service Manual.

wildgu6
5th February 2011, 04:40 PM
Hey Phil, maybe this thread can shed a bit of light on the subject for you.
Its a great read, with a great deal of input by one of the most knowledgible resident mechanical gurus i have come across since been on this site....Tony (YNOT), I think its a credit to the man, all the knowledge and assistance he supplies to all the members.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1587-What-to-keep-my-eye-on-Preventative-Maintenance

Cheers Pete

felix
10th February 2011, 08:04 PM
thanks also it was good reading