PDA

View Full Version : Old Wal's slide on camper

Old Wal
20th December 2013, 04:03 PM
Thought that I'd post some pictures of my slide on camper.Been on a few trips - 90 seconds to setup ( without attaching any awnings ) Pretty much how I purchased it , only made a few mods to suit my ute. Still have to add extra batteries etc in near future.Was building one however finally conceded that I was never going to get it finished due to a combination of lack of time & the fact that my expectations exceed my abilities.

threedogs
20th December 2013, 04:08 PM
Looks great , now how heavy is it ?
Looks like you want for nothing as well which is always a good thing
Is That one of the "carry on" jobs from SA

macca
20th December 2013, 04:15 PM
Looks good Wal, 90 secs for the bed to be usable is real handy.

Old Wal
20th December 2013, 05:41 PM
The bloke I bought it off reckons that it weighs about 400 kg including 50 Ltrs of water - without fridge & personal stuff in it . Sounds about right - I will weigh it ( at the local tip weigh bridge ) one day. Only has 1 battery currently as he was running it off his second battery in Landcruiser. Not sure who built it , only that the bloke who I bought it from got it as shell ( frame only ) & finished it off himself. However he did get it in SA . Has 2 fridge slides & I wrangled an engel fridge out of him as part of the deal . Unfortunately my Waeco fridge is 10mm too high to fit under bed area. Good excuse to buy a new fridge I reckon.