PDA

View Full Version : cape york trip

piratepete
18th December 2013, 07:24 PM
hello fellow forum members i've been away for a while, now I'm back , i have just come back from the cape .
first day , stayed at lake-land downs pub , then stopped at hann river , mus-grave telegraph station , archer river then second night at weipa , had minor fule filter issue before arriving in weipa, this place has changed . went to a few old places i used to go to all the time, not much fish this trip.
onto bramwell junction ,top up fuel tank , $ 2.30 plt, at bamage $2.50 lt .up the old telegraph track with trailer , not as bad as I've been told , but heaps of fun , had booking for Elliot falls but the creek crossing very deep with soft bottom , turned chicken and headed up the by pass looking for another way in ,unable to find a way so went looking for virlya point turn off but some one stole the sign and we stayed at jardine river.
next-day back track and found the turn off and drove across the old wooden bridge . ( abit like the one on the bruce hwy near townsville ) stayed at virlya point for three days , had a ball then up to punsand bay, the best place on the cape, three days exploring this area, then down to jardine river and onto the old tele track / northern section / what a hoot , best drive i've ever had, crossed nolans brook , and the swamp, then ended up at Elliot falls then i had to cross the creek so i took the chance and wahoo ,great fun, water up to the bonnet , headed down to bramwell and then the nissan bug struck ,lost all power ,engine in limp mode , had an idea what the problem was but no spare parts , so four hr drive at 50 km into weipa , visited all the workshops and no part, can get one express post ,five days from cairns ,w.t. f.express , bull ###### , i contacted nissan in cairns ,had part so we had a long very slow drive back to cairns , ten seconds to change the part and away we go , f ####### air flow sensor , the thing that hurts the most is i said to my self weeks before we went , I'm going to buy a spare ,tomorrow , going back up next year , will have two spares , had a ball the cape is the place to go for a holiday.

growler2058
18th December 2013, 08:00 PM
Pics man pics pleeeeesse ;)

TPC
18th December 2013, 08:42 PM
Sounded like a great trip except for the sensor issue you had.
Need pics, we all love pics.

Jock
28th February 2015, 09:08 AM
What was the fuel filter issue about?

cheers Jock