PDA

View Full Version : best Breaking Strength kinetic rope for extreme desert stuck recovery

muaz1976
18th December 2013, 07:30 PM
few questions comes across any offroader mind:

Q1-what is the best trusted rope in the market ?

the only stuffs i found at google is:
A-bubba rope : http://www.bubbarope.com/
B-Master Pull rope : http://www.masterpull.com/
(you may know better brands, lets share your experience)

Q2-what is the proper rope rate for your vehicle (computation method) ?

Q3-is the rope will behave negatively with subject to stretch flexibility when the rope rate is too high ?

macca
18th December 2013, 07:54 PM
Dynema was an early synthetic to hit the Aussie winch market, it was expensive and paved the way for swags of cheap alternatives.
I bought a 10mm? rope from the states for half dynema's price in 2007 still have it and its working fine. Don't have a clue what brand it is.
It was equal or greater load rating to the steel winch cable I took off, my winch is 9500lb and rope is still in good nick.

happygu
18th December 2013, 09:46 PM
Mauz,

I waited and waited for this stuff called X-Line to come back onto the market, as it had the highest strength of all the synthetic ropes, but after waiting three years, I gave up.

I now have SuperMax Rope, as there isn't a whole lot of difference between all the good quality Dyneema / Dynamica Ropes.

Not sure of the brands near you - just get the highest spec you can find with UV Coating to make it last a little longer.

Using a Snatch Block will also ensure that you don't over stress your winch and rope.

I went for the largest / strongest rope I could fit ( 10mm - although the specs said I could use 8mm and still be OK ) .

I did this because as the fibres get dirty and sandy ( of which you may see a little sand from time to time ;) ), it will start to cut into the fibres, making the rope slightly weaker and weaker, and there is a lot of money invested in our trucks, and you want to be sure the rope doesn't break when you are hanging off the side of a hill.

Mic