PDA

View Full Version : HEY GUY'S CAN SOMONE TELL ME WHAT MODEL(MQ MK GQ etc) MY RIG IS PLEASE??!!!

MS29431
23rd January 2011, 05:29 PM
Hey guy's hope all is well out there....hope you got out and had fun over the christmas new year period...... Just wondering what model my patrol is ive had arguments over it at 4x4 accessory stores latley and need to confirm its an '86 sd33 swb non turbo 5 speed i just need to know if its mk mq gq etc any help would be appreiciated thank's

AB
23rd January 2011, 06:41 PM
Definatly not a GQ, I'll have to say a 1986 MK...

Anyone else?

YNOT
23rd January 2011, 08:27 PM
Square headlights looks like MK to me. Hopefully Tim will be on in a few hours to confirm or correct.

Tony

MudRunnerTD
23rd January 2011, 10:01 PM
Yeah mate, as others have said its NOT A GQ. It's an "M" something but not sure whether its a MK or MQ?

XLR8
23rd January 2011, 10:55 PM
Square headlights suggests MK, although I thought all MK SD33 post 85 were Turbo? Does it have 4 or 5 spd? Not saying this is the case but I have seen plenty around where body swaps were done due to serious rust. Do you have the VIN and have you checked it against the chassis number? Your local dealer should be able to tell you by punching the VIN in to FAST

MS29431
24th January 2011, 06:39 PM
Thankyou!! it's been kicking around the family for 11 - 12 years now and ive always had trouble getting parts for it (as i've done all the servicing on the thing.) and everyone's got there own ideas on what model it is..... Before we bought it it was in a rollover so i'd say it had a round headlight front, i've come to this conclusion for the following reasons: the inner guards have obvious signs of crumpling and left hand side has had a split welded up, and also the parker globes in the headlight itself bottom out on the nose cone panel behind the grille and there not even connected its only got the lower parkers connected, its also got a five speed, once again guy's thank's heaps for your assistance it probably saved a punch up or two but any more info you can provide would be a great help. MS

MS29431
24th January 2011, 06:40 PM
Thankyou!! it's been kicking around the family for 11 - 12 years now and ive always had trouble getting parts for it (as i've done all the servicing on the thing.) and everyone's got there own ideas on what model it is..... Before we bought it it was in a rollover so i'd say it had a round headlight front, i've come to this conclusion for the following reasons: the inner guards have obvious signs of crumpling and left hand side has had a split welded up, and also the parker globes in the headlight itself bottom out on the nose cone panel behind the grille and there not even connected its only got the lower parkers connected, its also got a five speed, once again guy's thank's heaps for your assistance it probably saved a punch up or two but any more info you can provide would be a great help. MS

MQ MAD
24th January 2011, 07:47 PM
The grill (Rectangle headlights)MK
The 3 coloured taillights,there MQ (MK have seperate indicators lense,and the top lense on the MK will be red,not amber)
86 will be MK
5 speed denotes possibly MK also
They did make a non turbo SD33 in the MK range
Most parts like grill,tailights,steering wheel,front stone tray ect are interchangable between the MQ/MK
12V diesel usually is MK
24V diesel usually is MQ
ID numbers is best for factory recognition

AB
24th January 2011, 09:10 PM
The 3 coloured taillights,there MQ (MK have seperate indicators lense,and the top lense on the MK will be red,not amber)
86 will be MK
Most parts like grill,tailights,steering wheel,front stone tray ect are interchangable between the MQ/MK
12V diesel usually is MK
24V diesel usually is MQ

Nice reply mate!

patch697
25th January 2011, 01:31 PM
^^^^^ X2 & im surprised Tim hasn't found this one?????

MS29431
25th January 2011, 06:20 PM
WHOA! Thanks guys! it was like being in an information gun fight i've just started using this forum site i'm pretty new to the whole thing and did'nt know how it all worked...Well Its 12v, Tail light's Amber at top, 1986 Build, Rectanle Headlights have parkers in it, That are not used due to them being at the base of the unit and terminals are hitting hard on the nose cone/radsupport u know what i mean, But parkers with the indicaters, lwr left, lwr right at front, SD33 5spd (MQ With MK Front Perhaps) as ive previous said it has fairly obvious signs of a repaired rollover but my father bought it from a car yard over 12yrs ago and has'nt been till now that ive Exposed its seady past after acuiring it its good to see some people that know there stuff and what im talking about for a change!, Where do i find out what my prefex's on the plates stand for Options and wotnot to finaly confirm what is??? Thanks alot again. Mike

MQ MAD
25th January 2011, 06:48 PM
You can send via PM your ID numbers to me,i can check for ya
Best NOT to put on a public forum
Id say itll be an MK without a doubt(1986 build)

There are ALOT of differences between the MQ and the MK,some a simple bolt up or swap
Some not so ,like the headlights for instance
(This mod alone requires radiator support mods to fit the rectangle headlights)

The rear taillights ,well you cant buy the MK type anymore,so many resort to the MQ (3 colour style)
There is some confusion regarding IF nissan ever called the later end MQ style the MK
Even some manuals refer to the series as MQ and from 1980-1987
It could perhaps be a code people use to help denote the different
The MK is maybe like an upgraded MQ if you like

Hope that makes it clearer for you
IF in doubt throw the question up

MS29431
25th January 2011, 07:04 PM
So it's like early transition from the old falcon xd to xe or commodore vb to vc so to speak, they bolt up but there are minor diff's as they sold/built runout model's to make way for the fully fledged New model, Thanks heaps you have bambuzled me with stuff but it has helped alot... Mike

Finly Owner
26th January 2011, 12:57 AM
86 will be MK
12V diesel usually is MK
24V diesel usually is MQ

I would agree 100%. I would even say it is an MK chasis and driveline with a MQ body fitted and MK grill swapped onto it. Just my thoughts.

Finly Owner
26th January 2011, 12:58 AM
^^^^^ X2 & im surprised Tim hasn't found this one?????
Been off for 2-3 days.

Finly Owner
26th January 2011, 01:00 AM
You can send via PM your ID numbers to me,i can check for ya
Best NOT to put on a public forum
Id say itll be an MK without a doubt(1986 build)

There are ALOT of differences between the MQ and the MK,some a simple bolt up or swap
Some not so ,like the headlights for instance
(This mod alone requires radiator support mods to fit the rectangle headlights)

The rear taillights ,well you cant buy the MK type anymore,so many resort to the MQ (3 colour style)
There is some confusion regarding IF nissan ever called the later end MQ style the MK
Even some manuals refer to the series as MQ and from 1980-1987
It could perhaps be a code people use to help denote the different
The MK is maybe like an upgraded MQ if you like

Hope that makes it clearer for you
IF in doubt throw the question up

Nissan does have MK listings and Manauls for them. And tail lights are available for MK

MQ MAD
26th January 2011, 09:20 AM
Havent seen the MK top tail light lense NEW for a very long time
The main taillight housing is the same just the lense and wire slight difference
The seperate indicator housing are rare as rocking horse poo as well
Most resort to the older MQ style taillights if changing the rear bar ,as the seperate indicator is in the factory rear bar
There are listings for MK in some books/parts reference books
We could go on for ages between the differences
But for clear clarity and being a 1986 , go with MK
Ive got 2 of each model/version here and im surprised of the slight differences

damianovdd
26th January 2011, 10:14 PM
I don`t know if this will help you, but here:
http://www.japancars.ru/cat/nissan/
follow this link (it is in russian, but i can translate it for you).
To use the page, copy and paste your nissan`s vin number in the first field (vin код). It will then display a little bit info for your nissan.

Here some info for mine from this site:

VIN: *****************
Модель (model): *******Y61********
Название (name): PATROL(GR)
Серия модели (series model): Y61
Дата выпуска (release date): 10.1998
BODY: WAGON
ENGINE: RD28TI TYPE ENGINE
SEAT: EUR CENTER 5P
GRADE: GR TYPE
TRANS: MANUAL TRANSMISSON
Код региона (region code): EL1
Внешний цвет (exterior color): 7T3
Внутренний цвет (interior color): K

Hope that help you :)

Finly Owner
26th January 2011, 10:16 PM
Havent seen the MK top tail light lense NEW for a very long time
The main taillight housing is the same just the lense and wire slight difference
The seperate indicator housing are rare as rocking horse poo as well
Most resort to the older MQ style taillights if changing the rear bar ,as the seperate indicator is in the factory rear bar
There are listings for MK in some books/parts reference books
We could go on for ages between the differences
But for clear clarity and being a 1986 , go with MK
Ive got 2 of each model/version here and im surprised of the slight differences

Fot taillights for MK try after market at Panel House Slacks Creek

simmo_88
5th February 2011, 05:10 PM
x200 for mk haha

Budjen98
25th May 2011, 09:38 PM
I had an old MQ it had the round head lights and was also 24V, I reackon yours is a MK with the square head lights. But maybe it is a bit of a bitser. They are awesome 4bees I just had to sell mine because of you know who. ( the hand brake).