PDA

View Full Version : Aldi Go Cruise GPS - adding maps?

11th December 2013, 10:52 PM
I have a 5" Go Cruise gps sitting under the Christmas tree and wanted to know if you can add 4wd maps to this device.

Is this possible, any info or links welcome.

Steve.

threedogs
12th December 2013, 06:30 PM
You'll have to wait till santa hands you the instruction booklet Ho Ho Ho

12th December 2013, 07:00 PM
Ho Ho Ho, nice one three dogs.

It got the better of me and I strategically opened the present last night and had a look through the instruction booklet. It has a micro usb port but apart from that no further info.

Has anyone any experience with this GPS

NissanGQ4.2
12th December 2013, 07:12 PM
It got the better of me and I strategically opened the present last night and had a look through the instruction booklet.

Someones been naughty!, Santa might just take that present back *L*

threedogs
12th December 2013, 07:54 PM
That micro USB will be your 12v cig outlet

Winnie
12th December 2013, 07:56 PM
That micro USB will be your 12v cig outlet

Inlet you mean. It will charge from that but will also be used for data transfers to the computer.

Clunk
12th December 2013, 08:34 PM
Guess you'll just have to wait for Christmas day for your answer and let that be a lesson to you

oncedisturbed
13th December 2013, 05:18 PM
If it runs WinCE, you can load OziCE (oziexplorer) or unlock it further with Mio-pocket and be able to add multiple mapping programs on it

15th December 2013, 02:35 AM
Thanks oncedisturbed,

This looks like the go.

http://www.gpsaustralia.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=152

Also, I meant to say the unit has a micro sd. Will check on the WinCE.

liftlid
15th December 2013, 10:29 AM
If it doesn't have an SD card slot it possibly won't have enough internal memory space to install other maps etc.

oncedisturbed
15th December 2013, 10:30 AM
That's it, I have v3 on an old Navman s30 and works very well

Drewboyaus
15th December 2013, 11:57 AM
Thanks oncedisturbed,

This looks like the go.

http://www.gpsaustralia.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=152

Also, I meant to say the unit has a micro sd. Will check on the WinCE.

I would think it almost certainly runs WinCE. Almost all do.

30th December 2013, 10:05 AM
Well, Back to Aldi with the Go Cruise. The map will not appear on the navigation screen, the AUS and the NZ maps are loaded on the device but it says it is not licensed. On the main nav screen it says "Out of road".

I downloaded Ndrive and checked for updates, device is up to date. Then I registered the device but the Ndirve website would not accept the serial number of the device.

The telephone support just said to do as I have done above and when I said I had they said take it back to Aldi for exchange. Given that this item was on sale at the beginning of the month, I doubt they will have a replacement.

The 5 inch screen is also probably a little to small so I will look for a device around the 7 inch size.