PDA

View Full Version : models info

scrawn
22nd January 2011, 07:17 PM
whats differences between RX DX Ti and so on

YNOT
22nd January 2011, 08:16 PM
DX is base model. Vinyl floors and door trims, manual windows, some wagons have bench seat in front (GQ), manual locking hubs.

RX (only in GQ)has carpet flooring, ST trim but manual windows, electric mirrors, sway bar disconnect, manual locking hubs, optional wide wheel pack.

ST has carpet flooring, electric windows, electric mirrors, sway bar disconnect (GQ), auto locking hubs, standard wide wheel pack.

TI has "luxury" carpet, electric everything, chrome mirror housings and rear bumpers, auto locking hubs, swaybar disconnect (GQ) standard wide wheel pack. Some GQ had optional leather interior (standard on GU), dual air conditioning and vacuum operated rear diff lock

That's the main differences, there were some variances with early and late models that differ from the above.

Tony

the evil twin
22nd January 2011, 09:36 PM
Handy reply YNOT... :bananarock:

My '94 RX didn't have factory sway bar disconnects but as you mention there was a variance thru the years and maybe with "packages" and "promotions" from time to time as well I spose.

DX grunt
22nd January 2011, 09:40 PM
DX is base model. Vinyl floors and door trims, manual windows, some wagons have bench seat in front (GQ), manual locking hubs.

Tony

That'd be me. The 'hose out model' or as some would call it....'a poverty pack'.

I love it. I actually get exercise by getting out of my truck and manually locking/unlocking the hubs.

It helps with my fatigue management too. lol

the evil twin
22nd January 2011, 10:04 PM
The other advantages to manual hubs as well, Ross ... if you have a mechanical locker you can unlock one side on slippery clay ... and a big one is if you want to do some low speed manouvering when reversing trailers into tricky spots you can leave the Hubs unlocked and select 4L and still be in 2WD and creep around without riding the clutch... makes getting into some tricky spots an absolute breeze.

YNOT
22nd January 2011, 10:29 PM
That'd be me. The 'hose out model' or as some would call it....'a poverty pack'.

I love it.

For anyone else who would like a hose out floor in their Patrol check these guys out; www.qmcc.com.au

Front and rear moulded vinyl flooring $420, cargo area mat $160 (cargo mat only available for GU at the moment, but their range is always expanding).

Tony

AB
23rd January 2011, 08:38 AM
Does every TI model have a vacuum operated rear diff locker?

I saw one the other day which had the rear lock but have just found one for sale up in Ballarat (havent seen it yet) but Redbook doesnt mention anything about the locker.

Link to Redbook on 1991 GQ TI = http://www.redbook.com.au/used-cars/details.aspx?R=92237&__Qpb=true&Cr=14&__Ns=p_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cp_ClassificationType_S tring%7c0%7c%7cp_Family_String%7c0%7c%7cp_Year_Str ing%7c1%7c%7cp_SequenceNum_Int32%7c0&__N=2994%204294947575%204294843663%204294965382&silo=1300&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=23&__sid=12D051C34D15

It just mentions LSD.

*******EDIT*****

Just read your post better...lol...Optional Diff Locker, dual A/C and leather....lol

Bigrig
23rd January 2011, 08:42 AM
Does every TI model have a vacuum operated rear diff locker?

I saw one the other day which had the rear lock but have just found one for sale up in Ballarat (havent seen it yet) but Redbook doesnt mention anything about the locker.

Link to Redbook on 1991 GQ TI = http://www.redbook.com.au/used-cars/details.aspx?R=92237&__Qpb=true&Cr=14&__Ns=p_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cp_ClassificationType_S tring%7c0%7c%7cp_Family_String%7c0%7c%7cp_Year_Str ing%7c1%7c%7cp_SequenceNum_Int32%7c0&__N=2994%204294947575%204294843663%204294965382&silo=1300&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=23&__sid=12D051C34D15

It just mentions LSD.

There are definite variations - I have a Ti with no chrome covers on the mirrors and no factory diff lock. Everything else that opens and shuts though ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AB
23rd January 2011, 08:47 AM
Cheers Scotty, I didn't read Tony's post properly...lol...On one of the TI's I saw had the rear A/C mounted on the roof just behind the rear seats with it's on condenser, etc with a cooler box in the back.

That would be pretty neat for the kiddies on long trips as it blew frosty cold air in the back.

A lot better then stuck in the back of my old mans Hilux in the 80's at the Simpson with sticky vinyl seats and no A/C and Dad's seat pushed right back into my stomach...lol....Those were the days!!!

Bigrig
23rd January 2011, 08:58 AM
Cheers Scotty, I didn't read Tony's post properly...lol...On one of the TI's I saw had the rear A/C mounted on the roof just behind the rear seats with it's on condenser, etc with a cooler box in the back.

That would be pretty neat for the kiddies on long trips as it blew frosty cold air in the back.

A lot better then stuck in the back of my old mans Hilux in the 80's at the Simpson with sticky vinyl seats and no A/C and Dad's seat pushed right back into my stomach...lol....Those were the days!!!

The air con rack on the roof and the chillier box (as well as factory lockers) were post 93 options - my brother just bought a 94 Ti which apart from colour is identical to look at as mine, but he has those options listed above. His is an early 94 model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scrawn
23rd January 2011, 11:53 AM
thanks for that had a look before and nowhere really tells you the info straight up

ripper
24th January 2011, 11:54 PM
This is interesting and confusing.
Ours is an 89 DX (based on the VIN number) and I know it's had some mods by previous owners, but other things I think would've been factory. It has carpet and sway bar disconnect, also a factory locker. Cloth seats and matching fabric inserts on the door trims, and head rests on the middle row of seats but not the last row. It also has chrome rear bumpers but black manually operated side mirrors, and manual hubs. It originally had manual windows.