PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: gu Ute seatbelts/hardware

P4trol
8th December 2013, 07:16 PM
Hi, still doing the reverse of what everyone else is doing - putting the 3/4 seat from a GU ute into my wagon.

I have the seats, but would like to get the seatbelts, and more importantly the bolts and hardware used to bolt them to the floor in the Ute.

Do YOU have these bits lying around?

GrumpyOldFart
8th December 2013, 08:07 PM
P4trol
Let me have a look in the shed.
Have just got back from out bush and I have this vague memory that I kept those bits when I did my swap.
Could even have the console and handbrake!

Dru

P4trol
8th December 2013, 09:26 PM
Wow! That would be great!

GrumpyOldFart
9th December 2013, 07:52 PM
Had a look today and I can only find the seats & centre console!
Bugger

If you are not in a big hurry and no one else can help, there is a ute out bush I have been getting parts off. Fairly sure the centre seatbelt and bolts are there. Might be two or three weeks though, about 2000 km away at Tjukurla.

P4trol
9th December 2013, 11:24 PM
I'll post up here if I find anything in the meantime.

P4trol
24th December 2013, 03:41 PM
Update: No joy so far.

I have finally achieved permission to make the change. This has taken a stupid amount of time and basically asking the rego mob until they made up their minds on how they would accommodate it.

Found out where I'm bolting the seatbelts. The easiest option is if I can find the front left passenger seatbelt stalk (female receiver) and middle passenger seatbelts (male and female parts) from a GU DX ute. Bolts would be very handy.

threedogs
24th December 2013, 03:45 PM
Give Cuppa a pm he just put buckets in his ute

P4trol
24th December 2013, 03:56 PM
Ok, will do. He hasn't spoken to me since my rant about grey nomads...

Cuppa
24th December 2013, 05:19 PM
Ok, will do. He hasn't spoken to me since my rant about grey nomads...

Strewth, forums are great, but it can be a bit too easy to make wrong assumptions sometimes. I can't recall what you had to say about grey nomads, & whatever it was, regardless of whether I agreed or not, would not be a reason for me to not speak to you. I do mix in grey nomad circles, but am often the first to remind many of them how they are seen by other sectors of the travelling public. Comments that have been made on this forum have been quite helpful in that respect. So I haven't been deliberately avoiding you. Apologies if I have inadvertantly given that impression.

As for the seat stuff, sorry but I can't help. I did a complete swap with a bloke who had an ST ute, so no bits left over.

Cuppa

EDIT. I just found the post I think you refer to at http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?21516-The-increasing-loss-of-free-camps and think it was both a valid & a good contribution to the discussion. I agree with much of what you wrote, & had I not have done would likely have found a way of saying so at the time.

threedogs
24th December 2013, 05:34 PM
bob's grey lol

P4trol
24th December 2013, 05:43 PM
It wasn't until just after that I discovered you had a bus...

But thankyou for your help, I've PMed the bloke in the referenced thread in the PM.

threedogs
24th December 2013, 06:03 PM
You might want to try BA he is stripping a GQ and may have the bits you need still

P4trol
24th December 2013, 06:15 PM
Hoping for Gu, as the seatbelt tongue is different between them.