PDA

View Full Version : ZD30 air box, just the lid is all I need...

mudski
8th December 2013, 07:05 PM
Hey peoples. I need a ZD30 air box lid. I want to modify one but at the same time I need my car so it would be much easier if I had a spare to do then I can swap them over when its done.
If you have one. Lemmeknow!

Cheers.

threedogs
8th December 2013, 07:08 PM
I'm going to a shop tomorrow that may have one, just the lid eh

mudski
8th December 2013, 07:20 PM
Yeah just the lid mate.

threedogs
8th December 2013, 07:22 PM
Should know before lunch time, if he's got one I'll just grab it for you

mudski
8th December 2013, 10:07 PM
Depending on how much first bud. If its gonna cost a bit I'll just wait and look around.

happygu
8th December 2013, 10:32 PM
Hey Mudski,

Not sure what you are up to, but....
Here is a remote possibility for you - as this one is already designed for big horsepower - no need to muck around

http://hpdiesel.com.au/nissan-patrol/zd30-patrol/nissan-patrol-zd30-air-box-lid.

Mic

boots
8th December 2013, 11:29 PM
Watching this post with interest . keep us posted on your findings bud .

my third 256
9th December 2013, 04:23 AM
Hey Mudski,

Here is a remote possibility for you - as this one is already designed for big horsepower - no need to muck around

http://hpdiesel.com.au/nissan-patrol/zd30-patrol/nissan-patrol-zd30-air-box-lid.

Mic
i dont think at $395 its worth it

AB
9th December 2013, 08:36 AM
Bugger I just sold my old one which had a broken tab on the main unit, lid was fine...

threedogs
9th December 2013, 08:47 AM
@ Mudski wont cost anything IMO.
Is the high flow billet air housing what you have.

Don't get me wrong but now your 1/4 miles times will be 22seconds instead of 22.5.
Cant justify spending up on a piddly 3ltr turbo, might be wrong, rather put the money towards "portals"

happygu
9th December 2013, 09:05 AM
i dont think at $395 its worth it

Ha, Ha ....... My third, I didn't say I was buying one .......

mudski
9th December 2013, 09:16 AM
Hey Mudski,

Mic
At $395 they can lick my left one. I saw that and was tempted but not at that price. It would be better just to buy the PatrolDocta Hi flow complete airbox for $450 or what ever it is. I like to do things myself if I can. I have a better feeling of satisfaction that I did it and it cost me a lot less.

mudski
9th December 2013, 09:17 AM
@ Mudski wont cost anything IMO.
Is the high flow billet air housing what you have.

Don't get me wrong but now your 1/4 miles times will be 22seconds instead of 22.5.
Cant justify spending up on a piddly 3ltr turbo, might be wrong, rather put the money towards "portals"
Well John I drive my car everyday and do a fair few miles too. I get bored...

my third 256
9th December 2013, 09:19 AM
Ha, Ha ....... My third, I didn't say I was buying one .......was only commenting on the price

threedogs
9th December 2013, 09:20 AM
Fair enough,,,,,,,,,,, again is that the billet air flow metre adaptor you are using?? the HP diesel

mudski
9th December 2013, 01:17 PM
Yeah mate...I can bolt it straight up to the lid now but where the four threaded square washers are in the plastic housing are spinning when I try to unbolt it from the maf housing. So I thought no better time than now to do it properly.

threedogs
9th December 2013, 01:50 PM
Sorry Mudski my contact didn't have one

happygu
9th December 2013, 06:01 PM
At $395 they can lick my left one. I saw that and was tempted but not at that price. It would be better just to buy the PatrolDocta Hi flow complete airbox for $450 or what ever it is. I like to do things myself if I can. I have a better feeling of satisfaction that I did it and it cost me a lot less.

Yeah .... I thought you would love the price.

Just because it is car related, they think it is a good place to make some fast cash ..... then again if I went to make this myself, it would probably cost me that much in time ( if I decided to charge myself that is )

mudski
9th December 2013, 07:26 PM
Sorry Mudski my contact didn't have one
Thanks for trying anyway bud. Much appreciated. This is why this placed is so good. Others willing to help others out....

Yeah .... I thought you would love the price.

Just because it is car related, they think it is a good place to make some fast cash ..... then again if I went to make this myself, it would probably cost me that much in time ( if I decided to charge myself that is )
I can see why they charge that as I don't think it would be cheap to get one made up, plus they have to make money too. After all it is a business they are running. But it is a lot of money...