PDA

View Full Version : Knockwood reserve and along jamieson-woods point road

Bob
2nd December 2013, 02:44 PM
Just spent the Weekend at Knockwood Reserve on Gaffneys Creek and it was an exceptional place to Camp. New Toilets (Long Drop) and the Area was well Mown and very clean.
Cannot recommend more highly as a Bush Camp for Families together with other Camps along this Road
Also has some 4WD tracks in the area with varying degrees of difficulty
Snake Edwards Reserve-Picnic Point Reserve-Blue Hole Reserve and Twelve Mile Reserve
All of these Camps are well maintained and clean
Location on Jamieson to Woods Point Road
GPS Co-ordinates are :-
146 Degrees 13'45" E
37 Degrees 26'3" S

Thanks to Roofy & Jane for their Company on the Weekend

BTW I towed our Pop Top Caravan in without any issues. Last 15 K's was Gravel Roads

Some Pics

rusty_nail
2nd December 2013, 03:01 PM
shhhh bob! dont tell everyone! lol thats where we went in october! its a bloody ripper there!

threedogs
2nd December 2013, 03:05 PM
Yo Bob did you get a chance to wet a line?

Bob
2nd December 2013, 03:15 PM
Yo Bob did you get a chance to wet a line?

Not much just chilled out. Had a great relaxing Weekend

Bob
2nd December 2013, 03:18 PM
shhhh bob! dont tell everyone! lol thats where we went in october! its a bloody ripper there!

Yeah I knew that Mate. Just thought I would put up some Pics of the Facilities for people who want to take their Families Bush Camping.

You Guys put up the Pics of the Tracks

Winnie
2nd December 2013, 04:15 PM
Great campsite isn't it. Was my first time staying there and I have driven past but never really had a look in there. Picnic Point up the road is awesome too but the dunnies aren't as good.

MudRunnerTD
2nd December 2013, 06:09 PM
Glad you liked it Bob. Yes it's a Great location.

AB
2nd December 2013, 07:24 PM
Great spot isn't bob!

Would be a ripper spot for a very large group too, flat and nice toilets.

Ben-e-boy
2nd December 2013, 07:48 PM
Yep. I wont say no to camping there again that for sure.:D

Sir Roofy
2nd December 2013, 07:58 PM
Hi Bob. Jane here. You forgot to tell everyone the funny story of when Roofy fell in the river and Lorraine had to save him! And don't forget that annoying wombat that kept trying to get up the front step of your van. There were a lot of birds around. our favourite being the corrella that had an identity crisis thinking it was a magpie and saying hello to us. Lorraine was the only one game enough to go over and get as much info about everyones camping setups.Thanx Lorraine you kept us well informed!! It was great weather with great company!! We should go again :) Soon.

MudRunnerTD
2nd December 2013, 08:22 PM
Hi Bob. Jane here. You forgot to tell everyone the funny story of when Roofy fell in the river and Lorraine had to save him! And don't forget that annoying wombat that kept trying to get up the front step of your van. There were a lot of birds around. our favourite being the corrella that had an identity crisis thinking it was a magpie and saying hello to us. Lorraine was the only one game enough to go over and get as much info about everyones camping setups.Thanx Lorraine you kept us well informed!! It was great weather with great company!! We should go again :) Soon.

Every time I've been there I have near had it to myself! How many campers were there Jane? I reckon it could handle 100 without too much trouble.

AB
2nd December 2013, 08:26 PM

Good to hear from you Jane and a lot of us are sorry we missed it.

So....the truth is coming out with the weekend stories from the two...lmao

Tell us more!!!

Bob
3rd December 2013, 07:01 AM
That Wombat was me going to Bed after a few Drinks LOL

I was going to tell about how Roofy and I forded the Goulburn River with Water half way up the Windscreen and had to do a three point turn in the middle as the way out was blocked,

Other than that and pulling out 5 Toyota Landcruisers we had a rather quiet weekend

E&OE

Sir Roofy
3rd December 2013, 07:24 PM
Gee Bob. That sounds a bit hard to believe. Haha. Yes Its a great campsite. Would fit 100 or more people. Good weekend.

Maxhead
3rd December 2013, 07:30 PM
That Wombat was me going to Bed after a few Drinks LOL

I was going to tell about how Roofy and I forded the Goulburn River with Water half way up the Windscreen and had to do a three point turn in the middle as the way out was blocked,

Other than that and pulling out 5 Toyota Landcruisers we had a rather quiet weekend

E&OE

Gee Bob. That sounds a bit hard to believe. Haha. Yes Its a great campsite. Would fit 100 or more people. Good weekend.

Bwahahahha, you crazy blokes!!!! I also reckon you guys could drink any of those youngens under the table by the sounds of it...lol On ya boys and girls!!!

taslucas
3rd December 2013, 07:37 PM
I didnt recognise the creek photos because there was no rosco or Andy bathing

AB
3rd December 2013, 07:41 PM
I didnt recognise the creek photos because there was no rosco or Andy bathing

I just bought a cheapo above ground, there is plenty of action shots in the hills...lol

Bob, any photos of the yota recoveries?.....You know the rules..LMAO

Bloodyaussie
3rd December 2013, 08:28 PM
Yep. I wont say no to camping there again that for sure.:D

Mate I think you need to get down here when all the tracks are open and have some real fun!!!!!!!!!

AB
3rd December 2013, 08:37 PM
Mate I think you need to get down here when all the tracks are open and have some real fun!!!!!!!!!

Vic offroading is awesome thats for sure but their crawling up there is pretty damn cool I must say!!!

If Benny Boy sees this he will know what I mean.

Honestly us mexicans would love a trip up there with Benny showing us around. It is a completely different environment and I honestly learnt a shit load from those banana benders.

I changed my whole perception of driving as I just installed my lokka and drove it for the first time up there....Learnt a million lessons. Our environment down here is mostly slippery clay, rocks, mud, etc and need for speed style (which is needed in most of our tracks at "most" times but what I experienced up there was really fun!

I have really taken a fancy to crawling...lol

taslucas
3rd December 2013, 08:44 PM
Vic offroading is awesome thats for sure but their crawling up there is pretty damn cool I must say!!!

If Benny Boy sees this he will know what I mean.

Honestly us mexicans would love a trip up there with Benny showing us around. It is a completely different environment and I honestly learnt a shit load from those banana benders.

I changed my whole perception of driving as I just installed my lokka and drove it for the first time up there....Learnt a million lessons. Our environment down here is mostly slippery clay, rocks, mud, etc and need for speed style (which is needed in most of our tracks at "most" times but what I experienced up there was really fun!

I have really taken a fancy to crawling...lol

but what about meeeeeeeeee? :frown:

AB
3rd December 2013, 08:48 PM
but what about meeeeeeeeee? :frown:

I would actually really love to visit Tas and drive your car through all that mud...lol....That would be mad!!!!

Bloodyaussie
3rd December 2013, 08:51 PM
I am still thinking of maybe arranging a Tas trip... the true die hards will jump at it and even if it was only 4 cars going over it would be an awesome trip.

Its on my bucket list and somewhere near the top!!!

taslucas
3rd December 2013, 08:51 PM
I would actually really love to visit Tas and drive your car through all that mud...lol....That would be mad!!!!

Ive been planning the perfect week for a forum meetup in Tas since Knockwood. pair up and jump on the boat guys you'll love it:)

(Its not all mud)

GU CAMPER
3rd December 2013, 09:21 PM
I'm goin to spend a few months down at tassie exploring. Hopefully heading down that way early in January. No set plans for how long I will be there or where I'm gonna go

Will be in touch Lucas to see where you suggest going

Would be great to have a meet up over there. In sure there would be plenty to see and do.

taslucas
3rd December 2013, 09:34 PM
I'm goin to spend a few months down at tassie exploring. Hopefully heading down that way early in January. No set plans for how long I will be there or where I'm gonna go

Will be in touch Lucas to see where you suggest going

Would be great to have a meet up over there. In sure there would be plenty to see and do.

Get in touch with pearcy too. At 8000k's in 3 months, he's seen more than me!

GU CAMPER
3rd December 2013, 09:50 PM
Will also get in touch with Pearcey. I'm looking at doing all the touring stuff and as much of the harder stuff as possible. So if any of you can suggest some good tracks ( easy to more extreme ) and touristy stuff I'm all ears

I could be there a long time as I'm in no rush and have no plans. Just want to make my way around the country looking for good places to check out. Also looking for a good place to maybe call home once I'm done travelling

Bob
4th December 2013, 08:11 AM
Bob, any photos of the yota recoveries?.....You know the rules..LMAO

Sorry Andy I don't allow my Patrol to be in the same Pic as a Toyota.

It was hard enough for me to connect with a Recovery Strap You will just have to believe me LOL

Bloodyaussie
4th December 2013, 08:27 AM
Sorry Andy I don't allow my Patrol to be in the same Pic as a Toyota.

It was hard enough for me to connect with a Recovery Strap You will just have to believe me LOL

Do you feel dirty???