PDA

View Full Version : Exploring around Weipa

Barndillo
30th November 2013, 02:50 PM
I just recently moved to Weipa and am keen to catch up with someone who might know the local area. I'm still waiting for my troll to arrive, but am keen to start planning some adventures. Also my wife is going bonkers with the kids at home and doesn't know many other mums in town, PM me if you have a young family and like cooking meat over fire and cooling drinks in ice.

P4trol
30th November 2013, 04:17 PM
It would be getting late/wet for exploring there? We have a bit of rain from the 'ninja cyclone' last week. Drove my 'non-4wd' other car 5m through some resulting mud, and had to lap the block twice before the tyre tracks stopped following me into the driveway.

Where did you move from?

Barndillo
1st December 2013, 03:20 PM
Moved from Singleton NSW. I'm stuck with some tiny bitsashitty buzz box rental until my truck gets here, so pretty much stuck in town until then!!! Wet hasn't officially started, although I heard the development road might be closed now.

threedogs
1st December 2013, 03:25 PM
grab a rod and go flick some lures, some great Barra fishing around Weipa

Barndillo
1st December 2013, 04:48 PM
Not quiet sure it's Barra season yet. Off to the stubby shed this arvo to meet the local wildlife.

FNQGU
1st December 2013, 06:35 PM
Stay away from the Karaoke at the Albatross. Best not to be anywhere near the place. I have heard some banshee screams before, but Murri-aoke on a Friday night isn't for the faint hearted.

my third 256
2nd December 2013, 08:18 AM
this post gives you an idea of patrols in your area
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1006-NissanPatrol.com.au-Members-Map