PDA

View Full Version : Best iPad Mapping Software for Western Australia?

Cervantes
30th November 2013, 01:23 PM
Hi, I'm looking for some feedback and advice......

I'm considering buying an off road mapping/gps application for use on my iPad mini.

I have the tomtom app for around town, but want one specifically for off road tracks in WA.

So I would like to know who in WA uses which application and how would you rate it?

Also how expensive are the maps? For example the Hema app is expensive to buy, but comes with a full suite of maps. Other apps such as Memory Map are cheap of free, but you pay extra for the maps.

Am only likely to be touring in WA for the foreseeable future so the question is specifically regarding WA maps. A lot of the WA maps that I have seen lack detail and are considerably out of date. Detail and up to date accuracy are of prime importance over cost.

Many thanks

oncedisturbed
30th November 2013, 03:00 PM
Memory map is only free for the first 10 days. HEMA also have a new app for $50 now that is stream lined with maps and a small map purchase pack as well.

I use Mud Maps mainly but also have the normal HEMA app and several others like Motion X and the all have different maps and styles available.

Would pay to see if anyone near you has some installed and go through them to try before paying out

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app