PDA

View Full Version : Dash gauge pod

Burto
23rd November 2013, 04:19 PM
Here is a photo of my gauge pod, from left, oil pressure, water temp, voltmeter for 2 batteries, selected by switch on dash, Boost and EGT gauges, all wiring fitted between dash and screen and down to foot well via A pillar.

zmaster
3rd December 2013, 12:06 AM
Awesome job, wanting to do the same on the GQ, have the pod just can't work out how to get the wiring neat, it's a lot of wires.

Stropp
3rd December 2013, 02:56 PM
looks good burto, nice job

threedogs
3rd December 2013, 04:28 PM
awesome job you need to know whats happening under the bonnet ,not just a red light saying its broken lol
Is your UHF mounted in centre of dash??.

mudski
4th December 2013, 12:42 PM
TD its one of those units with all the controls on the hand peice. I have one too but my unit is hidden away and my hand peice simply plugs into the dash. The OP's unit you can see on the left of the steering wheel.

threedogs
4th December 2013, 01:19 PM
Cool same as mine, but don't get to use it much lately, thanks

ricster
28th May 2014, 10:41 PM
How did you mount the console onto the dash?

I want to make something similar but a little more streamlined over the whole dash with basically the same gauges. I was thinking of making it out of fibreglass and covering in a similar material.

Can you post a few pics of how you connected up the gauges in the engine bay please. I want to fit oil temp & oil pressure gauge, but not sure of how and where to connect it up

awyd
17th January 2016, 01:32 PM
people generally use velcro or double sided tape. Wires generally run out back down the vents on the dash.

Department of the Interior sell gauge pods like this for the GU. They're in Carss Park, Sydney.

Bigcol
17th January 2016, 01:36 PM
what Awyd is saying is..
have a look here

http://www.consoles.com.au/Nissan_Datsun_PatrolGU_choose_console.htm

threedogs
17th January 2016, 03:03 PM
You could run the wires under a dash mat, Im planning on doing it soon,
On the centre facia found room for a guaga or two as well, not sure which way to go
ATM