PDA

View Full Version : Inserting photos in threads

Burto
23rd November 2013, 02:05 PM
How do you insert a photo in a thread, looked in search, cant find the camera icon, nor find the select gallery, there must be a simple way,
Regards
Greg

growler2058
23rd November 2013, 02:14 PM
Instead of post quick reply click on "go advanced" then click the paper clip to load from your computer. Only upto 1000kb though I think per pic. Alternately use photo bucket or similar. Or easy as if you use a mobile device

Burto
23rd November 2013, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the response growler, I can see "go advanced" in the quick reply but it doesn't appear in the
post new thread',
Regards
Burto

growler2058
23rd November 2013, 02:35 PM
The paper clip icon is next to the smiley when you wan to post a new thread

NissanGQ4.2
23rd November 2013, 03:03 PM
When you post a new thread the attachment icon and the insert image icon should be displayed.

Are you using a pc or mobile phone, if using a mobile are you using the Motorculture App or browser?

Burto
23rd November 2013, 03:06 PM
Thanks, found the paper clip, browsed photos on my computer, selected 2 photos, up, uploaded 2 photos, they didn't appear in my test message, where they went I don't know , spent too much time on this already.
Thanks for your response
Burto

NissanGQ4.2
23rd November 2013, 04:42 PM
Thanks, found the paper clip, browsed photos on my computer, selected 2 photos, up, uploaded 2 photos, they didn't appear in my test message, where they went I don't know , spent too much time on this already.
Thanks for your response
Burto

After you select the paper clip icon, and select you photo's and then upload and close that window when completed, when you back in your text message ( post ) you must select the attachment icon again and this will bring up your photo's, the file names will look nothing like you computer file names, just click the file, you have to do it for each photo, if you want a more detailed clearer ( hopefully ) explanation just let me know.

MudRunnerTD
23rd November 2013, 07:20 PM
Hi mate.

I have been here a long time and also on another coue of forums. To this day I can't figure out how to host straight from my computer to the forum!

If your on a PC and all you pics are on the PC or Mac then I highly recommend starting a photobucket account for free. It will take you 5 minutes to setup then upload your pics to photobucket. Once they are ther then embedding them onto this forum is a single click. No resizing, no image size limit. Simple. Happy to walk you through once yo have the photobucket account setup.

Alternatively, since the development of the mobile App Tapatalk and Motorculture and the fact that 99% of new pics I take on my iPhone i now use MC to upload straight from my phone. Again a single click and your done.

Don't give up mate, I spent rediculous time trying to figure it out. Photobucket changed everything.

NissanGQ4.2
23rd November 2013, 07:25 PM
What Daz, its so simple from a PC

I have a photobucket account but very rarely use it

MudRunnerTD
23rd November 2013, 07:34 PM
What Daz, its so simple from a PC

I have a photobucket account but very rarely use it

Yeah I know I just gave up trying to figure it out when I realize how easy it is to do using photobucket.