PDA

View Full Version : trans control module

dune-mad-patrol
21st November 2013, 03:07 PM
Hey all, have any of you come across a buzzing noise from the tcm, as i have a 98 gu 4.5 auto and get a buzz when im driving and its coming from the left kick panel

Yendor
21st November 2013, 05:09 PM
Are you sure the buzzing is coming from the TCM?.

There are a couple of relays and circuit breaker mounted above the TCM that would more then likely be causing the buzzing noise.

NissanGQ4.2
21st November 2013, 05:35 PM
Yendor, on the GU's is there any relays in the left kick panel where he says the sound is coming from???? In the GQ's its just the TCM in the left kick panel

Yendor
21st November 2013, 06:15 PM
Yendor, on the GU's is there any relays in the left kick panel where he says the sound is coming from???? In the GQ's its just the TCM in the left kick panel

Not is the kick panel, but above the kick panel yes.

It could be something aftermarket mounted in the kick panel.

Yendor
21st November 2013, 06:41 PM
Todd, I amended my post. After I re-read it, I realised it could of been taken the wrong way.

No malice was intended mate.

Cheers Rodney

NissanGQ4.2
21st November 2013, 06:50 PM
Todd, I amended my post. After I re-read it, I realised it could of been taken the wrong way.

No malice was intended mate.

Cheers Rodney

Not taken the wrong way mate

I read it before you edited it and all good should of left your post as was.

And I know nothing about the GU's, and only going by memory ( lack there of ) there is no relays above the kick panel on the GQ's as far as I remember so though I would ask, not that I was doubting you.

Yendor
21st November 2013, 07:10 PM
No worries mate, it just seems that some people take me the wrong way.

Here is a photo of the blue relay in my GU that I am thinking the OP's noise might be coming from.

dune-mad-patrol
22nd November 2013, 11:35 AM
hey guys, thanks for that i will have to take a look at that and see whats up there, hope its just that, now i know they are there it could be a relay buzzing sound

dune-mad-patrol
23rd November 2013, 09:22 AM
hey, just thought i would let you all know, i found the issue, it is the gas control computer on the firewall, looks like its time for an upgrade
Thanks again for your help

NissanGQ4.2
23rd November 2013, 09:33 AM
hey, just thought i would let you all know, i found the issue, it is the gas control computer on the firewall, looks like its time for an upgrade
Thanks again for your help

Is it a continuous buzzing when engine running or just when you initially start the car, pretty sure my commohore's gas computer make a noise before starting.

dune-mad-patrol
23rd November 2013, 09:54 AM
it only does it on gas when on the throttle or over bumps etc and only sometimes, took it apart and it got a burn mark inside and the rest of the board is lifting