PDA

View Full Version : shock bushes

89gqpatrol4x4
16th November 2013, 09:54 PM
just trying to fit a set of three inch amada extreme shocks to the gq and I cant get the lower nut on as the bushes seem to big or there isn't enough thread on the pin. Can I put the bushes/rubbers in boiling water to soften them up so I can compress them or is there another way, any help appreciated thanks! this is for the front as the rear went in easy as!

BigRAWesty
17th November 2013, 10:59 AM
Has the rubber seated properly?
Also check thread length? Might be a reject.
Does it fit with old rubbers?? Might have bagged up the wrong size?

LachDiggityDog
17th November 2013, 01:09 PM
Maybe you could try using the search button before starting a thread?

mudnut
17th November 2013, 01:21 PM

G'day LDD, if you know of a thread, then please put the link on your post.

89GQ, try taking the washers off and start the nut on the thread. You may be able to compress the rubbers enough to get the nut started with the washers fitted.

89gqpatrol4x4
17th November 2013, 02:31 PM

LOL you have finally got to say it!

89gqpatrol4x4
17th November 2013, 02:32 PM
Has the rubber seated properly?
Also check thread length? Might be a reject.
Does it fit with old rubbers?? Might have bagged up the wrong size?

will go and have a look.

NP99
17th November 2013, 10:10 PM
Try this mate...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?21190-Front-shocks-compressing-bottom-bushes&p=383478

89gqpatrol4x4
18th November 2013, 05:27 PM
Try this mate...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?21190-Front-shocks-compressing-bottom-bushes&p=383478
Thanks mate, I got them in the end. I compressed top of bottom rubber then held it with vise grips then got a bit of pipe and cut into it so I could put the nut through the side of it then using a jack put it on the bottom washer and jaked it up to compress the bottom washer and the I could put the nut on through the cut out in the tube. wow what a pain in the bum. I watched mudrunners 4wd tv episode and they don't go on that easily at all!!!!!