PDA

View Full Version : Ford Maverick or Nissan GQ Wheel Arch Flares.

DAZZA88
14th November 2013, 07:26 PM
Hi all,
I am situated in Melbournes western suburbs, and are chasing two front and two rear GQ wheel arch flares & clips, I would really appreciate it if some one out there has some or knows some one who has them for sale if they could please contact me.

Thanks,
Much appreciated
DAZZA88

Clunk
14th November 2013, 09:00 PM
Ever thought about using flexi flares instead?

DAZZA88
15th November 2013, 05:34 PM
Hi Spank IT BABY !!!!! , thanks for the reply, What are flexi flares and where do you get them ?
appreciate the assistance.

Thanks

DAZZA88

my third 256
15th November 2013, 06:05 PM
or garden edging from bunnings
or these on ebay this is the link plenty different sizes
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/75MM-FLEXIBLE-WHEEL-ARCH-FLARES-FLEXI-RUBBER-SUIT-ALL-4WD-UNIVERSAL-2-WHEEL-SET-/261079305919?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc98a0ebf

NissanGQ4.2
15th November 2013, 06:15 PM
You won't find many second hand flares knocking about without some clips broken or missing all together, certainly are better off just getting flexi flares or using the bunnings garden edging.

Good luck with it

Cheers,

Toddie

sprdad
24th July 2014, 09:47 PM
Hi dazza I am not sure what is available in Aus but it is possible to buy new front and rear flares off the "Trade Me" site in New Zealand. As far as the clips they are still available from Nissan although expensive. I have just finished re-fitting my flares and basically used bolts and nylock nuts . These are easy to use on the rear flares as the back side is accesable. The front is more difficult to do unless you remove the guards and internal plastic liners although this is not a big job. Once you take the guards off the vehicle it is pretty simple to bolt the flares and liners to the guards before re-fitting to the vehicle. The plastic strip that goes between the guard and the flare usually shrink over time, I put mine in the oven on a low heat until they became soft and pliable and stretched them back to the original length using double sided tape to keep them stretched.
Trade Me is NZ version of E-Bay, hope this helps.

Good Luck, Lee

Scorpiovee
12th September 2014, 11:12 AM
Petrolling is scrapping a GQ wagon. Pics on here. Drop him an email. wadechalker@hotmail.com

rusty_nail
12th September 2014, 11:15 AM
Hi Spank IT BABY !!!!! , thanks for the reply, What are flexi flares and where do you get them ?
appreciate the assistance.

Thanks

DAZZA88

hey clunk, did your name used to be Spank IT BABY on here? hahahahahaa

Clunk
12th September 2014, 03:15 PM
hey clunk, did your name used to be Spank IT BABY on here? hahahahahaa

Nah mate, that was my dancing purple hippo