PDA

View Full Version : New lift kits

lhurley
9th November 2013, 07:06 PM
Hey all,

Just seen this on the superior site, new 2" armada lift kits for a bit over a grand.

http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=31_32_34_187&products_id=21326

This is a couple hundred cheaper then OME.

side note; i bought a 2" OME kit about a month and a half ago and its awesome. Armadas are known to be awesome too.

MEGOMONSTER
12th November 2013, 05:30 PM
Hey all,

Just seen this on the superior site, new 2" armada lift kits for a bit over a grand.

http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=31_32_34_187&products_id=21326

This is a couple hundred cheaper then OME.

side note; i bought a 2" OME kit about a month and a half ago and its awesome. Armadas are known to be awesome too.

Need to seriously make a decision on my lift.
Even Superior have too many options to make a real decision.

threedogs
12th November 2013, 05:36 PM
I think 4" flexi coils would be the go as they only look like a 2" lift and flex 4"
@ Mego I'd be talking to MR about the Flexi kit

lhurley
12th November 2013, 05:54 PM
Need to seriously make a decision on my lift.
Even Superior have too many options to make a real decision.

It took me a long while. I am happy with how my new ome 2" performs on and off road, but I probably would of bought the armada kit had it been available. It's a few hundred cheaper and superior make really good products. If your struggling, grab a set of ome you'll be happy with the decision, feeling adventurous or wanting to be nice to your wallet shop around, talk to trusted 4x4 people, they will help. I'm always hearing about 4x4 obsession and how good they are, call them? Or superior are really down to earth too.

TD, I wanted those exact springs, but heard far to many bad reviews about them. Recently found out my old house mate has them, and my ome would flex just as nice, if not nicer.

BigRAWesty
12th November 2013, 06:00 PM
The ome kits are just over 1g with all the little bits and bobs like gearbox spacers, bushes etc.
If you just grab springs and shocks they are right on par.

lhurley
12th November 2013, 06:02 PM
The ome kits are just over 1g with all the little bits and bobs like gearbox spacers, bushes etc.
If you just grab springs and shocks they are right on par.

Well I must of got ripped off by my local arb. I paid $1400 for hd spring, shocks, and a rear sway bar extension.

Bloke didn't seem to interested in doing any work for it (surprise surprise)

Why do you need gear box spacers?? That's like 5" stuff

Ben-e-boy
12th November 2013, 06:12 PM
I think 4" flexi coils would be the go as they only look like a 2" lift and flex 4"
@ Mego I'd be talking to MR about the Flexi kit
The only way you can get that to happen is if the springs you buy are too soft and unable to carry the weight whether they are a load coil, flexy coil or tapered wire progressive

BigRAWesty
12th November 2013, 06:27 PM
Well I must of got ripped off by my local arb. I paid $1400 for hd spring, shocks, and a rear sway bar extension.

Bloke didn't seem to interested in doing any work for it (surprise surprise)

Why do you need gear box spacers?? That's like 5" stuff

Comes with the complete 2" lift kit.
I paid around the $1300 fitted for hd springs, shocks, dampened, offset bushes, gearbox plates and fitted.
I have since removed the spacers as yes there is no need for a 2" lift on a lwb, and the dampener Shat itself..

But, if you just get the springs, shocks and dampener like the superior kit is ome is not for Off the money for a supply of kit..

Drewboyaus
12th November 2013, 07:14 PM
X2 with Ben-e. I've heard lots of poor reports about those flexi-coils.
It all depends what you want it to do really.
I don't know much about the Armadas but seriously, you can't go wrong with the old man emu kits these days, especially if you're driving on the blacktop and touring too.
I would think about doing the OME for now and once you've done some more off-roading and you understand what you like doing, think about selling it and putting in a more custom set up for what you want.

Winnie
12th November 2013, 07:37 PM
X2 with Ben-e. I've heard lots of poor reports about those flexi-coils.
It all depends what you want it to do really.
I don't know much about the Armadas but seriously, you can't go wrong with the old man emu kits these days, especially if you're driving on the blacktop and touring too.
I would think about doing the OME for now and once you've done some more off-roading and you understand what you like doing, think about selling it and putting in a more custom set up for what you want.

Ben was more talking about the 4" lift looking like a 2".

Drewboyaus
12th November 2013, 07:43 PM

Yeah, you are right, sorry I only part read it and mixed a bunch of other things in there.
Should stop trying to post and help the kids with their homework at the same time!

lhurley
12th November 2013, 07:50 PM

Drew is pretty right tho. Generally when something seems to go to be true it is, ie super flex coils.

Ome stuff is pretty damn good. Well way better then the efs I had before

MudRunnerTD
12th November 2013, 08:05 PM
The Amadas in the first post are not the same shocks as the ones I have and appear to be a Budget entry for them. Mine are remote reservoir Extremes and are awesome. I can not comment on these but assume if Amada put their name on them they are decent quality.

But to be honest, for anyone looking for a 2" lift for a GQ or a GU then truly, don't try and reinvent the wheel, Old Man Emu is tried and tested, designed here, by Us, for Us. For 2" they are the ducks guts.