PDA

View Full Version : The ute

Gary Vansleve
5th November 2013, 09:49 PM
Thought i would post up a pic of the new purchase. As posted previously I have been tooing an frowing (so to speak) trying to find something decent and with not much electronic gadgetry. Well here she is a 2006 coil ute with the 4.2. have not owned her for long I hope she is a goer.

Gary

Wizard52
7th November 2013, 02:12 PM
A 3" exhaust and dyno tune and you will be pleasantly surprised.

threedogs
7th November 2013, 03:40 PM
Nice set up love utes ,
that 1/4 pod looks like it would be handy for storing gear.

Gary Vansleve
8th November 2013, 12:00 AM
that 1/4 pod looks like it would be handy for storing gear.

The bins do not go all the width of the tray but are quite sizable an can easily fit fridge, jerry cans in either bin. the tray is nice an strong with good tie down points but a bit high for a short arse like me ( whopping 173 cm ). But I can live with that.

This thing is going to be my tourer towing our Topaz arround the country. I like to be self sufficient and with that in mind I intend to do some mods namely fitting my highmount winch, fit a front air locker and shim up the rear LSD or fit a rear air locker (am undecided at this moment) a dual battery system and my electric brake controller.

Will have to do some research on the above mods. It does have the big zorst and the previous owner was a mechanic and has told me it was on the dyno. It seems to go well but it is only early days need to get some seat time to suss things out. Am currently doing some sort of fuel consumption test to see how it goes fingers crossed.

trevbob
26th March 2014, 07:25 PM
You'll be happy with this I reckon. Love the 4.2 TDi.
Trev

happygu
26th March 2014, 09:33 PM
Looks pretty neat Gary...
Mic

DX grunt
26th March 2014, 09:36 PM
What a GUtey. lol

I'm quite partial to them myself. Mines an 05 ex telstra job.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Antpenny
19th May 2014, 08:18 AM
There a sweet looking rig! If I ever part with the GQ coil cab I'd definitely go with a GU ute!