PDA

View Full Version : GQ Hood latch support member

twase
1st November 2013, 01:27 PM
I am after the piece that comes from the bottom of the radiator support panel to the Hood latch.
I butchered mine to install an intercooler that plans have changed on.
Location Sydney but happy to pay postage on said item.

MudRunnerTD
1st November 2013, 02:21 PM
Hey twase,

When I did the rebuild I wrecked mine and replaced it with a length of 20x20 box tube and cut a notch out of each end. Took me 20minutes to make and fit and happy days.

twase
5th November 2013, 03:12 PM
Hey twase,

When I did the rebuild I wrecked mine and replaced it with a length of 20x20 box tube and cut a notch out of each end. Took me 20minutes to make and fit and happy days.Unfortunately all my tools / welder etc are in canberra so I do not have any way of constructing that at present until I get them up here post xmas.

MudRunnerTD
5th November 2013, 03:13 PM
Unfortunately all my tools / welder etc are in canberra so I do not have any way of constructing that at present until I get them up here post xmas.

All you need is a hack saw. When I get home I will try and take a pic for you mate.

MudRunnerTD
5th November 2013, 07:23 PM
Unfortunately all my tools / welder etc are in canberra so I do not have any way of constructing that at present until I get them up here post xmas.

Here you go mate. Piece of piss!

The bottom

twase
6th November 2013, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the pic's, I went to bunnings and picked up some aluminium and a hacksaw. See how I go.

Mike_1
31st December 2013, 05:05 PM
Hi there,
Have you done it already? I'm currently wrecking my 1990 GQ and I still have it if you want it, but you must be quick as car will be gone on Thursday.

Thanks
Mike

twase
31st December 2013, 05:40 PM
Thanks mike, I have already made one up out of alluminium. Then I found the section I cut out anyway.