PDA

View Full Version : tow bar wiring gu patrol

lindsay
18th January 2011, 05:38 PM
i am about to put a tow bar on my patrol. with the wiring is there a pre-wired harness somewhere (as behind a panel) or not to connect into.

Woof
18th January 2011, 05:56 PM
Hi Lindsay, its always good to post up an intro before asking questions mate, just gets everyone on side immediately.

lindsay
18th January 2011, 06:22 PM
first timer

Woof
18th January 2011, 06:50 PM
first timer

I know mate, I was just trying to assist you here, please don't take it the wrong way.

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2011, 07:23 PM
i am about to put a tow bar on my patrol. with the wiring is there a pre-wired harness somewhere (as behind a panel) or not to connect into.

G'day Lindsay

As Dogman said it is good to get an intro posted mate and let everyone know who you are.

As for your request, i am not sure if the Patrol has a "Plug 'n' Play" loom for you but it is not that difficult to wire up piggy backing off the back of the car, everything is there for you.

You need to figure out if you want to run Electric brake or not as this will determine if you use 5 core or 7 core wire.

But the basics are

Brake Lights
Tail Lights
Right indicators
Left Indicators
Earth

Check this link for the info you need

http://www.campertrailers.org/trailer_wiring_diagram.htm

I typed your question into google! "Trailer plug wiring diagram" and got that first hit.

Cheers and enjoy the forum mate.

the evil twin
18th January 2011, 08:14 PM
I believe "Nizzbits" or someon sells a "Y" harness that plugs into the factory loom on the LH side somewhere... I'll see if I can find a reference

the evil twin
18th January 2011, 08:19 PM
OK... price from Nissan last year was $60 plus GST.

Plugs straight into the existing loom. "Nizzbits" or other aftermarket suppliers may be cheaper if you shop around.

At that price I wouldn't be rrrsed doing it myself