PDA

View Full Version : Picking locks

NP99
28th October 2013, 11:11 PM
I was browsing a site tonight and found a whole variety of lock picking devices for cars and padlocks. These should not be made available to the public. It's an overseas sight and cheap gear...... Let's just hope grubs are too busy with drugs rather than being online.....

oncedisturbed
29th October 2013, 12:41 AM
Unfortunately so many dirt bags are getting their hands on these items like "SlimJims" which are a great bit of kit and have to use them several times in previous jobs. I agree that they shouldn't be available to the general public and should have to provide evidence and genuine reason for purchasing them ie Police, SES etc

NP99
29th October 2013, 12:52 AM
Yes, they had slim Jim's for sale too. We have too many laws regulating crap and not enough with these.

threedogs
29th October 2013, 07:53 AM
When my mate was Sarge in Moonee Ponds, police station They came across
a 16 yo with a list of every house that had no dog and about 150 holden and ford keys.

NP99
29th October 2013, 11:43 AM
The internet doesn't help, there's how to articles for everything. The deep net is even worse!

Steve4wdin
29th October 2013, 04:04 PM
I was browsing a site tonight and found a whole variety of lock picking devices for cars and padlocks. These should not be made available to the public. It's an overseas sight and cheap gear...... Let's just hope grubs are too busy with drugs rather than being online.....

Never knew you could get anything like it. I think every man needs a lock pick, in case wife locks me out, or "she" locks keys in car ha ha

NissanGQ4.2
29th October 2013, 04:46 PM
I really don't understand why anyone would think that these tools should not be available to the public.

On a few occasions I have broken into a car at my local shopping center using packing tape, when the owners has locked the keys in the car as they have gotten out.

If they want your car they will get it, if they want goods left inside the car they will get it..........doesn't take much to smash a window, use a coat hanger or use packing tape etc

PMC
29th October 2013, 07:30 PM

Farkkk, i am a bit worried about you old mate! lol

Regards,

RLI

NP99
30th October 2013, 01:59 AM
Your deiso is safe mate :)