PDA

View Full Version : Uhf

statok
28th October 2013, 02:57 PM
Hey just wondering I just got my self a GME tx 4500 uhf.

Just wondering where people have mounted there UHF as i have a double din kenwood cd player with Bluetooth so i cant put it under the stereo.

Cheers

threedogs
28th October 2013, 03:35 PM
Not familiar with your model but some mount on the side of centre console.
My main unit is under the dash as it has a remote hand piece

statok
28th October 2013, 03:41 PM
Hey threedogs.

Are you able to send me a pic of the uhf unit under the dash please?

My center dash looks the same as yours mate. But with out the wood grain
Cheers mate.

MEGOMONSTER
28th October 2013, 03:52 PM
Hey just wondering I just got my self a GME tx 4500 uhf.

Just wondering where people have mounted there UHF as i have a double din kenwood cd player with Bluetooth so i cant put it under the stereo.

Cheers

I too have mine under the dash behind the glove box. It now sounds like it comes out the cents. 36025

Winnie
28th October 2013, 03:58 PM
Guys the TX4500 model is a DIN sized radio, bit big to be hiding away.

NP99
28th October 2013, 04:01 PM
I mounted mine on the left hand side of the console

threedogs
28th October 2013, 04:08 PM
Mine is an iCom 4400 I have no pics and its buried up behind DP Chip so hard to get to.
The unit itself is only slightly larger than a cig pkt.

NP99
28th October 2013, 04:10 PM
Mine is an iCom 4400 I have no pics and its buried up behind DP Chip so hard to get to.
The unit itself is only slightly larger than a cig pkt.

Hence the remote head.

threedogs
28th October 2013, 04:15 PM
Depending which year yours is you could even mount in the Passenger side false glovebox lid.
Letting your co-driver do all the coms so you can concentrate on driving,
. That's sort of how mine is set, extra speaker for co-driver in case I don't hear a message. My last 4x4 I had a microphone
ext cord made so I could mount the mike up on the overhead console.
You can buy dash pods to house the radio .I think they are from DEPT of INTERIOR, or make your own

statok
28th October 2013, 04:49 PM
Cheers fellas. Im thinking i might have to put it up where the sun glasses flip down console part is

NissanGQ4.2
28th October 2013, 06:22 PM
Have moved this thread into: Nissan Patrol General Chat, The Great Outdoors, Navigation and Communication

Cheers

Toddie

poindexter
14th December 2013, 02:59 PM
Hi guys,
saw this topic, and, as I'm doing a UHF install, thought I'd ask in this thread.
Given that a lot of guys are running cables from the engine bay to the interior, is there a preferred dash panel pass through to use, or do you just drill one in?
I have initially the UHF aerial cable to install, but will be routing things like EGT, boost, electrical wiring etc.
My vehicle is a 2007 coil cab ZD30 ST

cheers

oncedisturbed
14th December 2013, 03:10 PM
there are 2 grommets in the engine bay, 1 on either side that everyone uses

threedogs
14th December 2013, 04:05 PM
Yeah I wouldn't be drilling holes just use the two rubber grommets as OD pointed out

megatexture
14th December 2013, 11:37 PM
Mate I have mounted mine in the sunglass position but if its a single din size you will struggle to get it there minrd a slimline one and barely fit ill try to put up a pic but im on my phone

megatexture
14th December 2013, 11:47 PM
Ok cant put up a pic atm but ill put one up when I can but therea a pic in here. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/album.php?albumid=497&page=2