PDA

View Full Version : BlackWolf Turbo Plus 300

MEGOMONSTER
28th October 2013, 12:10 PM
I went yo Yarrawonga over the weekend to set up camp for Melbourne Cup long weekend and needed a new tent.
I opted for the Black Wolf Turbo plus 300 which was quite expensive. But I am extremely pleased with my purchase

Very simple quick erection.
Fly and side and front panels took a little longer than I thought but was already dark and had already been drinking. Very spacious.
Finished setting camp yesterday. Had to include the mod cons for my wife otherwise no camping.

threedogs
28th October 2013, 01:57 PM
Looks good I like the double Vestibule tents with central common area.
Hey Mego you starting to get Cod fever lol

BigRAWesty
28th October 2013, 02:44 PM
That's not a tent.. It's a fold away house..
Looks good though..

Drewboyaus
28th October 2013, 03:07 PM
Hey Mick, did you go for the full canvas of "lite" version? I'm thinking about one of these for the Simmo crossing (not as big though) or an OzTent and I'd be interested in your opinions after pack up.

MEGOMONSTER
28th October 2013, 03:54 PM
Hey Mick, did you go for the full canvas of "lite" version? I'm thinking about one of these for the Simmo crossing (not as big though) or an OzTent and I'd be interested in your opinions after pack up.

I went full canvas but the awning sides and front only come n poly. If you go the turbo 300 and not the Plus model. It would be up with the fly and awning in 15-20 mins tops, if your anal like me.
To slap it up without the fly and four corner pegs 2-3 mins.
Mt bag is quite large and about 34 kgs.

Drewboyaus
28th October 2013, 05:06 PM
Thnaks mate.
I'm more interested in the down than the up. It is packing up camp in the morning that I'm interested in. Bringing wife and 3 kids will come with a shed-load of gear to pack up and I want to keep that time to a minimum.......as I will probably be hungover! LMAO.
I have an awesome BlackWolf Tuff Dome plus that sleeps us all and will withstand a cyclone that I use when base camping, but being a geodesic dome it will be time consuming to set up and pull down so I've been looking into all the fast-pitch style tents......

BigRAWesty
28th October 2013, 07:03 PM
We got something similar to this, and taking down it just as quick. Hardest part is pulling the pegs..

Drewboyaus
28th October 2013, 07:20 PM
We got something similar to this, and taking down it just as quick. Hardest part is pulling the pegs..

What did you get Westy?

growler2058
28th October 2013, 08:20 PM
I got the 300 plus lite after a couple of set ups pull downs it's quite quick with two of ya

MEGOMONSTER
28th October 2013, 08:23 PM
Looks good I like the double Vestibule tents with central common area.
Hey Mego you starting to get Cod fever lol

Can't wait for 1st December.

Drew
28th October 2013, 08:25 PM
A little Taj Mahal, very nice bud

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein

Drewboyaus
28th October 2013, 08:34 PM
I got the 300 plus lite after a couple of set ups pull downs it's quite quick with two of ya

How does it pack back into its bag? Ok or is it a squeeze?

jackwalks
28th October 2013, 09:24 PM
Finished setting camp yesterday. Had to include the mod cons for my wife otherwise no camping.

Is that Astro turf on the floor?? & is that standard with the tent

It has been a while since I last bought a tent, they have come a long way to include grass now

growler2058
29th October 2013, 04:27 AM
How does it pack back into its bag? Ok or is it a squeeze?

It's tight but does fit I even fit a lump hammer and spare pegs now

MEGOMONSTER
29th October 2013, 12:07 PM
Is that Astro turf on the floor?? & is that standard with the tent

It has been a while since I last bought a tent, they have come a long way to include grass now

No mate GRASS was a separate purchase.
My Missus said (the first time I took her camping) the only way she'll camp in the bush is only if there's green grass, so I bought the fake stuff. Lol

But I does come in handy to get sand off the bottom of your feet before entering the tent.

I even had to buy her a mini wardrobe for the long camp trips.

threedogs
29th October 2013, 04:10 PM
I have a tap you can hammer into tree plus some double 240v GPOs
we used to nail them to trees so the GLF would see we have all mod cons, but alas she saw through us
so we still get to go boys only everytime yooo hoooo

BigRAWesty
29th October 2013, 04:50 PM
What did you get Westy?

This is what we got drew.
Heavy duty ripstop outer, heaps of room. Had originally opted for the 3 room but down sized to the 2 room one. We fit a queen, one single bed and a portacot all in the end room with room to spare.
Will easily fit the queen and 2 singles in when the time comes, and still have room to move.
The best thing is the height. I'm no short ass but can stand up easily..

MEGOMONSTER
12th November 2013, 05:43 PM
Thnaks mate.
I'm more interested in the down than the up. It is packing up camp in the morning that I'm interested in. Bringing wife and 3 kids will come with a shed-load of gear to pack up and I want to keep that time to a minimum.......as I will probably be hungover! LMAO.
I have an awesome BlackWolf Tuff Dome plus that sleeps us all and will withstand a cyclone that I use when base camping, but being a geodesic dome it will be time consuming to set up and pull down so I've been looking into all the fast-pitch style tents......

The tent and fly/awning and side+front panels36799
Took myself a total of 25 mins, that's included all pegs and neatly rolling up all guy ropes back into zippered pockets and getting everything in the bag and zipped up. Stopped the clock.
The fly/awning and front side panels, the fly guys rips took me 15 mins on my own.
The tent itself took me 10 mins.
But that's not knowing how to dismantle and take it down. Or how to roll/ pack it into the bag.
Extremely happy with the tent. More importantly the wife loves it.
Size, feel, and the amount of light it lets in through the canvas in the morning.
The roof vents were a great feature.
Big zips. Just has a smallish door for my height, the Missus says its perfect.

BigRAWesty
12th November 2013, 06:06 PM
Does look the goods.
Grab sand pegs for the crossing but. I might make some Star picket pegs if it's to soft..

Drewboyaus
12th November 2013, 06:11 PM
The tent and fly/awning and side+front panels36799
Took myself a total of 25 mins, that's included all pegs and neatly rolling up all guy ropes back into zippered pockets and getting everything in the bag and zipped up. Stopped the clock.
The fly/awning and front side panels, the fly guys rips took me 15 mins on my own.
The tent itself took me 10 mins.
But that's not knowing how to dismantle and take it down. Or how to roll/ pack it into the bag.
Extremely happy with the tent. More importantly the wife loves it.
Size, feel, and the amount of light it lets in through the canvas in the morning.
The roof vents were a great feature.
Big zips. Just has a smallish door for my height, the Missus says its perfect.

Thanks mate, that's great feedback. Is the bag waterproof? For example, can you put it on the roof in the rain?
Cheers,
Drew.

BigRAWesty
12th November 2013, 06:28 PM
Thanks mate, that's great feedback. Is the bag waterproof? For example, can you put it on the roof in the rain?
Cheers,
Drew.

That is one down fall of mine. Although Its easier to wrap up in the bag it is not water tight..