PDA

View Full Version : Camping Near Bendigo, VIC?

relyimah
24th October 2013, 08:03 AM
Hi all,

Been a while between posts but I've been trying to stay off the old PC as much as possible :)

I get out camping quite a bit myself, but this is a unique situation -- I have a friend who's daughter is mad keen on going camping, and I've offered to help out.

Looking for somewhere near Bendigo, VIC (up to an hour or so away is fine) but realistically needs a drop dunny at minimum as it is a first trip...

:1092:

Have seen Notley and Shadbolt, but was wondering if anyone knows of an area where I can take the .22 as well?

Heading out mid next month so only a few weeks to get my act together.

Thanks in advance! :)

Ben

Bob
24th October 2013, 09:48 AM
Sorry Ben even though I come from Bendigo I do most of my Camping in the High Country or along the Murray River and I don't know of any Camping Spots around this area.
Some one should be able to help you

relyimah
24th October 2013, 10:19 AM
Thanks Bob, that's where I do most of my camping too.

Friend lives in Bendigo, though, and I'm in Frankston area so already have a 2.5hr-odd trip ahead of me before we even head out so need to keep it close :)

Cheers!

relyimah
8th November 2013, 08:43 AM
Hi all. Quick bump to see if anyone has any ideas?

Is next weekend so at the pointy end of the decision making.

Cheers for your thoughts....

Ben

MudRunnerTD
8th November 2013, 09:21 AM
The blank, leave it with me. Do you want to do 4w driving too? The Mt Cole area is great mate. A good site just North of Avoca at a country football ground. Good toilet. Good spot.

Bloodyaussie
8th November 2013, 09:26 AM
I have done the Avoca area and that is pretty good stuff.... plenty of camping but not sure of dunnies in the area.

threedogs
8th November 2013, 10:33 AM
Whats about the Lake area down around Colac area

mudnut
8th November 2013, 11:42 AM
G'day, relyimah, Melville Caves in the Kooyoora state park, near Rheola and Bridgewater is nice, but not a lot of 4wd tracks that I know of, but fantastic views from the top. Don't know the situation with booking or anything, these days. There is great facilities all around Mt Cole. Wish to go back there as the wheeling tracks are fantastic. Type in Mt Cole and a few different web sites come up. The Pyrenees site has a good map to download. I used to shoot on many different areas of private land around my old stomping ground of Bendigo, but most of the land owners I knew have either sold up, or passed away, so I can't tell you many spots for shooting, sorry.

rusty_nail
8th November 2013, 11:55 AM
there are plenty of nice spots on the murray up near echuca moama? ive camped along there a few times...

relyimah
9th November 2013, 07:30 AM
Thank you all for the fantastic ideas. Gives me plenty to work with.

@MudRunnerTD - is there ever a time we don't want to lock the hubs? Hehe. Though just an overnighter this time so is very optional :)

Cheers!

Ben

MudRunnerTD
9th November 2013, 07:59 AM
Moonambel is the spot I was thinking. Good spot. But public. They have powered tent sites as well as unpowered and a good toilet block. It is not a caravan park but is the local oval. Can take 80 campers no trouble.

relyimah
10th November 2013, 08:33 AM
Thanks for taking the time to get back to me MR... And thanks to all for the, suggestions.

Will have a look at a few this week and settle on a spot. For now I have to get back to installing this Damn gauge that seems to be taking far longer than it should.